Guess The Attendance 2017 - NYCFC vs. DC United (March 12)

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Following a loss that should have been a tie, or even a win, NYCFC flies back to New York for the home opener of 2017. NYCFC Episode III: Return of Vieira. But will Vieira get the formation and lineup right this time? It will be loud and proud on Sunday at 2 PM, hopefully, with high in the low 40s and a 40% chance of snow according to weather.gov. Will everyone go long sleeves? Will we see the mystical orange ball?

But most importantly, what do you think the attendance will be?

The Price is Right rules, closest to the actual as reported on MLSsoccer.com without going over...

GUESS AWAY!

2017 HALL OF RECORDS
- Match 1, at Orlando (March 5): adam adam 25,502 (estimate) vs. 25,527 (actual), 25 difference

if predicted weather holds up, attendance will be very low

While you're sitting pretty in Delta
Hey. The actual Delta seats are out in the elements with the undesirables, deplorables, hoi polloi, my fellow supporters. If it snows we will get cold and wet, or be forced to retreat to a warm room with bars and large screen televisions. The suffering is real.

Agreed with this statement, though based on tickets sold I think we'll be in the high 20Ks

This would be our lowest attendance ever (for a home game at Yankee Stadium) by 3K compared to a weekday game.

I remember that game, not only was it a weekday, it was kinda crap weather and we were in the middle of a gigantic loosing streak.

People need to go on the Ticketmaster site and see how many tickets have already been sold. It is close to a sell out.
That can be misleading, as it also appears as some good size blocks of seats are still in reserve.