Home - 10/23 Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently you had to scan all the seats on your account for all the games. So because some Legends seats were unused, I am not on the list...

What it exactly is...still don't have a clear picture, just being on the field at some point for some duration.
You sit on the field next to the bench, you have legends seats that you don't use. You can go to every single game, yet still complain.

Reactions: sbrylski
You sit on the field next to the bench, you have legends seats that you don't use. You can go to every single game, yet still complain.

As spoilt as he is compared to the rest of us, he does have a point. The club promised this extra to all season ticket holders, regardless of where they sit or how many seats they own. If LionNYC LionNYC owned 4 seats in section xyz and showed up to every match but didn't scan each ticket for every match, would his argument be any more or less valid?

At the same time, if you're already sitting pitchside by the bench and interacting with the players, it's probably not an extra that means too much to complain about. But to his credit, you don't see him throwing a huge fit, and that's probably the reason why.

Trying to figure out what to spend my points on for this last match. All that's really interesting, I guess, is the auction for the post-match presser or the sweepstakes to watch from Patricof's box.

If you have enough for the Pitchside upgrade, spend those points. Otherwise the post-match presser is probably a better bet than the sweepstakes.

I have a large amount of points that will be expiring in 2017 (not renewing that seat), so I hope to spend it to be on the float of the ticker tape parade down the Canyon of Heroes this December.

Must win match ... A mid week single elimimation playoff during the busiest week of earnings season would not be ideal for our Cup chances nor for attendance. Kids in school and equity analysts would be under represented in the crowd. For an NYC based team those are significant sub segments of the fan base.

I'll be traveling for work next week. Have been to every home game this season and would be so sad if the first game I have to miss is their HISTORIC first playoff appearance.

Reactions: FootyLovin and JayH
Edited, See below, thanks for the updates!

Last edited:
Crickets on the Mata injury since he was seen wearing a boot (unless I've missed something which is possible). Any updates? NYCFCfan Empire of Soccer any news?
Here's the tweet from Araos at training today.
He also said everyone else appeared to be at training, which presumably includes RJ.

Soccer in the City also reported a day or two ago that Matarrita said it wasn't long-term serious, but was sore and his status for this weekend will be determined later this week (or something like that). I'm guessing we don't see him this weekend, but that is entirely speculation on my part.

Relatedly, I haven't seen mention of it here, but there is this unfortunate story about Diego Martinez possibly speaking to a ballboy in, what I'll call, an unflattering way. If true, I could imagine a suspension.

Feels like it could be another RJ at LB, Hernandez at RB effort, unfortunately.

Reactions: FootyLovin and JayH
Here's the tweet from Araos at training today. Relatedly, I haven't seen mention of it here, but there is this unfortunate story about Diego Martinez possibly speaking to a ballboy in, what I'll call, an unflattering way. If true, I could imagine a suspension.

Remember when Mendoza screamed at the ballgirl during the New England match (I think it was that one), no suspension.

Reactions: JayH
Remember when Mendoza screamed at the ballgirl during the New England match (I think it was that one), no suspension.
I've seen plenty of players yell at ball boys/girls. In fact, I saw Waylon Francis of CLB make one cry during our first match there. That's not the problem. It is what Martinez allegedly said that would almost certainly draw a suspension from the league if true. To be clear, I have no idea if it is true - just that the story was circulating.

Reactions: The Toe and JayH
Here's the tweet from Araos at training today.
He also said everyone else appeared to be at training, which presumably includes RJ.

Soccer in the City also reported a day or two ago that Matarrita said it wasn't long-term serious, but was sore and his status for this weekend will be determined later this week (or something like that). I'm guessing we don't see him this weekend, but that is entirely speculation on my part.

Relatedly, I haven't seen mention of it here, but there is this unfortunate story about Diego Martinez possibly speaking to a ballboy in, what I'll call, an unflattering way. If true, I could imagine a suspension.

Feels like it could be another RJ at LB, Hernandez at RB effort, unfortunately.
Generally the news is good all-around, but that's an unfortunate footnote as I thought that Diego was peppy and serviceable last game and would be a better option if Mata was out and we could present Diego and RJ on the outsides.

Err... I've apparently won BOTH auctions for attending the presser, which I didn't intend to do. But the upshot is that I can bring three guests with me. Attempting to round up some personal friends, but if I have some available guest slots I'll bring some of you Internet Weirdos along.
Congrats. I attended about 2 months ago and brought along Viewfrom226 Viewfrom226 . It was a good experience.

Err... I've apparently won BOTH auctions for attending the presser, which I didn't intend to do. But the upshot is that I can bring three guests with me. Attempting to round up some personal friends, but if I have some available guest slots I'll bring some of you Internet Weirdos along.
That's kinda funny. I would think they could just give the second one to the second-highest bidder, but I guess that's not how it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.