Home - 11/4 Atlanta - Eastern Conference Semifinals Leg 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, dude, you’re gonna be an absolute mess walking down the steps to your seat on marathon legs. My advice is turn around and walk down backwards very slowly while holding onto the railing.

Listen to Midas. After running a marathon, stairs are your enemy for the next few days.

Reactions: Kjbert
So the games are usually at 1-4-7-10 with the East getting the 1 and 7 and the West 4 and 10.
The “more attractive” games from a TV perspective are usually the evening games.

I bet we get the 7 pm game because it is NY - ATL and would be seen as drawing more eyeballs than RBNJ - DC (or CLB). If CLB wins then we’re definitely getting the 7 pm game.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
So the games are usually at 1-4-7-10 with the East getting the 1 and 7 and the West 4 and 10.
The “more attractive” games from a TV perspective are usually the evening games.

I bet we get the 7 pm game because it is NY - ATL and would be seen as drawing more eyeballs than RBNJ - DC (or CLB). If CLB wins then we’re definitely getting the 7 pm game.
I'm also guessing with the marathon going on, having the 1pm game in the Bronx would be a disaster from a commute standpoint. We have to be getting the 7pm game.

I too heard that they announced that a potential game against Atlanta would be played at 7pm at halftime.

well know soon enough but the time slot is 7:30 not 7. I do want the 5/ 5:30 slot so i dont have to get home 11:30 ish again to wake up early for work.

Reactions: Kjbert
Email says 5:30 or 7:30
I was just curious was this email sent out after the game. Im asking as it is hit or miss with me receiving emails from the team. I'm still waiting to receive an email about the 2019 season tickets but they already charged my account for them.

I was just curious was this email sent out after the game. Im asking as it is hit or miss with me receiving emails from the team. I'm still waiting to receive an email about the 2019 season tickets but they already charged my account for them.
9:22pm, after the match

Reactions: Joe_Cos

Yup one of the podcasts was discussing this. If you are Almiron and you have a potentially up to $30M transfer awaiting in the winter, how much risk do you put on this game? What if he stretches it, comes back too quickly and tears his hamstring, blowing that deal?

Does Atlanta put him on that grass at Yankee stadium for 30 mins or so?

Reactions: SoupInNYC and adam
This is silly. A hamstring injury isn't the same as tearing an ACL.

And who is paying $30 Million for Almiron?

This is silly. A hamstring injury isn't the same as tearing an ACL.

And who is paying $30 Million for Almiron?
A serious hamstring tear/injury is worse than an ACL for players that are speedy.

Yup one of the podcasts was discussing this. If you are Almiron and you have a potentially up to $30M transfer awaiting in the winter, how much risk do you put on this game? What if he stretches it, comes back too quickly and tears his hamstring, blowing that deal?

Does Atlanta put him on that grass at Yankee stadium for 30 mins or so?

At the very least, even if Almiron starts, he probably won't be at 100%. And that's a HUGE storyline for an Atlanta offense that goes through him.

An ACL tear usually means you miss an entire season.
Missing the season is a slight setback - ACL’s can now be repaired nearly perfectly.

A badly torn hamstring will never heal perfectly or quickly, not even with surgery, resulting in lots of scar tissue. If speed is a young player’s main asset, they’re gonna lose that very top end kick and likely never get it back. Older players will see greater diminished speed and strength. And once scarred-up, the chance of future injuries is heightened as the in-flexible scar tissue will be the first area to rupture if hyper-extended too far in the heat of competition - it’s the opposite of a bone break that gets stronger along the fissure.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Status
Not open for further replies.