Home - August 24 - Columbus (Postgame)

This was great and I absolutely loved the effort for that. I thought it looked pretty good and the fact that the bulk of Red Bulls seats are blue (I think the ones that aren't were covered by the green tarps) really helped.

On an interesting note, some Red Bull fans were quite pissed off by it, and as much as I like to see them squirm, gotta feel for them for being told one thing by the FO and then having the opposite happen to them.

I'm assuming there's only so much they can do. Those tarps at that level are always there, even when Red Bulls have fans in the stadium. And assuming since it was only viewable on TV from the rare odd angle, probably not worth it.

Yes, what a disgraceful show of disrespect to cover the Red Bulls home end with sky blue banners that reference uhhh [checks notes] frontline workers and dead New Yorkers. If only we were more classy about it!

The guy is talking about the **South Ward** in the kind of hushed tones usually reserved for Indian burial grounds. This isn't exactly the Kop or Yellow Wall we're talking about here.

Please don’t compare Taty to Mitri in that regard. Taty takes simulation to another, almost ethereal, level. He’s practically Neymaresque.
Not comparing - Taty is at a much different level of awful in that regard. However, Mitri does go down too easy and loses some calls on legitimate fouls.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Has Deila mentioned anything about Acevedo? Everyone was expecting big things and minutes from him. You’d think by now he’d be match fit or at least fit enough to sub on for Ring rather than Rocha coming on.

Has Deila mentioned anything about Acevedo? Everyone was expecting big things and minutes from him. You’d think by now he’d be match fit or at least fit enough to sub on for Ring rather than Rocha coming on.

im starting to think since its not his signing hes not gonna play him, he much rather play someone he "knows" in GMS

im starting to think since its not his signing hes not gonna play him, he much rather play someone he "knows" in GMS
But isn't Acevedo like 1 of 2 players that have been signed since Ronny took the job?

I thought Acevedo looked good in the few minute he's been on the pitch for NYCFC. He did more in those minutes than some players on this team do in an entire game. (I'm thinking of games last year where I had forgotten that Medina was even on the field as one example) Did anyone see anything different. Kid looked like he was ready to play some ball. What is the Delia?

Thought Ring's celebration was a bit odd.....

As for "say it to my face"..... What? How? We're all stuck at home, not supposed to be making unnecessary contact with other people and prevented from going to the games....

Drive to the training facility and hold up a sign? DM on Instagram?

I thought Acevedo looked good in the few minute he's been on the pitch for NYCFC. He did more in those minutes than some players on this team do in an entire game. (I'm thinking of games last year where I had forgotten that Medina was even on the field as one example) Did anyone see anything different. Kid looked like he was ready to play some ball. What is the Delia?
I thought the same. He looked sharp and played some nice balls forward in the short time he was on.

Please don’t compare Taty to Mitri in that regard. Taty takes simulation to another, almost ethereal, level. He’s practically Neymaresque.

Which is sad considering that Taty is also one of the few proven fighters in the team, in the sense that he always gives 100% and more when on the field

Reactions: Yankeedom
Parks is supposed to be a box to box.. i don't see why Sands can't be. Only difference is maybe Parks has slightly better vision and better dribbling.
I think it's mostly progressive passing. Parks has that vision and has shown the ability to look for, and make great progressive passes.

Sands has not. Most of his passes are safe passes. But that doesn't mean he's not capable of it. I'm sure most of that is due to the positions (CB and CDM) he's played through academy and his first-team minutes to date. If he's in a role where he needs to look more to progress the ball, then I think that's something he could grow into.

Several times in this video, I see him playing smart, progressive passes, as well as counter-pressing higher up the pitch than the typical 6 position.