Home game vs Houston being moved to Hartford, CT

Having a reputation for removing non-removable seats limits your options...
If they were really supposed to be non-removable, they'd have been welded in placed rather than screwed, therefore they were meant to be souvenirs

Wait, so because Houston's field isn't available, albeit because of a natural disaster, they move the series to another stadium without batting an eye.

Sorry, but the Yankees can go Fck themselves. One game at a different location, because they already rented out YS to an organization they're a minority owner of, is not the end of the world. What a bunch of spoiled twits they are.

And before anybody jumps on me because of the comparison to the hurricane, their baseball series could just as well have been canceled but they didn't do it.

Reactions: Fake Jew and CatNYC
Wait, so because Houston's field isn't available, albeit because of a natural disaster, they move the series to another stadium without batting an eye.

Sorry, but the Yankees can go Fck themselves. One game at a different location, because they already rented out YS to an organization they're a minority owner of, is not the end of the world. What a bunch of spoiled twits they are.

And before anybody jumps on me because of the comparison to the hurricane, their baseball series could just as well have been canceled but they didn't do it.

Yup. Fuck em.

Having a reputation for removing non-removable seats limits your options...
Or the Columbia field is named after one of their biggest athletics boosters who also happens to be the owner of the New York Cosmos.

This early evening, I attended a meeting with a small group of concerned fans:The BrownBags, Third Rail, and other groups whose name , I don't know about the the abrupt, botched handling of NYCFC management regarding the game being moved to Conn. Here some relevant points of meeting

1- The Chief complaint was the way fans were "informed " about the situation. The Happy Cheery way the Email we all received; the venue change was done with no concern how the move affected STH. How change affected us in personal ways, financial, travel time, time wise( a trip that entails about 10 hours)
I asked why not just a "simple" change of date/ postponement ?
" it was the first solution . however not as simple, because since it involved scheduling of other parties involved: YS -MLB, HoustonDynamo, Stadiums scheduled for other events.

2-Future preparation for a similar situation that may arise again.

3- initial idea was not to charge the $10.00 buses fare, however the unpredictable of how many people would attend , Mr Patricoff decided against it.

4- Own team stadium - that is actively being on the works. several locations were mentioned, Belmont, Queens -Far Rockaway in all about 14 locations ( I may not be right in recalling number) and I asked if the Bronx was in consideration and I am happy to report that the answer was "Yes" and that at the moment the Bronx and Queens were in the top of the list.

5- folks I use Stress -A- Ride, unfortunately , I had to leave the meeting because my ride was around the corner.

PS thanks roxfontaine for inviting me to the meeting to express my concerns about ADA needs.

Well tickets went on sale yesterday for City Members and sales have been paltry. They aren't even opening up the entire first tier. Aside from the midfield section, the near side of the stadium is closed. Less than 5,000 attendance is my guess unless they really advertise to Connecticut and UCONN students.
Just bought a ticket. Based on a quick look through seat availability by section, I would say sales to individual/civilian City Members are in the low hundreds at this point. The supporters sections weren't reflecting seat-by-seat availability for some reason.

Several sections on the far side of the stadium -- mostly end line and corners -- are shaded light blue in terms of availability, but that's only because the last eight rows are blocked out. In most sections, sales are scattered in the first five rows or so. Also spotted a couple 30-40 seat blocks in higher rows in the near side VIP Midfield, so those may be set aside by the organization.

Hopefully I won't have flashbacks to attending Division III football games.

At least the tack-on fee for the ticket was only $2.

Did I read somewhere that the seating would be General Admission?

yankees postponed another game today... just saying

The Orioles played a home game in a closed stadium during the Baltimore riots. They can play a MLB game anywhere there is a big enough field.

Still bullshit our game was moved. Rob Manfred is a dick.

And several years ago during Hurricane Rita (I think?), the Astros played a "home" game against the Cubs at Miller Park in Milwaukee. The pitcher for the Cubs, Carlos Zambrano, went on to throw a no-hitter in that game.

This too shall pass.

And several years ago during Hurricane Rita (I think?), the Astros played a "home" game against the Cubs at Miller Park in Milwaukee. The pitcher for the Cubs, Carlos Zambrano, went on to throw a no-hitter in that game.

This too shall pass.

Are you saying that the Dynamo are going to dominate us and shut us out?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Are you saying that the Dynamo are going to dominate us and shut us out?
Haha, no. That was moreso in terms of there were some earlier suggestions of having this game back in Houston instead (this obviously before what's happening down there now). I guess nobody is really saying that anymore, so not sure why I decided to post that now...

Reactions: adam