Home game vs Houston being moved to Hartford, CT

yes and no... its not simply about one game being relocated, its about the situation as a whole with the yankees and yankee stadium, and that we still have no stadium news of our own.
Sure I get that, but even if we had a new stadium coming, this would still happen until it was built. Life happens.

I'm also a Brooklyn nets STH, and what they did was worse - they relocated two regular season games to Mexico, and instead of issuing refunds, they kept our money and instead gave us "upgrade credit". At least NYCFC does the honorable thing and let's us keep our money.

Sure I get that, but even if we had a new stadium coming, this would still happen until it was built. Life happens.

I'm also a Brooklyn nets STH, and what they did was worse - they relocated two regular season games to Mexico, and instead of issuing refunds, they kept our money and instead gave us "upgrade credit". At least NYCFC does the honorable thing and let's us keep our money.
The Nets charge per game and this was the only way to get "higher profile" games. Even if they didn't you seriously can't complain about season tickets for 39 games starting at 500 dollars at a world class arena. Way different situation..

Oh god, the game is being aired on Unimas. Which is the worse of two evils: A home game in Connecticut or listening to the horrible English Unimas announcers?

I've been to every home MLS game. If I miss this does the streak end?

MLS probably mandated the chosen stadium have a certain attendance. Belson Stadium (St. John's) has a game at 7 PM that night so we could have a gone a doubleheader. Ichan Stadium on Randalls Island would be an option too.

Oh god, the game is being aired on Unimas. Which is the worse of two evils: A home game in Connecticut or listening to the horrible English Unimas announcers?

I've been to every home MLS game. If I miss this does the streak end?
no

Ooooooh man, haha, this is very bad. I had been on the fence about keeping my season tickets for another year, for a number of reasons, and I might politely inform my rep of that when confirming how to go about getting this refund. Yikes, was the moon already booked or something?

That's my problem with the situation, I assumed at some point we'd have a scheduling conflict like this but was the closest viable option really somewhere 100 miles away? Extremely inconvenient

Yes. It's a very complex situation and I was assured that all options were examined and the one that best fit the complex need was Pratt & Whitney. It SUCKS but we have two options:

1. We go and make the best of it.
2. We don't go.

Whatever we do, we should do it collectively and we should do it with the full knowledge and understanding of the complexity of the situation. Just attending blindly or not attending to be anti doesn't sit well with me personally. A soccer specific arena in NYC was always going to be incredibly complicated. I just don't see how us abandoning our team helps the advanced politics of building a soccer specific arena.

We have to talk this out, collectively, with real intent; not just anger. Let's work...

This situation completely sucks -- I can only begin to imagine how RBNJ fans are going to try to use this against us on Friday -- but I'll be going. The players have no control over all this, and I want them to feel as much support as they can as we approach the playoffs.

So...as I know nothing about the Hartford stadium...is it grass? Who plays there?

Will this be a MLS 1.0 game with the football lines painted on the field?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert
Ok, another question...I had listed my tickets on ticket exchange for this one. I'm assuming that this gets thrown out and I get a refund. What do you think the odds are that NYCFC screws this up? About 100%?

Reactions: Gazza_55 and Ulrich
I find it hard to believe we couldn't get RB Arena some other day or even that day. They may be our arch enemy, but it's a path train away as opposed to charter buses.

you really think RB would be willing to lend their stadium like that ? no matter how much money they make off of it it looks bad on them that another MLS team( your rival) can potentially do much better than you attendance wise

Ok, another question...I had listed my tickets on ticket exchange for this one. I'm assuming that this gets thrown out and I get a refund. What do you think the odds are that NYCFC screws this up? About 100%?

Well, it's not like they haven't fucked up shit before!

you really think RB would be willing to lend their stadium like that ? no matter how much money they make off of it it looks bad on them that another MLS team( your rival) can potentially do much better than you attendance wise

RB may have offered but playing a game there and seeing fans show up justifies the Red Bulls claim to New York and removes all our idea of having our stadium not in New Jersey.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Yes. It's a very complex situation and I was assured that all options were examined and the one that best fit the complex need was Pratt & Whitney. It SUCKS but we have two options:

1. We go and make the best of it.
2. We don't go.

Whatever we do, we should do it collectively and we should do it with the full knowledge and understanding of the complexity of the situation. Just attending blindly or not attending to be anti doesn't sit well with me personally. A soccer specific arena in NYC was always going to be incredibly complicated. I just don't see how us abandoning our team helps the advanced politics of building a soccer specific arena.

We have to talk this out, collectively, with real intent; not just anger. Let's work...
It's not so complex. We have some shitty supporters that caused local Universities to ban us and the Yankees aren't honoring the fact that the stadium is ours for this game. Yankee ownership seems like it's taking us nowhere. Supporters must take a stand against them someway.

Could have totally spun this even better by moving it to Metlife, and even if it meant they were giving away tickets, get 60K people in there at any means necessary.

i dont know if the jets want their field touched and messed with before their sunday game...also all those football lines

Should be playing in Coney with the cosmos, attendance is going to be horrid for the game anyway, we could of at least filled out that tiny stadium with only season ticket holders

cosmos are at home that day....so two for one?