Home game vs Houston being moved to Hartford, CT

you really think RB would be willing to lend their stadium like that ? no matter how much money they make off of it it looks bad on them that another MLS team( your rival) can potentially do much better than you attendance wise
They wouldn't lend it, they'd rent it. And RB needs the money - they're getting killed with their attendance. And the Ace in the hole is Garber telling them to rent it and be happy taking the team's money.

It's not so complex. We have some shitty supporters that caused local Universities to ban us and the Yankees aren't honoring the fact that the stadium is ours for this game. Yankee ownership seems like it's taking us nowhere. Supporters must take a stand against them someway.

All respectable points. I'm certainly no expert but I'm quite sure it's specifically stated in whatever tenant agreement NYCFC has with the Yankees that they have priority in the event of scheduling conflicts. That's just so far out of our control.

The Nets charge per game and this was the only way to get "higher profile" games. Even if they didn't you seriously can't complain about season tickets for 39 games starting at 500 dollars at a world class arena. Way different situation..

ehh i dont know about that...its ultra tight and some bad views for certain events

Reactions: Kjbert
Ok, another question...I had listed my tickets on ticket exchange for this one. I'm assuming that this gets thrown out and I get a refund. What do you think the odds are that NYCFC screws this up? About 100%?
Check and see if the listing has already been cancelled automatically. If not, Ticketmaster has to pull the game listing soon. Assuming they haven't sold, I would pull the listing yourself to make things a little smoother.

ehh i dont know about that...its ultra tight and some bad views for certain events
It's built for basketball and nothing but basketball. The atmosphere is rocking when people actually get invested into the game. (Fuck the suits). Probably the best food out of any venue in NYC. I consider it a world class venue for basketball.

I was just informed this morning by the FO that due to unforeseen circumstances, the home game that was scheduled for 9/23 has been moved away from Yankee Stadium to Pratt & Whitney/Rentschler Field in East Hartford, CT. Season ticket holders should receive an e-mail with additional information. Here are some key things specific to those of us in the supporters section:

- Game time will be 3 or 4 pm, depending on TV schedules.

- Seating will be in sections 110-113.

- Your season ticket cards WILL NOT be used for this game. You have the option to either get a refund on this single game or select another future date. Ticketmaster also will not work. You will need to purchase tickets from the Pratt & Whitney stadium ticket office.

- All tickets will be priced at reduced rates. You can anticipate approximately $15 supporter section tickets.

- The team is working on buses to the stadium for ALL fans. There will be a $10 reservation hold. Pickup locations will be at up to 9 different pub partners throughout the boroughs based on demand. TR will primarily be riding from St. Pat's at 22 W 46th St. You are welcome to ride from any location that is convenient for you however. Locations will be selected and communicated by the club.

- YES, we're working on smoke grenades.

- YES, we're looking to tailgate.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask. This isn't ideal but I choose to look at the positive. We have an opportunity to potentially get a "full experience" while we're out there. Details have to be ironed out but I'm working with the club to make it so that we can enjoy being there.

Sorry there is no positive 3 years in the league and ownership has refused to give an update on the status of the stadium its a slap in the dace to the season ticket holders and fans.

They wouldn't lend it, they'd rent it. And RB needs the money - they're getting killed with their attendance. And the Ace in the hole is Garber telling them to rent it and be happy taking the team's money.

they dont have to and as much as we dislike RB they are not in financial troubles...they are tight budget for players by choice i feel but not because they are poor.

looks bad if we get more than half of the stadium filled up.

So...as I know nothing about the Hartford stadium...is it grass? Who plays there?

Will this be a MLS 1.0 game with the football lines painted on the field?

giphy.gif
Beautiful field that has hosted 2 USMNT games in the past few years. Great tailgating areas. Come on up to the 'burbs! Its literally a million times better soccer stadium than YS.

It's built for basketball and nothing but basketball. The atmosphere is rocking when people actually get invested into the game. (Fuck the suits). Probably the best food out of any venue in NYC. I consider it a world class venue for basketball.

never been for basketball game....but if food is the same as other events i disagree on food as well. its not bad but not amazing

i dont know if the jets want their field touched and messed with before their sunday game...also all those football lines

Move it to Friday Night Lights at MetLife.

Point is, there are about 20 options better than playing in Hartford, and I think that includes playing the game at Houston.

Hartford's Stadium is awesome actually, but this isn't a home match. Let's not get it twisted.

NYCFC screwed up by:
  1. Not offering to honor existing tickets (in addition to offering refunds for those who would prefer that).
  2. Not offering free transportation.
This is the kind of thing that could easily happen again, given how frequently baseball games are rescheduled. I hope CFG is better prepared, next time.

Reactions: ktdNYCFC and Kjbert
Yes. It's a very complex situation and I was assured that all options were examined and the one that best fit the complex need was Pratt & Whitney. It SUCKS but we have two options:

1. We go and make the best of it.
2. We don't go.

Whatever we do, we should do it collectively and we should do it with the full knowledge and understanding of the complexity of the situation. Just attending blindly or not attending to be anti doesn't sit well with me personally. A soccer specific arena in NYC was always going to be incredibly complicated. I just don't see how us abandoning our team helps the advanced politics of building a soccer specific arena.

We have to talk this out, collectively, with real intent; not just anger. Let's work...

I commend you for being a much bigger person than I am in this situation by attempting to turn it into a positive. And, agreed, it is indeed a multilayered situation where one doesn't want to abandon the team (as in the squad on the field), but also feels somewhat abandoned by the team (the FO). However, the faith a fan can put into the FO's language of exploring every option in a difficult situation (i.e. a stadium in the city) really takes a hit here. If this is the best they can present here, what's to say that after an exhaustive search of all the options in the city they also won't come to fans with something else extremely unideal and less-than (in terms of what they've promised from the get-go)? While it's obviously not and apples to apples comparison, it doesn't necessarily bode well either.

Sorry there is no positive 3 years in the league and ownership has refused to give an update on the status of the stadium its a slap in the dace to the season ticket holders and fans.

i mean nothing to that extent gets finalized in three years...this nyc everything takes forever

like i said in another thread.....i originally said 10 years in YS due to the red tape in nyc for building anything...i still got 7 yrs in my prediction.

2015: Lampardgate
2016: 0-7 2x
2017: Connecticut

Sign up to be a season ticket holder of NYCFC, our star players may not arrive at the time they should and will be injured for 60% of their time in New York because of complications at the team they were told to stay at instead of coming to New York and there's an off chance a home game will be moved 100+ miles to Connecticut.