Home - Nycfc V Philadelphia - 04/16

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
We'll see the union this week again on Thursday.
Not saying must win but we need to take 1 of two against a team like this.

Match Time 7:00

Who do we play over Mix? Please let it be Poku.

My guess at the lineup:

--------Saunders-------------
----Hernandez--Wingert----
Williams----------------Brovsky--
--------Jacobson--Ballouchy------
Shelton---------------------Grabavoy--
---------Nemec-----Villa-------

Not what I would do, but thats what I think we see from kreis.

image.jpg

I'm not sure if Grabavoy fits in the middle, but I'd like to see something like this. I do want Poku to start next to Jacobson, but unfortunately I don't think that's in the cards for this game. I think Brovsky needs to take a seat for this game. He's been getting killed and Ayuk is just too fast for him. Maybe Facey starts to counter that, but I don't think he will.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Call him the fuck back. Have T99 play LM or RM. He's technical, quick and physical. An improvement over Velazquez. Have him and Shelton play on the wings for away games. I think the smaller pitch at YS doesn't quite help with stretching the field.

Reactions: LostAnvil
Poku is with Willmington if i'm not mistaken.

Hard to say what the terms of his loan are. Wilmington's twitter stated they had seven loanees "for the game today" which makes it sound like they could all be back in NYC already. I know that in England, save for emergency loans, the shortest a loan can be for is one month, but I don't know the rules of US loans.

Reactions: TommyM
Hard to say what the terms of his loan are. Wilmington's twitter stated they had seven loanees "for the game today" which makes it sound like they could all be back in NYC already. I know that in England, save for emergency loans, the shortest a loan can be for is one month, but I don't know the rules of US loans.
From what I could find after a quick internet sweep there are no restrictions on the loan time to the USL. Many do in fact seem to be one game loans for rehab/technical work.

Reactions: Goodfella
We need this win badly. Already gave Philly their only win of the season so far, which is embarrassing enough, though we really needed a win there too. So far we have no wins on the road. But losing to Philly twice in a row would not be easy to get over.

Brovsky is slow and he has poor positional awareness. It's a bad combination. He's been caught forward a lot over the last two games. He got roasted by Graham Zusi early in the SKC game (the play where Zusi was all alone on goal - may have been called offsides but it wasn't some great offsides trap by Brovsky he just got torched). He was beaten badly a couple times on Saturday as well, Mix bailed him out twice in the first half that I can remember.

He was also just ball watching in the build up to Philly's last goal as Calle attempted/failed to win possession in the corner.

The only problem I have with pushing Wingert out left is that you'll still have Williams on the right side. I can't decide who's worse, slow/out of position Brovsky or Williams who gives the ball away at every opportunity.

Biggest problem area on the team right now, no question.

Wilmington played at RBNY2 right? So, Poku, et al. never technically left the NYC metro area. I think it was just too convenient not to play as many NYCFC reserves as possible in that match.

Wilmington played at RBNY2 right? So, Poku, et al. never technically left the NYC metro area. I think it was just too convenient not to play as many NYCFC reserves as possible in that match.

It was at RBA, so in the metro area but outside the city.

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC