Home Opener Tifo

roxfontaine

Level Up
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 7, 2015
I'm Around

Want to get a proper look at this tifo? Drop by Billy's on Friday before the game to party with The Third Rail and this tifo will be hanging. Hope to see you there!

tifo.jpg

Well done to everyone involved. Big fan of Nas so of course I'm happy with this.

What happens to the tifo after games, obviously you'll be putting this one up but then what?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
What happens to the tifo after games, obviously you'll be putting this one up but then what?

They generally just get trashed.

Last year, they were done with a cloth/vinyl material and were VERY heavy and really expensive to make. This year, they've switched to a lightweight plastic material that worked very well. If people are interested in them, we may give one away this season. Can't imagine what anyone would do with it but they could have it. lol

Thanks for infusing some NYC hip hop culture into game day. NYC is so rich in its musical heritage and history, from many genres, I would love to see that make its way more into our team culture, whether tifos, chants, branding, etc. Well done R roxfontaine and co!

Really appreciated seeing this yesterday but would it kill YS to show this on the big board when it's unfurled? I sit in 133 and it's impossible to view from that angle.
Yeah, R roxfontaine is it possible to get NYCFC to have a dedicated camera up in the 300 section for this? A lot of people on twitter telling me they had a poor view of it.

Considering all the work that went into it, it should be displayed proudly by the team.

would it kill YS to show this on the big board when it's unfurled?

Great idea. I'll definitely send that up and see what can be done. I attended the Pinstripe Bowl game last year and I saw that the stadium has "pylons" for raising nets for field goals. I asked if we might be able to use those to raise tifo. I was told that the question would be asked but I didn't hear back about it (which usually means no), but I will follow up on that.

It's going to be tough to ask for anything after yesterday. Smoke grenades went off and streamers were thrown. Flagpoles are likely to be stripped too. So far I haven't heard anything but I won't be at all surprised if we don't have them on Friday.