Home - Orlando 03/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
One meal (and multiple beers) until game time!

Ideal lineup for tomorrow if Vieira keeps the WM 3-2-2-3...

-------Taylor--Vila--Mendoza------
----------Poku-------Mix------------
-----------Bravo----Pirlo------------
---Matarrita---Brillant---Mena----
MOTHERFUCKING JOHANSEN
The only things I would do differently is possibly have Mena in the center, but I would definitely spell Villa's name correctly. :)

If PV does use a 3-3-4 as suggested (by EOS), who are the 4? PM in the middle with DV and KS and TT on the wings? RM on the left wing with DV and PM in the middle, with one of KS or TT on the other wing? RM on the left wing with TT or KS moving to the middle with DV, and the other staying on the RW? Poku in the front 4? Mendoza in the front 4 (seems unlikely if the PV quote according to EOS is on point)? If this comes to fruition, it will be very interesting to see who starts up front, and also fun to watch.
You're forgetting FR on the DT and the risk of AW getting the BN RFed before we GU the CL.

Another game live here in the UK.

Looking forward to see how we set up. I can't honestly see many changes from last week if any. I keep banging on about continuity, but that is what every team needs in the early part of the season whilst players are getting match fit.

The good thing is that we are looking good at the front.

That's not the issue. The issue is the early season games will do (really) bad TV numbers, which is bad for the league as a whole.
Ummm....yea that was not my point. Yes the MLS tv ratings are not that great and it doesn't help that the NCAA Tourney takes up most of the eyeballs. As I said, it is a matter of opinion/taste. To me I couldn't care less about NCAA, NBA, NHL, and MLB, so for me personally the MLS season starts at a perfect time.

This issue about ratings will not go away for another few more years until more markets come into the league, therefore having more fans be interested in MLS games on a national tv scale. Even then it won't really reach the 350-400k. However the good news is that TV ratings will not really matter as much as they do now, in the future. The traditional sense of sports entertainment consumption will be way different in 5-10 years. TV numbers will only be a part of the total pie chart of the market. In this sense MLS is in good position. A lot of our fans watch our games on MLS Live, ESPNwatch, etc and other internet media. This will only increase.

I just had a conversation with my wife 30 minutes ago letting her know that we will be cutting the cord once our verizon fios contract is up. We don't watch tv anymore, the kids don't watch tv anymore. Our entertainment comes from our MacBooks, iPads, iPhones etc...and I am part of a bigger group that is experiencing the same thing. We will have our internet, our cell phones for making calls, and our Netflix, Hulu for tv shows, redbox for movies etc....

Yes to your point the tv ratings are not great at this time of the year but guess what they won't be great during other times of the year either. Lucky for us the young demographics that care about MLS, don't watch tv that much. This is why MLS/USMNT is a valuable product. The key demo is in our favor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene
One thing to keep in mind about tonights game vs Orlando, is that Orlando is used to having played games on Friday nights. This will be their second Friday night game in a row, and they had a few last year. Us, not so much. I hope we are prepared.

Has anyone tried using a VPN to watch Unimas matches through MLSlive this year? I know last season a canadian or Mexican VPN would work, hopefully it works tonight.

Last night I found out I could not make it tonight so I put my tickets up on Ticket Exchange, they sold in 47 minutes! At midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.