Home - September 25 - Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys! The suggestions are much appreciated. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Are you sitting in the visiting supporter section with the Atlanta contingent? Or elsewhere f in the stadium? If the latter, that would dictate your entry time (depending on how many Atlanta fans come up for the match and the security protocol for the day). Definitely reach out to the Third Rail on Twitter if you'd like to meet up with some friendly NYCFC supporters. I'd also recommend reaching out to the Atlanta supporter groups to see if they have plans for the match if you'd like to tag along with them.

Hey guys, Atlanta fan here (originally from NJ) who'll be making the trip up for the game. First time at the new Yankee Stadium so was wondering if you guys have any recommendations pregame? I'm assuming the tailgating is right near the stadium? Thanks for any info and hopefully we get a fun game. -Brian
I agree with those regarding pre-game activities. Sadly, there is not a lot of tailgating near the stadium. Most fans will be taking the train, and those who drive tend to end up in parking garages, which aren't really conducive. If you are coming with a group and want to tailgate with them, there are some lots closer to the river that work, and we can hook you up with a recommendation.

Otherwise, the bars people have mentioned are good choices: Stans, Yankee Tavern, Billy's; Bronx Draft House is good too. They are pretty spartan, but will have a good atmosphere.

Hard to know what the crowds will be like. Last game of the season against a great opponent should draw a lot of people, but the Wed night games are always 20-30% down from usual, so who knows.

Are you sitting in the visiting supporter section with the Atlanta contingent? Or elsewhere f in the stadium? If the latter, that would dictate your entry time (depending on how many Atlanta fans come up for the match and the security protocol for the day). Definitely reach out to the Third Rail on Twitter if you'd like to meet up with some friendly NYCFC supporters. I'd also recommend reaching out to the Atlanta supporter groups to see if they have plans for the match if you'd like to tag along with them.
I appreciate the tips and will definitely look into the Third Rail idea. We're sitting in 130, as I was reading a lot about the sightlines being less than ideal from certain other areas. Thank you guys again though for the info.

As for the Josef Martinez injury, I wish those of you who were saying he'd play would be correct, but I can't imagine they'd take the risk to rush him back and potentially suffer another injury prior to the playoffs. Should be interesting to see if our attack is good enough against you all without him and Barco.

Wow. I still don't see how they could have know without a full exam (which is what they said) but it is what it is (pending what actually happens).
I'll give martinez his due, he's a beast. Lots of people like to hate on him but he shows up, plays, carries the team, and loves his city. More than FdB, barco or Pity, he's the reason the team has succeeded without Almiron or Tata this year.

Finally, what kind of knee (or knee area) injury causes pain and swelling, puts you on crutches, does not involve a tendon, and potentially lets you play again within a week. A severe muscle bruise?

i've had a knee injury that was simply bone swelling and raised knee cap. no ligaments or tendons involved. but it made for bending my knee or supporting any real weight very difficult. had a lot of fluid buildup as well. i couldn't play for a few months but I also wasn't being treated and rehabbed by professional trainers either.

I appreciate the tips and will definitely look into the Third Rail idea. We're sitting in 130, as I was reading a lot about the sightlines being less than ideal from certain other areas. Thank you guys again though for the info.

As for the Josef Martinez injury, I wish those of you who were saying he'd play would be correct, but I can't imagine they'd take the risk to rush him back and potentially suffer another injury prior to the playoffs. Should be interesting to see if our attack is good enough against you all without him and Barco.

Section 130 should be fine. Nothing is great, so it comes down to personal choice. You will be a little low, but close to the action. Plus, there is a lot of atmosphere at that end of the stadium.

It's too bad about the Martinez injury, but if he is back for the playoffs, Atlanta will be fine.

If it is any consolation, NYC will be without 3-4 starters too. James Sands is still out with a broken collarbone. Our RB, Tinnerholm (you can call him the Swedish Julian Gressel) went out of the last game with a suspected concussion. Keaton Parks also left the last game with a knock. Finally, our striker, Heber, is working back from injury and may be available off the bench on Wednesday. Luckily for us, all should be back for the playoffs, so hopefully we (and you) stay healthy from here.

ETA: You can check out our "View from your seat" section in these forums to see what you might be getting.

i've had a knee injury that was simply bone swelling and raised knee cap. no ligaments or tendons involved. but it made for bending my knee or supporting any real weight very difficult. had a lot of fluid buildup as well. i couldn't play for a few months but I also wasn't being treated and rehabbed by professional trainers either.
If there’s no ligament damage and just swelling/fluid, I fully expect he’ll go the (multiple) cortisone shot route to play and deal with the long-term degenerative results down the road.

Remember years ago when Isaiah Thomas had the knee issue in the playoffs and he did the shots and combo’d with the stim needle jammed in the knee turned up to 10 (which is insane as no normal person can handle the electrical current that high in a sensitive nerve area)..... and he played multiple games in the playoffs like that before finally succumbing to it.

If there’s no ligament damage and just swelling/fluid, I fully expect he’ll go the (multiple) cortisone shot route to play and deal with the long-term degenerative results down the road.

Remember years ago when Isaiah Thomas had the knee issue in the playoffs and he did the shots and combo’d with the stim needle jammed in the knee turned up to 10 (which is insane as no normal person can handle the electrical current that high in a sensitive nerve area)..... and he played multiple games in the playoffs like that before finally succumbing to it.

for sure, if they drain the fluid and give him some shots, his knee will feel great and could definitely play the game without much pain. but he definitely risks damaging it even more during the game, which could put him out of the playoffs. especially when you aren't feeling pain, when you should feel pain. it's a recipe for a lot more damage.

if it's not so serious, i'm sure ATL would rather he sit out the game on wed so he's 100% for the playoffs. Plus, apparently it's his knee AND his ankle. Not sure what's goin on with the ankle though.

as for Anton - says he's feeling better. but i still assume he'll still sit out on wednesday

Last edited:
Hey guys, Atlanta fan here (originally from NJ) who'll be making the trip up for the game. First time at the new Yankee Stadium so was wondering if you guys have any recommendations pregame? I'm assuming the tailgating is right near the stadium? Thanks for any info and hopefully we get a fun game. -Brian

Great. Another lawyer on the forums.

Sounds like Atlanta will be without Barco, as well.

yea reports have been saying no josef and no barco. but barco was training with the team, so it's entirely possible he might suit up but be on the bench.

will still be a difficult game but without josef and barco, ATL's attacking threat decreases dramatically. pity is inconsistent, meram can be controlled, and gressel is Robin without his Batman. Hyndman has been stepping it up lately, so who knows what he can do. My biggest concerns are controlling the midfield. If Nagbe/Remedi get on some kind of roll, they will control the midfield and we'll be in trouble. We need to take control and keep control. Definitely not get stretched and do another dallas performance.

Depends who we're gonna see on the field tomorrow but I trust in Dome to put out the right formation for the job.

toss up game with injuries and not sure how fit heber really is and no sure how long maxi goes for.

yea reports have been saying no josef and no barco. but barco was training with the team, so it's entirely possible he might suit up but be on the bench.

will still be a difficult game but without josef and barco, ATL's attacking threat decreases dramatically. pity is inconsistent, meram can be controlled, and gressel is Robin without his Batman. Hyndman has been stepping it up lately, so who knows what he can do. My biggest concerns are controlling the midfield. If Nagbe/Remedi get on some kind of roll, they will control the midfield and we'll be in trouble. We need to take control and keep control. Definitely not get stretched and do another dallas performance.

Depends who we're gonna see on the field tomorrow but I trust in Dome to put out the right formation for the job.
If they need another DP to step on the field, we can loan them Medina for the match.

It's not on PRO's website yet. But the match preview on MLSsoccer.com:

REF: Allen Chapman
AR1: Adam Wienchowski
AR2: Brian Dunn
4TH: Pierre-Luc Lauziere
VAR: Robert Sibiga

It's not on PRO's website yet. But the match preview on MLSsoccer.com:

REF: Allen Chapman
AR1: Adam Wienchowski
AR2: Brian Dunn
4th: Pierre-Luc Lauziere
VAR: Robert Sibiga

oh boy Chapman
(And yes I know he has been decent in NYCFC games this year).
I’m waiting for Alan Kelly to get our first playoff game.

oh boy Chapman
(And yes I know he has been decent in NYCFC games this year).
I’m waiting for Alan Kelly to get our first playoff game.

i don't mind chapman so much. i think he calls a decent game most of the time. also sibiga as the VAR isn't so bad. two refs that i generally don't hate on every time they step on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back