Home - Toronto 03/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current long range weather forecast for March 13th is HI 55 / LO 42 with showers. I'll gladly take that!
I will one up you:

Sun, Mar 13
mostly_sunny.gif

More sun than clouds. Cool. 59°F

Weak list. what does this have to do with this home opener:
"6. At the Historic Home Opener in 2015, both David Villa and Patrick Mullins scored to lead New York City FC to their first MLS victory. "

Also, this made me gag:
"2. The last time New York City FC played Toronto at home, Frank Lampard scored his first MLS goal. "
ugly goal. i only wish mullins could have touched it.

It is now less than 14 days until this game, and the tickets are active on the Account Manager for STHs. You can do all the usual stuff, print, transfer, sell.
On the other hand, I do not seem to be able to do anything with my Parking Pass yet. I don't even seem to have the option to print it out. I was previously told it would come online the same time as the regular tickets, at the 14-day mark. I'll wait another day or two before inquiring.

Reactions: Goodfella
If it was anything like this past Sunday, I'll be really happy. I see the end of next week being in the mid-high-60s which is incredible. We're really lucking out it seems like. Of course, the game on the 18th could very well be in the 20s, so who knows.

If they're not holding back any more sections and have released all available seats in the lower bowl, there's roughly 1,400-1,500 tickets left.

Now of course one of the world's greatest secrets is how many seats are sold in the lower tier for NYCFC matches? FWIW, Google has it listed as 33,444.

If they're not holding back any more sections and have released all available seats in the lower bowl, there's roughly 1,400-1,500 tickets left.

Now of course one of the world's greatest secrets is how many seats are sold in the lower tier for NYCFC matches? FWIW, Google has it listed as 33,444.
Props to you, and those like you, that take the time to count each of those little boxes/seats on the ticketmaster site. I'm sure there are plenty of expletives when a family member interrupts you to ask a question and you lose count and your place on the map.

I am sure it is less than that. Last year, we sold out the lower bowl, including the seats behind home plate, for the Columbus game, and the attendance barely broke 30,000. Maybe we have a few more seats this year between Batter's Eye and On The Pitch, but I doubt it's that much.

someone doing a "predict the attendance" thread this year ?

I did it last year, but am focusing on a "pick the game score" this year. Feel free to take it up, and glad you liked it.

Reactions: Gene
Props to you, and those like you, that take the time to count each of those little boxes/seats on the ticketmaster site. I'm sure there are plenty of expletives when a family member interrupts you to ask a question and you lose count and your place on the map.
Trust me bro, there's not much effort going into this at all. ;)

I start by the left field foul pole and work my way around. As a matter of fact, by the time I finished counting section 207 I was so crossed eyed I never counted the last 3 sections in the right field bleachers. I was around 1,200, so I looked at the last 3 sections and said "Yeah, there's about 200-300 left.". :D

Reactions: Goodfella
The new NYCFC Facebook cover photo. I'm betting two of these players don't make it to the field.

12814360_558493070990820_1579658003936004661_n.png

Reactions: mgarbowski
This game is looking a lot harder after Toronto pasted New Jersey yesterday. I didn't really catch much of the game, but judging from the stats and highlights, it seems that NJRB held possession but created few good chances (or didn't finish), while Toronto created great chances off the counter and finally put two goals in. Just the scenario that has given us trouble in the past (including the recent past).

This game is looking a lot harder after Toronto pasted New Jersey yesterday. I didn't really catch much of the game, but judging from the stats and highlights, it seems that NJRB held possession but created few good chances (or didn't finish), while Toronto created great chances off the counter and finally put two goals in. Just the scenario that has given us trouble in the past (including the recent past).
I only watched the first 25 minutes then bits and pieces, but I agree. On the upside, if we do beat TFC we've a decent shot at being top of the table at the end of week 2. And while I realize, yes it's Week 2, that would be cool.

Gio looked ridiculous. The one highlight where he flicks the ball over one defender, then megs another, then launches a half-pitch shot attempt that Robles has to save was ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.