IFAB Proposed Rule Changes includes a 60 Minute Clock

Exactly.

Wait, so we're only supposed to rep a post if we agree with it? I guess I sometimes do that, but I also rep for good points I don't agree with, funny comments, good links, and just because I have clumsy fingers.
Didn't say that. My point was that I won't feign agreement and straddle the fence in ambiguity. But, like you said, I do think it's important to acknowledge good points that I don't agree with, and I try to do that too, but usually it's included in my next body of text and not with the like button so I can extrapolate on it.

build a wall and play off the wall
Haha can you imagine full-field indoor?!? You'd have wingers passing the ball off of the wall to beat 1-v-1 situations. Minimum 2 cardiac arrests per game with the speed of play and summer heat in the US.

Reactions: Mario
Didn't say that. My point was that I won't feign agreement and straddle the fence in ambiguity. But, like you said, I do think it's important to acknowledge good points that I don't agree with, and I try to do that too, but usually it's included in my next body of text and not with the like button so I can extrapolate on it.
Btw, the two posts you just replied to me with in this thread aren't perfect examples, but they are pretty good demonstrations of the "agree, but you'll have to work to figure that out" posting style that even got us on this.

At this point, this shit has taken a turn towards levity when all I was up to was da bantz.

Btw, the two posts you just replied to me with in this thread aren't perfect examples, but they are pretty good demonstrations of the "agree, but you'll have to work to figure that out" posting style that even got us on this.

At this point, this shit has taken a turn towards levity when all I was up to was da bantz.

Leave Ulrich alone

Leave Ulrich alone
giphy.gif

Reactions: Paul and SoupInNYC

Haha, so you're blaming me for not giving you a perfect example to make your point :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I'll just go back to my dog and brandy....

mandogpipechair.png

i have a better idea, the Ref throws up 9 minutes of stoppage time. Teams will stop wasting time.
I like that!

I also want a yellow every time a defender obstructs the restart of a free kick. No exceptions. The rule is there for the Refs to enforce but they don't have the chutzpah to do it.

I like that!

I also want a yellow every time a defender obstructs the restart of a free kick. No exceptions. The rule is there for the Refs to enforce but they don't have the chutzpah to do it.

it depends what you mean by obstructs....if he is preventing the ball from being kicked then yes but if he just is in front of the ball and ball is kicked towards him then there is no yellow.

it depends what you mean by obstructs....if he is preventing the ball from being kicked then yes but if he just is in front of the ball and ball is kicked towards him then there is no yellow.
He can't simply stand in front of the ball - he has to be back 10yrds. If he's not moving towards the 10, then he's inherently obstructing.

He can't simply stand in front of the ball - he has to be back 10yrds. If he's not moving towards the 10, then he's inherently obstructing.

if the player wants the space and requesting then there has to be space. if you are trying to do quick restart ( without requesting it ) and the player is less than 10 yards and it happens to hit him then play is live as long as you are not going towards it, thats the risk of trying to take a quick kick. Of course exception is if ref tells player to wait till whistle to set up 10 yards.

in MLS for most part no one really goes for quick restart i know at least we dont do it. everyone assumes to do the 10 yards but you can try to be slick and do quick restart.

i think real madrid had a case like this recently where their opponent was expecting 10 yards then didnt happen and got scored on. then i also seen in liga mx a team quick restarting the opposing player was like a couple of feet away the ball was shot at him but ref said play on as you quick started and opposing player was not going towards ball.

We play on until the time wasters lose, obviously.

(But seriously, I mean, I guess it's over when the added time is over.)

there is no perfect answer....but i do dislike this whole reducing time when i feel same or similar issues will persist somehow.