Jason Kreis

I don't get why Kreis gets so much credit for RSL's success. To me, the GM is the one who assembles the team. I think the person who was GM during that time at RSL is the real genius. A coach can only do so much.

Reyna is still a ? He could be a genius, too early to tell, but I hope he starts pulling in some quality players soon.

This is my first year following MLS, so I'm not familiar on when and where teams can sign players. I assume the upcoming transfer market for the rest of the world is still open to MLS?
Unfortunately, I see a lot of parallels to Joe Torre. Gets credit for managing a team full of very good players, then starts over relying on veterans. I hope when he is up all night thinking about how to make this team better he can come up with a way to transition away from the glory days.

If Poku can't go a full 90, just start him and take him out early in the 2nd half. I have faith that good things will happen if Poku, Mix and Villa play together for at least a half. Let's take over on RB Arena on Sunday!! :)

Reactions: Amon
Unfortunately, I see a lot of parallels to Joe Torre. Gets credit for managing a team full of very good players, then starts over relying on veterans. I hope when he is up all night thinking about how to make this team better he can come up with a way to transition away from the glory days.

Yeah. I'm a Yankee fan and I feel the same way. I could have lead those Yankee teams to WS wins, too. Unfortunately, coaches/managers get too much credit.

I think coaches/managers have their biggest effect away from the field of play: handling personalities and creating a cohesive productive atmosphere. And often this is a function of being the right person at the right place and time to manage a particular set of players.

As much as we all deride ballouchy, he gets subbed off at least. What about grabavoy? He had played every minute of our season! Playing no defense, falling down on every challenge, throwing his hands up constantly, has never threatened on goal... How is he playing every minute of every game? I have a hard time believing that kreis is really staying up nights figuring out ways to improve the team with decisions like this.

As much as we all deride ballouchy, he gets subbed off at least. What about grabavoy? He had played every minute of our season! Playing no defense, falling down on every challenge, throwing his hands up constantly, has never threatened on goal... How is he playing every minute of every game? I have a hard time believing that kreis is really staying up nights figuring out ways to improve the team with decisions like this.

Exactly. And Poku. You've got freakin' Poku. Try him out. He can't be worse than what's starting now.

Reactions: TommyM
Who do you guys think Kreis can play? Velazquez is a disaster. Taylor is out for the year. Villa has been out most of the year. Shelton has proved that he's good for maybe 20 minutes and then can't contribute because he is overeliant on his speed. Poku has shown flashes of creating some chances and then also showed he can't finish them.

This is a roster that very clearly need Frank Lampard as well as improvement. Kreis can only work with what he has, and what he has isn't very good yet.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2015...e-kc-and-wondos-goal-revisited-instant-replay

If you watch the MLS replay video, Grabavoy's "rolling around" looks pretty justified. The play is around 7:10 in the video, and Dempsey pretty clearly stomps on Grabavoy's leg right before the goal.

Listen, I know things happen in the game, but the dude was on the ground for a long time. Dempsey clearly steps on him, but 30 seconds is a bit much when the other team is on a break. When they scored, he was still on the ground. Gotta get back. If he came off the pitch after or seemed to be injured, I'd understand. But let's not pretend like there aren't acting jobs in soccer. He went right over to the ref after. It may have hurt, but when you're marking the best player on the other team, in my opinion you've gotta play through that. Grabavoy went right over to the ref and complained after the goal, barely limped and then was fine a minute later. I watched the whole thing from the second row.

While Kreis has his faults, he is a very good manager. He didn't build RSL by himself but he did surround himself with great talent and he got results, but none of it came immediately. RSL backed into their first playoff run in his 2nd year as coach. They barely got in the next one where they defied the odds and won the Cup.

Give him and the squad time. Better players will emerge and this team will start gelling.

Patience my friends.

I think Grabavoy along with Mix and Villa are our 3 best players when playing together. the rest of the team seems stunned or lost when on the offensive. At least he sees where the play is going. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Gene
I'm sure Kreis knew from the beginning that there were holes in this team. But I'd imagine he probably thought the veterans would have stepped up a lot more than they have. Only Saunders and Hernandez look like they've ever played in MLS before. The rest have been pathetic. Especially those in the midfield.

But regardless what happens this year Kreis should stay at least another season. You are not going to find many coaches better than him in the league. If any.

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
Who do you guys think Kreis can play? Velazquez is a disaster. Taylor is out for the year. Villa has been out most of the year. Shelton has proved that he's good for maybe 20 minutes and then can't contribute because he is overeliant on his speed. Poku has shown flashes of creating some chances and then also showed he can't finish them.

This is a roster that very clearly need Frank Lampard as well as improvement. Kreis can only work with what he has, and what he has isn't very good yet.
How about Tommy McNamara?

Grabavoy ? Are you sure ?

Yes I'm sure when the 3 are together they have a good chemistry. thats how I see it anyway and I don't usually comment on play because of my lack of soccer knowledge.

Yes I'm sure when the 3 are together they have a good chemistry. thats how I see it anyway and I don't usually comment on play because of my lack of soccer knowledge.
Kreis obviously agrees with you, your knowledge is as good as any to comment on whenever you want. What specifically do you see that he does? I don't see it, but I like to look out for things when I hear other opinions

He leads the team in assists. He seems to play up a level when Villa and Mix are in but maybe they just make him look better. I love to play pickup hoops games but am not very good. Sometimes when really good guys are playing the ball will be bounce passed to me or whiz by my head because some good guy passed it to me and I didn't see it coming. He seems to see it coming and knows where the play should be going. He might be one of those guys who picks his game up when playing with the better players out on the field.

Reactions: mgarbowski