JERSEY RELEASE???

The patches. the replicas don't have the MLS patches or the Inaugural season patch. There's probably some more BS differences, but that's basically what people will notice.

Also different is the material, the fit, and the NYCFC logo is applied with heat and not sewn on. Authentic is basically the same exact jersey the players wear. The replica is a cheaper copy.

Reactions: Kjbert
By the way, this is what happens when Adidas tries to mix sky blue and orange. Just released today:

Jeesh, give me our boring kit anyday over that.

I'm sorry, but this is absolutely hideous...

I do REALLY like the subtle pin stripes it has. Wish we had gotten that.

I got my first authentic, Adidas jersey for the Quakes this year. Now I can never go back to replica. It's much better build quality. If you want a long sleeve, it only comes as an authentic. They don't make a replica version.

I'm sorry, but this is absolutely hideous...

I do REALLY like the subtle pin stripes it has. Wish we had gotten that.

I got my first authentic, Adidas jersey for the Quakes this year. Now I can never go back to replica. It's much better build quality. If you want a long sleeve, it only comes as an authentic. They don't make a replica version.
Wheres the pinstripe example? I haven't seen it in awhile.

Looks like the Authentic jersey is already sold out in NYCFC.com.

What does that even mean?

I think he is saying you don't have to buy or wear the jersey to be a supporter. But I'm not sure that really addresses the issue being raised by some people.

I honestly didn't think they would sell out on the first run. I wonder what order numbers are like. Glad for the team and I'll be even more happy when mine comes in the mail.

Guess the response to it has been universally positive if it sold out.

youkeepusingthatword.jpg

To those who think the new jersey alienates people, let me ask:

• Which Premier League teams apart from ManU actually even have such a strong rivalry, that our affiliation with ManC would create a bile taste in their mouth.
  • New Yorker soccer fans follow all sorts of teams from numerous leagues. How high do you think is the percentage of NYCFC supporters that are supporters of ManU?

Reactions: juventuz and Kjbert
Not surprised its selling out, gotta remember a lot of the backlash is on the internet. The team shop ships internationally right? There's hype for NYCFC in Manchester and in other parts of the world

Reactions: Section1Guy
Both of those questions are missing the point entirely.

Sorry if I wasn't "on point", and if you see my post history you'll see that I have always advocating the need the establish our own differentiated identity, not call ourselves "City" etc. But what I am trying to point out is simply that you don't have to be a ManC supporter to like the new jersey. Our own identity is something that will come over time and that we fans have to help create. Start by never calling them "City".

Not surprised its selling out, gotta remember a lot of the backlash is on the internet. The team shop ships internationally right? There's hype for NYCFC in Manchester and in other parts of the world
I'll counter your assumption with my assumption that the vast majority will be shipped to local fans. ManC fans still have their own shirts to buy.

But what I am trying to point out is simply that you don't have to be a ManC supporter to like the new jersey.

And that has nothing to do with my reasons for disliking it. It did seem to turn out that the biggest boosters for the new kit are MCFC supporters though.

Reactions: MyBoyVilla