JERSEY RELEASE???

I posted this in another thread, but figured it makes sense here as well.

Just got a call from NYCFC about my season tickets, and the account executive mentioned that the main hold-up for the jersey reveal is the sponsor. They're still working through that.
oh that is interesting, thanks for the info. I assumed they had to wait until the MLS jersey week and reveal when everyone else does before the start of the season, that is good news though

oh that is interesting, thanks for the info. I assumed they had to wait until the MLS jersey week and reveal when everyone else does before the start of the season, that is good news though

He did mention that the fall is the best bet on when they'll be released.

Nissan own 80% of our new Japanese sister club ...Yokahoma (City?) . Maybe part of the motivation was to get major exposure at the other CFG clubs?

Maybe Nissan sponsor the jersey for relatively cheap first year and once the demand grows a new sponsorship deal is sought when a better deal can be won?

Maybe?

Nissan own 80% of our new Japanese sister club ...Yokahoma (City?) . Maybe part of the motivation was to get major exposure at the other CFG clubs?

Maybe Nissan sponsor the jersey for relatively cheap first year and once the demand grows a new sponsorship deal is sought when a better deal can be won?

Maybe?

I think most of the reason was for them to be able to use the City branding on their adverts and also to be able to sponsor stuff like the "Nissan under-18s 7-a-side South America Cup" (I just made that up, but you get my picture) which they would never have had the ability to do before, and be able to pass off responsibility for actually running the tournament to people from the CFG. My money is still on an Etihad sponsorship.

But...maybe. It's certainly not out of the question.

croft.jpg

Reactions: BlueWarrior
I think we could narrow the sponsors down to real possibility. Most likely it will be a sponsor of City, the Yankees, or a corporate brand with a deep connection to NYC:

Man City Connection:
Eithad
EA Sports
LG

Yankees Connection:
Delta
AT&T
Pepsi
Canon
MasterCard
Bank of America
W.B. Mason
Ford

New York City Connection:
Verizon
Chase
MetLife
American Express
AXA
Hearst
JetBlue
Sony
Time Warner

I think we could narrow the sponsors down to real possibility. Most likely it will be a sponsor of City, the Yankees, or a corporate brand with a deep connection to NYC:

Man City Connection:
Eithad
EA Sports
LG

Yankees Connection:
Delta
AT&T
Pepsi
Canon
MasterCard
Bank of America
W.B. Mason
Ford

Verizon
Chase
MetLife
American Express
AXA
Hearst
JetBlue
Sony
Time Warner
MCFC also have have sponsorships with:

Aabar
(Visit) Abu Dhabi
BT Sport
Etisalat
Hays
Paddy Power
Richard Mille
Harvey Nichols
Forex
Heineken
Hugo Boss
2Stick
Jaguar
TRX

(almost) any of which could be the shirt sponsor

Once again don't forget the Abu Dhabi connection. It would make perfect sense to choose a company that was in Etihad's position prior to gaining profitable status.

Would rule out Richard Mille, Paddy Power (just the betting partner of MCFC nothing more), Hays, 2stic (sorry but that's absolutely laughable to suggest) and Harvey Nichols. Nothing against any of those companies by any means (including 2stic) but they will never be anything more than partner level. They certainly wouldn't come close to consideration on a NYCFC shirt never mind MCFC.

Once again don't forget the Abu Dhabi connection. It would make perfect sense to choose a company that was in Etihad's position prior to gaining profitable status.

Would rule out Richard Mille, Paddy Power (just the betting partner of MCFC nothing more), Hays, 2stic (sorry but that's absolutely laughable to suggest) and Harvey Nichols. Nothing against any of those companies by any means (including 2stic) but they will never be anything more than partner level. They certainly wouldn't come close to consideration on a NYCFC shirt never mind MCFC.
Exactly, plus they would have to have a high profile in the States to even be considered. I could only imagine a big corporation as the jersey sponsor

Well the one exception to that is if the sponsor is Abu Dhabi based. With unlimited funding (like Etihad had to sustain years of strategic losses) it would be a risk free approach. It may well be Etihad but I'm sure there's other companies in AD that are in the position Etihad was in a few years ago.

It is a bit surprising that some minor partners (at the level of the types listed above) haven't been announced yet. Wouldn't bother clicking the link below (bit pointless to post it unless someone wants to send queries) there's nothing there except NYCFC executive contacts.

http://www.nycfc.com/partnerships

Minor isn't meant to be disparaging but in the case of "Richard Mille" for example its a company that designs overly expensive watches so very much restricted to one niche market. Its not going to be a major corporate player even if it is a leader in the watch design field.

Last edited:

Man City Connection:
Eithad
EA Sports
LG

Yankees Connection:
Delta
AT&T
Pepsi
Canon
MasterCard
Bank of America
W.B. Mason
Ford

Verizon
Chase
MetLife
American Express
AXA
Hearst
JetBlue
Sony
Time Warner
For the love of god I hope not Pepsi or Mastercard, both logos would look hideous on any concept designs so far