Jon Lewis US U-20 thread

I'm gonna be pissed if Tab takes the foot off the gas. Lewis for DLT is the perfect sub right now.
Lewis would be beating that defender out wide. The thinking must be that Lewis isn't as effective at pressing or something.

Nah. Actually, it's just that Tab is big on playing favorites. DLT is one of "his".

Reactions: Kjbert and dannd23
This ref needs to get control or someone is going to end up punched in the face. Or with a broken leg.

Reactions: Kjbert
Lewis faster with the ball than guys are without the ball

Should have chipped the keeper there on the breakaway. Poor resukt
No shit. It was so wide open. So annoying to not put that away. You couldn't have gotten a tenpenny nail up his ass with a sledgehammer. He was tight-t-t-t.

Huge win. Now picture this squad with Pulisic, Zelalem, CCV, Joshua Perez, and Haji Wright. That right there is a very strong squad. Maybe Andrew Carlton will play up a level too depending how he does with Atlanta. I doubt Pulisic will play in the U20 WC bc of the Gold Cup, but TBH, I'd prefer him captain the U20s and get us a damn trophy.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Huge win. Now picture this squad with Pulisic, Zelalem, CCV, Joshua Perez, and Haji Wright. That right there is a very strong squad. Maybe Andrew Carlton will play up a level too depending how he does with Atlanta. I doubt Pulisic will play in the U20 WC bc of the Gold Cup, but TBH, I'd prefer him captain the U20s and get us a damn trophy.

Question for you - I assume we are missing a bunch of folks in that age group because this isn't a FIFA window.

Would guys like Zelalem, CCV, Perez and Wright play in the U-20 World Cup? They're not going to be on the senior roster right now.

EDIT: Falastur can speak about this better than I can but I've read that some English folks want to see their U-23 stars play in the U-23 Euros this summer. Guys like Ross Barkley who are fringe senior team members.

Reactions: adam
Finally got to watch the 2nd half. Thanks for no spoilers here. Though if there were, I deserved them. It's the JLew thread!

Agree with you all on the breakaway. But with his speed he'll be in that position many times more. He'll develope his finish. I hope he gets some extra time with Villa for some pointers. One kid to the other.

Question for you - I assume we are missing a bunch of folks in that age group because this isn't a FIFA window.

Would guys like Zelalem, CCV, Perez and Wright play in the U-20 World Cup? They're not going to be on the senior roster right now.

It is a mixed bag depending on if the club would release the player as they don't have to. I am sure players that are first teamers like Zelalem and CCV were not permitted to leave while players like Wright and Perez on the verge of first team breakthroughs so Shalke and Fiorentina are protecting their investments.