Kits: Jerseys And Shorts

Last edited:
Reactions: Drainyoo and Paul
Haha so it seems that there are no specific rules. Teams can wear what they want as long as there's enough contrast with the opposing team.

Written by a fan of other American sports with a limited understanding of soccer.

Edit: Finished the article and its not that bad, but seriously complaining about the jerseys being called "primary" and "secondary" rather than "home" and "away" is a bit asinine.

Setting aside the primary/secondary vs. home/away discussion, I posted it more for @Drainyoo's point that there does not seem to be a specific rule and it was the only material I could really find in about 10 minutes of googling. As compared to the Premier League, which almost immediately yielded applicable rules in the 2014-15 handbook (warning, that's a 560p PDF) and analysis by others (discussing 2008-09 handbook, but a quick glance suggests the kit rules are more or less the same to date).

Manchester City seem to do all blue a lot in recent seasons. I don't overly care for it I think the Sky Blue shirts and white shorts looks better.

I actually liked the MCFC jerseys this past weekend. Not really the color design or the florescent yellow stripe, but the dark blue collar, dark buttons -- the basic design of the shirt. I'd love to see us get something similar, of course, in the blue and white.

does anybody know where WE can get the white shorts? seems like they're to busy selling jerseys but not the shorts to go with it

does anybody know where WE can get the white shorts? seems like they're to busy selling jerseys but not the shorts to go with it

Looks like someone is trying to go full kit wanker. They do sell them at the Yankee Stadium team stores, you just have to look for them. Also check out some non-MLS, NYCFC shops online.

http://www.worldsoccershop.com/71590.html

Looks like someone is trying to go full kit wanker. They do sell them at the Yankee Stadium team stores, you just have to look for them. Also check out some non-MLS, NYCFC shops online.
haha i'm not gonna wear the full kit to the games. just want to wear the shorts when i'm out and about.