L A F C Crest Leak & Announcement

Looks like the UPS logo
But "modern Hollywood" has very little in the way of an identifiable aesthetic.

Art Deco is present all over LA, by the way; not just in Hollywood. I think it's a good use of the style.

I agree it is a nice logo. Maybe I should have said I was surprised that they used an art deco layout and not that I found it strange. Much nicer than I would have expected from LA.
And when I say Hollywood I mean LA. It is all the same place to me.

That merchandise is sweet! Hope the jerseys are as good looking as the merchandise. I'd buy that hat and Golazo shirt if I lived in LA
Totally agree. I've been wanting an NYCFC baseball jacket like that since the beginning.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I fully expect them to be straight up Real Madrid rip-offs.

I think they away or third uniform will be pink, too.

I quite like the logo and the colours and how it connects with the city.

Question becomes what will their nickname be ? Can't use the angels or could they ?

as for the shirts id imagine something similar to what the new orleans saints use

thumb.aspx

thumb.aspx

I also have a "meh" reaction, which is a bit odd because I love art Deco and 1920s and 1930s iconography. I also love clean uncluttered looks, which this is. So I can't figure out why it leaves me flat. Perhaps the gold/black combo, and the particular shade of gold. In truth I have nothing bad to say about it; it just doesn't do it. But what counts is how LA reacts.

I'm kind of getting into art deco myself (in a very small way) but I share your lack of enthusiasm. I think the reason for me is simply because I don't think sports teams suit art deco. They are just not in any way a natural fit.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I'm kind of getting into art deco myself (in a very small way) but I share your lack of enthusiasm. I think the reason for me is simply because I don't think sports teams suit art deco. They are just not in any way a natural fit.

I think it depends on the context of the surrounding culture. I know not everyone's a Third Rail member (or fan) here, but I'd challenge anyone to say that Wolff's callback to New York's art deco high period through the logo wasn't an inspired design at least.

I think it depends on the context of the surrounding culture. I know not everyone's a Third Rail member (or fan) here, but I'd challenge anyone to say that Wolff's callback to New York's art deco high period through the logo wasn't an inspired design at least.

The only real art deco part of the badge is the 'NYC' logo - which, incidentally, is the part which I least like about the badge. It's a sharp design all in all, though.

I saw Dorados of the Mexican League play tonight. They have gold and black kits and it didn't look too bad.

CH-501804-9501V1.jpg

dorados-sinaloa-local-2016.jpg

Unfortunately not every team across the globe is sponsored by ethiad or emirates or some other company who can afford to pay their operating costs or some ungodly amount of money for a spot on the kit.
There's a tasteful way to display multiple sponsors so that the jersey doesn't look like a Nascar frame from the 80's, and then there's the south/central American football club way of doing it which does not include having a graphic designer on staff.

Reactions: Gavin23
Done right, I can almost prefer having multiple sponsors as it diminishes the illusion that the main sponsor is the team name. On the standard design, you have this tiny, illegible badge up in a corner and some sponsor front, large, and center. So it looks like Team Etihad, or the Bimbo Squad. Making it all a bit more busy, again if done well, can lessen that effect as it becomes just the biggest among a bunch of sponsors.

There's a tasteful way to display multiple sponsors so that the jersey doesn't look like a Nascar frame from the 80's, and then there's the south/central American football club way of doing it which does not include having a graphic designer on staff.
The majority of central and South American teams can barely afford their own operating costs. I think that it's the fault of the kit brand for pushing out cruddy jerseys. If they cared I'm sure they could find a way to add those sponsors on in a presentable manner.

Reactions: mgarbowski
The majority of central and South American teams can barely afford their own operating costs. I think that it's the fault of the kit brand for pushing out cruddy jerseys. If they cared I'm sure they could find a way to add those sponsors on in a presentable manner.
Those teams barely being able to afford their operating costs doesn't sway me - for them (or any team) the key is marketing, and if you have an unattractive product, then that's on them for whatever the reason.