Lampard Debut This Saturday (i Know...)

Tiger Jones

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 29, 2014
I know most everyone is sick to death of this (I know I am). BUT, while watching the yanks tonight there was an ad claiming that this Saturday's match would be Lampard's debut. Just letting ya'll know regardless of where your opinion might fall on the matter.

Been following him for years and the guy is one of the most knowledgeable mids around. His awareness and positioning is bar none. Will make a meal out of the opposition.
Maybe he will and maybe he won't, but whatever he does there's no way his making an appearance Saturday afternoon comes close to topping what happened yesterday.

The stadium was electrified and it started when Pirlo came out for pre game warm ups and it continued to build throughout the afternoon. The buzz never stopped. It intensified when Pirlo came out halfway through the halftime break to warm up and the building exploded when he entered the game.

I'm not being anti-Lampard at all. Just saying he isn't electrifying Yankee Stadium should he play Saturday the way Pirlo did yesterday afternoon; thus the anti-climatic remark.

I agree to an extent. There are still plenty of people who have been dying to see him and don't care how long it's taken. Bottom line, at this point, is he should make us better so I welcome his eventual arrival. Sad as it is that it's taken this long.

Team above every individual.

He's still in ads on tv for the MLS All Star Game. My thoughts on Lampard debut are this: Lampard is like schrodinger's car. If we find out he isn't playing, he isn't playing. If we find out he is playing. There's still a chance he won't play, so fuck everything.

Didn't they run the same ad last week? Well not exactly the same, but they mentioned Villa, Lampard, and Pirlo.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm not being anti-Lampard at all. Just saying he isn't electrifying Yankee Stadium should he play Saturday the way Pirlo did yesterday afternoon; thus the anti-climatic remark.
Agree. I think Lampard could only create buzz through his play where the stadium was buzzing for Pirlo from before kickoff (actually since May).

Only way Lampard comes close to the same buzz is if he scores a hat trick. And even then ...

Either way, hoping he plays and hoping he adds to the team.

I hope he does, kun kun. He better make plays that seal wins and push into the playoffs. He will never be one of us as far as I'm concerned but he can certainly offer a sincere apology by helping to make the playoffs a reality.

I think that Lampard will definitely start this week. I am actually really excited about it too. I think he will add a lot to the team. Whatever happened happened the fact is we're fighting for our playoff lives and he will help.

Last edited:
I can't wait. No one is going to be thinking about MCFC or the calf injury if he slots one home in the 89th minute to win the game for us. They'll cheer and then feel dirty when they get home, but they'll be happier that we won than miffed that Frank scored.

Reactions: SoupInNYC