Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JCMore

Vamos Celestes
Elite Donor
Dec 4, 2015
Brooklyn, NY
I don't want to start a new specific "Lampard Vent Thread," but I was curious after reading some of the threads about WHY we/some of us hate Lampard. Is the hate mostly due to late arrival and major hype due to MCFC and injury? Or is it mostly due to the inability to play well and is only going to hamper the team going forward? I've heard people discuss both but not as the main point of their posts. I wanted to see where people stand.

Please discuss nicely. I don't want to ruin friendships of this thread

Can't see it being anything beyond the no-show personally. There was mild disgruntlement before he stayed in Manchester about his potential lack of use to the team. It blew up out of all proportion when he failed to turn up in NYC.

I don't hate the man at all. But I still want him off the team in the worst way.

We're well into our second season where we're hamstrung by the lack of a Designated Player. Whether or not it's bad luck, his fault, not his fault or any other reason under the sun, it doesn't change the fact the team is playing (once again) with one hand (foot?) tied behind their backs because of his situation.

Yeah, I realize this isn't MLS Fantasy Soccer, but imagine who we could have on the roster right now for the $6 mil he isn't earning.

I don't hate Lampard as a person or player. I hate the situation about him. Late arrival, continuous injuries, doing the Euro commentary, not performing up to par.

I don't hate the man at all. But I still want him off the team in the worst way.

We're well into our second season where we're hamstrung by the lack of a Designated Player. Whether or not it's bad luck, his fault, not his fault or any other reason under the sun, it doesn't change the fact the team is playing (once again) with one hand (foot?) tied behind their backs because of his situation.

Yeah, I realize this isn't MLS Fantasy Soccer, but imagine who we could have on the roster right now for the $6 mil he isn't earning.

This, 100%. No hate for the man himself whatsoever. I think he could have handled the situation a little better, but maybe he has a shitty publicist who told him to stay quiet the whole time. I honestly don't even want to say that I want him off the team. If he's fit and he can play, then I want him play better than he's ever played in his career. I want him to play well. But I'm a realist, and not every relationship can be salvaged. It might be better for everyone in the long run if we break up now.

I would have preferred it if the DP slot he currently occupies had been put to better use with someone who was ready and able to play for us and bring value to our team's gameplay. However, if he is able to come back and actually positively affect our play then yea, great.

This, 100%. No hate for the man himself whatsoever. I think he could have handled the situation a little better, but maybe he has a shitty publicist who told him to stay quiet the whole time. I honestly don't even want to say that I want him off the team. If he's fit and he can play, then I want him play better than he's ever played in his career. I want him to play well. But I'm a realist, and not every relationship can be salvaged. It might be better for everyone in the long run if we break up now.

I would have preferred it if the DP slot he currently occupies had been put to better use with someone who was ready and able to play for us and bring value to our team's gameplay. However, if he is able to come back and actually positively affect our play then yea, great.

You know, until this weekend I didn't really have any personal animosity towards Frank. As people pointed out in the postgame, however, his comments seem to suggest that he lacks the inclination or ability to reflect on why it is that some of us might be upset about the way his situation has been handled. This Guardian blurb hits it pretty well on.

You know, until this weekend I didn't really have any personal animosity towards Frank. As people pointed out in the postgame, however, his comments seem to suggest that he lacks the inclination or ability to reflect on why it is that some of us might be upset about the way his situation has been handled. This Guardian blurb hits it pretty well on.
The Guardian really has some of the best MLS coverage out there.

We were down 5-0. The fans would have booed Mother Teresa, and Frank is hardly Mother Teresa.
Agree. At 5-0, I don't think divine intervention would have worked anyway.

Regardless, I really like Lampard and have for a number of years. The "hate" is born of frustration with the lack of transparency from CFG. If we get the Pirlo-Lamps-Villa super locomotive running, it will be a thing of beauty and all "hate" will dissipate. If is a small word with huge connotations, but I'm positive this is going to work.

Reactions: Seth
does any follow Lampard on social media? does he address any of these issues with his fitness / doing Euro commentary / etc?
No, other than a token bit, instead usually a steady stream of site-seeing pics, shots around NYC, Chelsea-related posts, etc.

So it looks like NYCFC finally addressed why Lampard was listed as questionable.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/lampard-leaves-drama-behind-im-not-here-to-rectify-anything-48451/

"Lampard was listed as questionable for several weeks until coming off the injury report before NYCFC’s match against Toronto FC. The club insists that they weren’t covering anything up with Lampard’s recovery. In fact, the midfielder did do conditioning training in recent weeks thus justifying the “questionable” status."
So training in recent weeks justifies the questionable status but what about all the other ones? Like when he was at Chelsea? o_O

But finally this statement got me:

"Every club I’ve been at, I’ve tried to work hard and win and I’m trying to do that here. I’m not rectifying anything, I want to play, I want to play well. Then I’m hoping the results personally and for the team come.”
Thoughts?

So it looks like NYCFC finally addressed why Lampard was listed as questionable.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/lampard-leaves-drama-behind-im-not-here-to-rectify-anything-48451/

"Lampard was listed as questionable for several weeks until coming off the injury report before NYCFC’s match against Toronto FC. The club insists that they weren’t covering anything up with Lampard’s recovery. In fact, the midfielder did do conditioning training in recent weeks thus justifying the “questionable” status."
So training in recent weeks justifies the questionable status but what about all the other ones? Like when he was at Chelsea? o_O

But finally this statement got me:

"Every club I’ve been at, I’ve tried to work hard and win and I’m trying to do that here. I’m not rectifying anything, I want to play, I want to play well. Then I’m hoping the results personally and for the team come.”
Thoughts?
I have no problem with Frank's statement there.

But I don't think the "mis-diagnosis" has been addressed at all. Wasn't it mentioned that it was only going to keep him sidelined shortly when he got the knock? That's a lot different than " Lampard revealed he could not run for a month after suffering the calf knock in preseason."

Not even being able to run at all is quite serious.

Lampard's statements do not reconcile with the club's on this. One of them are bull-shitting. The problem is I don't have a reason to believe either of them.

I have no problem with Frank's statement there.

But I don't think the "mis-diagnosis" has been addressed at all. Wasn't it mentioned that it was only going to keep him sidelined shortly when he got the knock? That's a lot different than " Lampard revealed he could not run for a month after suffering the calf knock in preseason."

Not even being able to run at all is quite serious.

Lampard's statements do not reconcile with the club's on this. One of them are bull-shitting. The problem is I don't have a reason to believe either of them.
I'm not sure I have a huge problem with this. If the MLS rules don't make a team reveal the extent of an injury, unlike, say, the NFL, then why let the rest of the league know how bad it might have been? A lot of people have been pissed off by this, but as long as the rules don't make them reveal specific info it's to our advantage to play it as close to the vest as we can. As fans we want to know everything of course, but sometimes it might not be the best thing.

Reactions: FootyLovin