Lampard Off?

NYCisBlue_

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Sep 6, 2015
Lots of rumors going around regarding Lamp's departure. What do you guys think?

Lots of rumors going around regarding Lamp's departure. What do you guys think?
Have you seen any credible reports, or just people speculating? It makes a ton of sense for the team, of course. I still think he'd help us if he ever plays, but, even if he's healthy, there are plenty of other spots where we could really upgrade and we have other options in CM.

It does feel like its gone a bit quiet around him...sort of like before Wingert left...and Jacobson left?? Maybe? Maybe?

His last Instagram post was a week ago of some random New York building.

He's been brought up on some morals charges.

index.php

I heard from a credible source within the organization that they are moving him to corporate to fill a role we've been sorely missing for some time now. Frank Lampard will become the new NYCFC mascot! He'll make intermittent appearances at games before and after matches. He'll act funny at practices to motivate the team. He'll make appearances at events to entertain fans.

Have you seen any credible reports, or just people speculating? It makes a ton of sense for the team, of course. I still think he'd help us if he ever plays, but, even if he's healthy, there are plenty of other spots where we could really upgrade and we have other options in CM.

It does feel like its gone a bit quiet around him...sort of like before Wingert left...and Jacobson left?? Maybe? Maybe?

No credible reports just a lot of speculation. Supposedly Lampard hasn't been training with the team while every player has including Harrison who I'm happy to see. Additionally, just like you said, it's been very quiet for Lampard.

Reactions: Viewfrom226
His last Instagram post was a week ago of some random New York building.
He was still in New York, near the practice facility no less, last weekend.

I can absolutely see him taking a decision to step down, but I don't see him being cut by any means.

I was curious about his timetable to return so I asked some medical professionals (docs & physical therapists) about the timeline to return from a gastrocnemius strain (which is what it's been reported as).

Generally they can start rehabilitation around three weeks in. Fit by 6 weeks.

I don't think we've seen Lampard play since that first game at the end of January. It's been 9-10 weeks since then so one of two things likely have happened:

DISCLAIMER: I'M SPECULATING HERE

He probably thought it wasn't bad, played or trained and it felt worse some time in early February so it wasn't diagnosed until early/mid February which would push the timetable to return close to this next week.

Given that last year him and the team thought it was a good idea to play through injuries and he got worse as a result I can understand why they're reluctant to give injury updates.

Today the team holds practice open to the media so that should help shed some light on his situation, if he's there then it means he's close to making a return. If he's not, then I say we wait until the Philly game before we start speculating that he's leaving.

Last edited:
I was curious about his timetable to return so I asked some medical professionals (docs & physical therapists) about the timeline to return from a gastrocnemius strain (which is what it's been reported as).

Generally they can start rehabilitation around three weeks in. Fit by 6 weeks.

I don't think we've seen Lampard play since that first game at the end of January. It's been 9-10 weeks since then so one of two things likely have happened:

DISCLAIMER: I'M SPECULATING HERE

He probably thought it wasn't bad, played or trained and it felt worse some time in early February so it wasn't diagnosed until early/mid February which would push the timetable to return close to this next week.
I doubt this is the case, but there's one other possibility that would keep him out this long - the doctors could have been calling it a strain when in fact it was Compartment Pressure Syndrome. It's a swelling of the tissue inside of the muscle's fascia and tight-nature of the fascia restricts the flow of blood from leaving the muscle. It's debilitating when exercising.

That said, I'd really like to think that the doctor's know the difference and they'd have announced it as CPS if that was the case. As I said, I highly doubt Lamps has CPS.

i always wondered what will happen to attendance when lampard, pirlo, villa leave and nycfc may not get a big "name" player....will attendance suffer tremendously ?

Last edited:
i alwasy wondered what will happen to attendance when lampard, pirlo, villa leave and nycfc may not get a big "name" player....will attendance suffer tremendously ?

I don't think it suffer too much, you'll lose the one time novelty visitors but not the season ticket holders. I also think that the club will always have at least 1 marquee player on the squad for marketing purposes

i alwasy wondered what will happen to attendance when lampard, pirlo, villa leave and nycfc may not get a big "name" player....will attendance suffer tremendously ?
Doubt it suffers tremendously as they already have a bunch of season tickets sold anyways. I'm hoping they'll bring in a player who can become well known through great play.

Doubt it suffers tremendously as they already have a bunch of season tickets sold anyways. I'm hoping they'll bring in a player who can become well known through great play.

I don't think it suffer too much, you'll lose the one time novelty visitors but not the season ticket holders. I also think that the club will always have at least 1 marquee player on the squad for marketing purposes

perhaps....some may not renew since their favorite stars wont be there anymore....but yes id like that idea of bringing someone who will become well known thru play and, hopefully, winning titles.

Reactions: JayH and Goodfella