Maxime Chanot [Defender]

Or this guy??? Probably the best of the bunch.

Premier League Football GIF by AFC Bournemouth
Premier League Football GIF by AFC Bournemouth

Ooof... Sorry to anyone who watched that.

He got sent off for DOGSO after a VAR review. A good call, but a bit tough for him. A long ball over the top that his teammate headed into his path. The attacker got there first and a split second later they collided. Worst of all, Lux then got a goal on a counterattack. So, he was sent off, and the goal was waived off.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Ooof... Sorry to anyone who watched that.

He got sent off for DOGSO after a VAR review. A good call, but a bit tough for him. A long ball over the top that his teammate headed into his path. The attacker got there first and a split second later they collided. Worst of all, Lux then got a goal on a counterattack. So, he was sent off, and the goal was waived off.

L'equipe is reporting that Chanot is returning to MLS - to LAFC.

friends sleep GIF

That's pretty shocking.

For the record, NYCFC does not have any open roster spots, so they would have to loan someone out in order to bring in Chanot (or any other player). Considering their fullback issues, they probably need to focus on that position more than bringing back Chanot, as loved as he is.

Reactions: mgarbowski and Gene
That's pretty shocking.

For the record, NYCFC does not have any open roster spots, so they would have to loan someone out in order to bring in Chanot (or any other player). Considering their fullback issues, they probably need to focus on that position more than bringing back Chanot, as loved as he is.

If he's really coming back to MLS, it probably lends more to the speculation that nick pushed him out. In which case, even if we had roster spots open, we wouldn't be bringing him back.

I still sincerely hope he returns after retirement to work with the club along with his academy.

If he's really coming back to MLS, it probably lends more to the speculation that nick pushed him out. In which case, even if we had roster spots open, we wouldn't be bringing him back.

I still sincerely hope he returns after retirement to work with the club along with his academy.

It absolutely does lead credence to that speculation. Or just that Cushing decided Chanot wasn't going to be getting his normal playing time. Either way, it absolutely leads credence that there was a falling out in some capacity which caused him to decide to leave.

I don't like catastrophizing about soccer but this would be a bad look

I don't like catastrophizing about soccer but this would be a bad look
And if you put that together with his shipping out of Malte A. (who cost 1.3M, was sold at a loss to Columbus for 500K funny money and is now valued at 3M) it leaves us looking quite incompetent under Cushing, Lee et al. Just sayin'

And if you put that together with his shipping out of Malte A. (who cost 1.3M, was sold at a loss to Columbus for 500K funny money and is now valued at 3M) it leaves us looking quite incompetent under Cushing, Lee et al. Just sayin'

man - this just makes me angry knowing that we are struggling at left back. malte > otoole.