Melbourne Heart/city

I attribute most of the flameups on this forum to the fact that we don't much to talk about. MCFC is an easy issue to get fired up about whereas the rest of what we can talk about is:

David Villa is awesome.
Kreis is awesome
Our front office is awesome
Our jerseys will be awesome
Where will the stadium be?
What songs can we sing?

Much will change when we can talk about why on earth did Kreis put player x in that formation, how did the ref miss that obvious PK, etc.
I said this elsewhere earlier - there is so little to talk about and as fans we need to find things to talk about, hence why MCFC crop up so often.

I just watched the Khaldoon interview on melbournes website, wow, we are in good hands. This ownership group certainly has their shit together and Khaldoon seems like a very intelligent , professional leader with a great vision. I couldn't be happier this is a polar opposite of what i am used to with the dolans and wilpons. Happy to be part of CFG. Count me in as an adopted MCFC and Melbourne City fan. Any NYCFC fan that roots against them is foolish, the success of the group will directly impact NYC FC

Just saw that new logo from todays Villa EOS article. What do people think about that does it not kind of cheapen the NYCFC one somewhat?

Just saw that new logo from todays Villa EOS article. What do people think about that does it not kind of cheapen the NYCFC one somewhat?

I wouldn't say it cheapens it. OK, so if you don't care for football outside of the USA then you might think it detracts from the uniqueness, and you'd probably be right - although there are many other circular badges in football. However, there is growing talk that Manchester City's badge is going to be redesigned soon - the current one was only made in 1997 but is widely hated by the fans - and all wisdom seems to be that it's going to be a circular crest in the style of the NYCFC badge. If you'd picked the shield design, I reckon Melbourne's would be a shield now, and so would the talk of Manchester City's future design. In that respect, when it happens those of you who voted will be able to say that you chose not only the design of your own crest, but of a Premier League team also.

Hopefully that slightly mitigates any cheapness.

There´s a thread spanning 30 pages on Bluemoon with people moaning about New York and Melbourne having nice badges while Manchester are stuck with some plastic 80´s design..

I wouldn't say it cheapens it. OK, so if you don't care for football outside of the USA then you might think it detracts from the uniqueness, and you'd probably be right - although there are many other circular badges in football. However, there is growing talk that Manchester City's badge is going to be redesigned soon - the current one was only made in 1997 but is widely hated by the fans - and all wisdom seems to be that it's going to be a circular crest in the style of the NYCFC badge. If you'd picked the shield design, I reckon Melbourne's would be a shield now, and so would the talk of Manchester City's future design. In that respect, when it happens those of you who voted will be able to say that you chose not only the design of your own crest, but of a Premier League team also.

Hopefully that slightly mitigates any cheapness.

Oh, that's interesting. Do you think that the new one will be largely a return to the old MCFC crest?

Random Thought: Ever since I unlocked it in fifa, I love the classic black kit city used to have. Any chance they'll bring it back as an alt kit?

Oh, that's interesting. Do you think that the new one will be largely a return to the old MCFC crest?

Yes and no. Some would say that you can see some of the old circular MCFC crest in the NYCFC logo. However, the reason MCFC had to switch to the current badge is because they sold the image rights to the old one in a desperate attempt to raise some cash back when we were dirt poor and literally had to pull every trick in the book just to stay afloat. Consequently, the club does not own the right to use its old crest, funnily enough, and so any new circular badge they brought out would have to be different enough to avoid copyright infringement.

Probably not mate, we sold it after all and have put in a lot of effort to raising global awareness of that badge and CFG to the point where it's recognised virtually everywhere (I think a recent study had us as the 5th biggest footballing brand?).

Maybe a move towards a circular version of the current crest.

Not at all. I enjoy reading what you have to say.

You do have a talent for making people angry though.

Probably because I have views and opinions, and say it as I see it, and, on occasion, as I know it. And whilst some may not be popular views, they are mine and will remain in place until someone can convince me of a differing view.
That and I have a tendency to be very sarcastic.

there has not been much talk about Melbourne City in this thread so far, what do people think of the jersey? i am a fan but think it could look better but it looks somewhat classy

Why deservedly? Seems like you can suck the dick of the rags, scousers, arse, etc and it's no problem but god forbid anyone is MCFC. Funny considering NYCFC is going to be run exactly in the City way. Who signed villa? Ferran Soriano, CEO of MCFC.

I'm pretty sure that Ferran Soriano is now the CEO of MCFC, NYCFC and Melbourne City FC.

Reactions: NYCBlue
I'm pretty sure that Ferran Soriano is now the CEO of MCFC, NYCFC and Melbourne City FC.

But you are wrong... Scott Munn is the CEO of Melbourne City actually.

Ferran is CEO of CFG nowadays, as you will have seen on all official statements for months.

But you are wrong... Scott Munn is the CEO of Melbourne City actually.

Ferran is CEO of CFG nowadays, as you will have seen on all official statements for months.

So, you're telling me that Soriano, as CEO of CFG, runs the show (so to speak) for MCFC, NYCFC, and Melbourne City FC, correct? I just want to make sure I understand the point you are making. Soriano has the final say with regard to the day-to-day operations of CFG's clubs, yes?