Mikkel "Mix" Diskerud [Midfielder]

I agree that Mix is better in those spots, but don't we have DPs playing those two positions? (I always get confused about what is a 6 or an 8).

I'm no expert so I could be wrong but I always think of an 8 as a box to box mid and 6 as a CDM holding mid. Lampard was an 8 for his whole career but doesn't really go box to box all that much any more, he stays more forward than a typical 8 at this point. Pirlo is technically a 6 but he doesn't play much D for a 6 so we play Jacobson next to him as another "6" to help on D. For Mix to play a "6" he would need to take Jacobson's spot as Andrew Madden suggests.

The issue with Mix (which also hurts the team in general) is that we have a sack full of midfielders that are much better off playing centrally and really nobody who likes playing wide. Mix, Poku, Frank, Jacobson, Pirlo - our 5 best midfielders, but all of them are better in the middle. That's why Mix has been out wide nearly every game.

I wouldn't be surprised if 2 people off that list are not on the team next season as we make moves for guys who like being out wide.

There is such a stark difference between playing central midfield and right wing, and the positions require completely different skill sets. It's almost like telling your catcher to play shortstop. Huge props to Mix for always giving it his all notwithstanding that he was a catcher playing shortstop. I really hope we see him playing where he's comfortable next season, as he can be the heart, soul and hair of this team in the right spot.

I'm no expert so I could be wrong but I always think of an 8 as a box to box mid and 6 as a CDM holding mid. Lampard was an 8 for his whole career but doesn't really go box to box all that much any more, he stays more forward than a typical 8 at this point. Pirlo is technically a 6 but he doesn't play much D for a 6 so we play Jacobson next to him as another "6" to help on D. For Mix to play a "6" he would need to take Jacobson's spot as Andrew Madden suggests.
I agree with this.

According to snapchat, Mix seems to be spending some vacation time in the southwest (Arizona) and west coast (California). He posted one of what looked to be him driving a car, which is odd considering he only got his permit (maybe license) like three months ago. Unfortunately, there is no sign of Khiry in the snaps. Mix & Khiry road trip would be quality snap story material.

Reactions: Jens Moe
According to snapchat, Mix seems to be spending some vacation time in the southwest (Arizona) and west coast (California). He posted one of what looked to be him driving a car, which is odd considering he only got his permit (maybe license) like three months ago. Unfortunately, there is no sign of Khiry in the snaps. Mix & Khiry road trip would be quality snap story material.
http://www.espnfc.com/team/united-states/660/video/2693608/klinsmann-urges-fitness-from-mls-players
And on twitter Mix says that he trains with the Grande Sports Academy: http://grandesports.com/

Mix:
Had a bad year playing within a roster that pretty much forced him to play wide instead of his natural CM position. Hopefully our new coach replaces him with a solid right midfielder for 2016, smart move if we want to consider salary cap btw. Don't have his contract details available but it's just a thought.

http://nycfcblues.com/2015/11/managing-expectations-can-expect-mix-diskerud/

new article up on Mix. Uses a ton of stats and game film. Well researched piece, I agree that he should be a CM, although I disagree with the conclusion that Mix is a non-dynamic player that can be used to run around and help better players. We saw in the preseason his creativity in and around the box. I think he was horribly misused all season by a bully coach that clearly had a grudge against him (comments about his off field activity, pulling him out of games.) We'll see what a fresh set of eyes can do with him.

I also really don't understand how the author can heap praise on Jacobson and Grabavoy all year, and have a problem with Mix. I suggest doing the same analysis with Ned and Jacobson, and see what you get. A DM should be positionally disciplined and break up passes? Hmm, AJ did neither. You prefer Grabavoy falling over every five seconds just because he had one lucky game with two goals, and was played despite having a broken toe?

He definitely needs to be a center mid. I think we both believe that this season he should have been playing next to Pirlo as a holding midfielder. It will be interesting to see what formation our new coach deploys him in. AJ needs to find his way to the bench.

Reactions: Sabo
You'd think she would show a little respect and not try to disenfranchise a group of people when she's also a member of a group that is disenfranchised.

i mean one counter argument i saw and i totally agree with....the fathers of many of those "Germans" were american soldiers....so show a little respect to those that defended the USA