MLS Cup Playoffs 2018 - Conference Semifinals

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018...ldup-atlantas-pk-instant-replay?autoplay=true

So turns out we were Geiger-fucked on two separate goals this game. #bringonthenarrative
Martinez was offside but he also should have been carded for his tackle of Herrera. His spin move was reckless and he plowed into Herrera with his back turned. If Villa was called guilty last week of reckless play on his bicycle kick, then Martinez should have been called here. He had a habit of jumping into situations with his back turned and hips leading.

Martinez was offside but he also should have been carded for his tackle of Herrera. His spin move was reckless and he plowed into Herrera with his back turned. If Villa was called guilty last week of reckless play on his bicycle kick, then Martinez should have been called here. He had a habit of jumping into situations with his back turned and hips leading.
Yeah, he unnecessarily left his feet and barreled into Herrera. I don't see how that's not a foul.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
It's rough, but until Atlanta adopts VAR these things will continue to happen
FIFY

I was thinking about this too.
We're looking at a very, very different game if those two goals don't go in. Who knows if they would even score in the first half? We were starting to look okay at around the time of the first goal.

I feel like reviewing that far back for offside is stretching a little.
Remember that one play where Orlando scored on ATL and they called it back all the way to giving ATL a penalty on the other side? It's an attacking phase of play (which only counts for goals, I know, but...), the penalty was the wrong decision because of the offside OR the tackle. If they can rule back a goal and give a penalty instead, they can overrule a penalty because of an offside.

Reactions: adam and Ulrich