MLS Cup Playoffs - December 5 - Philadelphia (Away)

Anyone else have a delayed celebration after the Magno goal? My kids and I stared at each other, then stared at the screen expecting a flag or wave off or asteroid hitting the stadium, and then when we finally felt safe and comfortable which must have been 30 seconds later simultaneously launched into celebratory pandemonium.

I bought this hoodie 9 days ago on Friday of Thanksgiving weekend in Ann Arbor. Since then:

Michigan beat Ohio State.
NYCFC won -- on penalty kicks -- against the record setting MLS points winner.
Michigan won the Big Ten championship.
NYCFC beat Philadelphia and is going to MLS Cup. I did not put the sweat on today until the second half.
I'm going to Portland and I think I'm wearing this sweat to Providence Park. This has been the best week+ of sportsball fanning in my entire life.

View attachment 11617

Almost perfect. 29-27.

saw this and thought.. "WHO THE HELL IS THIS GUY??"

it's parks

FF43xPSXIAU-pGX

Last edited:
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD WE'RE GOING TO THE CUP

We were so awful today but ... whew, thank god we pulled through. What an incredible run this has been. This team is special. Can't wait for next weekend. If we play up to potential, that is going to be an outstanding game.

Reactions: Kjbert
So many reasons to be happy, but most happy for the guys who have been here for a long time. Chanot, our longest-tenured player. Maxi, The Little Genius, who is our engine. Callens for all he has done for this club.

And, of course, I'm thrilled for Ronny Deila. He got off to that awful start last season and was never given a chance by this fanbase. Not when we went on a great stretch the 2nd half of last season, not when we had a great record for most of this season, and certainly wasn't given a chance when we struggled. Ridiculously, fans were calling for his job just six weeks ago. Now he's in MLS Cup. I love it so much.

Who knows what happens six days from now, but I couldn't be more excited. This team is special.

MLS should redesign the conference trophy. Make each one different and name it like they do with MLS Cup.
Two dope trophies would be two halves of the country. One with the east and one with the west. And when you put them side by side they fit together like a puzzle! I'm not sure how you would name them though.

• Love
Reactions: Shwafta and Kjbert