MLS - May 14 - Columbus (Home)

ESPN has four at the back with Pereira at RB. I'm not sure if that's right, but it's awfully intriguing.
Nope, it's Acevedo at RB according to the YES broadcast. ESPN had him in the dual-6 with Keaton Parks.

Okay, here we go. Don't know if we'll get a game thread tonight but if we do, see you there. #ComeOnNewYork #VayaPalomas

Reactions: mgarbowski
Don't know -- he wasn't even listed in the injury report: Injury Report | One Out, Two Questionable For Columbus Crew | New York City FC (nycfc.com)

I didn't hear anything on the broadcast but I get pulled away a lot. Still looking.
Didn’t see that either. I will say we had good service and attack from that right side. Left side… not so much.
Just odd to not even be in the 18, not be listed on the injury report or not mentioned during the broadcast. There was such little mention of it on here I thought I had just missed why he was out.

Just odd to not even be in the 18, not be listed on the injury report or not mentioned during the broadcast. There was such little mention of it on here I thought I had just missed why he was out.
No, you didn't miss it. There's nothing anywhere. Very weird. I had assumed he picked up a knock or Covid but it's radio silence.

No, you didn't miss it. There's nothing anywhere. Very weird. I had assumed he picked up a knock or Covid but it's radio silence.

he was no where to be seen on wednesday for USOC either. he could be out for some reason other than injury or covid. didn't see him in the may 10 training pics either. personal/family reasons for missing training/games could be why they decided not to share with the public.

----

solid game tonight. we could have used a bit more from our wing backs but i think both acevedo and gloster had decent games. a few too many sloppy passes from both + martins for my taste, but hopefully that will improve. it seems like they get put under pressure and panic pass into a space and hope for the best.

we are a different team going forward with taty leading the line. his physicality and movement creates a lot of space for everyone. talles needs to pick up those pointers so he can do the same for us once taty's scooped up this summer. that being said, i absolutely love watching talles take on defenders on the wing. it's so much fun to see. talles and GP taking on defenders are the highlights of any game for me. haha.

Santi, Maxi, and GP join Parks in the Family Pic Smile Club ... Parks is still club president

FSwUDBDWQAAmruG

we are technically on track to be 1st in SS standings. we win our games in hand and we are tied for first and potentially first if we keep winning by multiple goals.

going for the treble!!! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO

he was no where to be seen on wednesday for USOC either. he could be out for some reason other than injury or covid. didn't see him in the may 10 training pics either. personal/family reasons for missing training/games could be why they decided not to share with the public.

----

solid game tonight. we could have used a bit more from our wing backs but i think both acevedo and gloster had decent games. a few too many sloppy passes from both + martins for my taste, but hopefully that will improve. it seems like they get put under pressure and panic pass into a space and hope for the best.

we are a different team going forward with taty leading the line. his physicality and movement creates a lot of space for everyone. talles needs to pick up those pointers so he can do the same for us once taty's scooped up this summer. that being said, i absolutely love watching talles take on defenders on the wing. it's so much fun to see. talles and GP taking on defenders are the highlights of any game for me. haha.
Someone on Twitter just said they heard a mention of an illness for Gray -- not Covid and not an injury. I missed most of the pregame and chunks of the live broadcast so I didn't hear it myself.

Don't know if you heard the call of the game but Ian Paul Joy was banging the drum for tearing up Taty's current contract and giving him a new long-term deal. I'm not sure how that would work, though. He signed his extension through 2025 almost exactly a year ago (5.13.21) but he's not a Designated Player, right? Those would be Maxi, Martins and Mitrita I believe. If that's the case it couldn't happen until next year.

As much as I love Talles Magno and his upside, it would be great to keep Taty if we could. It would mean matching what he could expect from a foreign contract. But if it's possible maybe he'd stay. After all, we could always sell him later, and he could really boost his value in the meantime (right now Transfermarkt has him at €12 million).

Reactions: moogoo
Someone on Twitter just said they heard a mention of an illness for Gray -- not Covid and not an injury. I missed most of the pregame and chunks of the live broadcast so I didn't hear it myself.

Don't know if you heard the call of the game but Ian Paul Joy was banging the drum for tearing up Taty's current contract and giving him a new long-term deal. I'm not sure how that would work, though. He signed his extension through 2025 almost exactly a year ago (5.13.21) but he's not a Designated Player, right? Those would be Maxi, Martins and Mitrita I believe. If that's the case it couldn't happen until next year.

As much as I love Talles Magno and his upside, it would be great to keep Taty if we could. It would mean matching what he could expect from a foreign contract. But if it's possible maybe he'd stay. After all, we could always sell him later, and he could really boost his value in the meantime (right now Transfermarkt has him at €12 million).
One in the hand is worth two in the bush. Make Taty the highest paid player in the league to keep him.