Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. Philadelphia Union
Saturday, May 27 7:30 PM ET
Citi Field
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

So quiet around here with a game in 4 days. NYCFC coming off a needed rest but Philly also seems to be rounding into form now that they are done with the champions league. How are we feeling about this one?

I'm a bit pessimistic given that Philly will play deep and force us to break them down to get the win. Given our struggles on offense this season it's going to be tough. Should be a good test for the coaching staff to come up with a solid game plan, there is no mystery about what Philly with try to do, hopefully, Nick has the attack ready.

Reactions: moogoo
So quiet around here with a game in 4 days. NYCFC coming off a needed rest but Philly also seems to be rounding into form now that they are done with the champions league. How are we feeling about this one?

I'm a bit pessimistic given that Philly will play deep and force us to break them down to get the win. Given our struggles on offense this season it's going to be tough. Should be a good test for the coaching staff to come up with a solid game plan, there is no mystery about what Philly with try to do, hopefully, Nick has the attack ready.
I am not confident. I think it's more likely we win than lose, but only slightly and only due to MLS home field history. Reasons for hope that I see include our defense is reasonably solid if we get our set piece house in order and we are not particularly turnover prone which feeds a lot of Union goals. But like you I'm concerned about generating goals.

Last edited:
REF: Guido Gonzales Jr
AR1: Jose Da Silva
AR2: Gianni Facchini
4TH: Adam Kilpatrick
VAR: Kevin Stott
AVAR: Tom Supple

Against better judgement I went on the Union subreddit to see what they were talking about leading up to the match. There was a post about who their biggest rivals are and long story short I have a reinvigorated hatred for that fan base.

i feel good about this game. i feel like sands is going to put gazdag in his pocket. and santi is going to have a monster game.

i think talles will finally come out of his shell and be the player we want him to be and which he showed us at the start of 2022.

THIS I PREDICT...

All That Magic GIF by Nickelodeon

Gameday Weather and Transit Report™

Gametime temps will be in the upper- to mid-60s but windy, with gusts up to 20mph. Partly cloudy throughout. Sunset at 8:17pm.

Manhattan-bound 7 trains will be running a modified express service today, running non-stop from Mets/Willets Point to 74th Street. Also, there may be intermittent delays in both directions because of crane operations at 82nd Street.

This Gameday Weather and Transit Report™ brought to you by Weather Strip, and by KickMap, available at a fine App Store near you. Gamete temps brought to you by Apple® AutoCorrect™, although honestly that's really none of their business, don't you think?

Sweet framed picture I received for being a 10-year member of the Third Rail. Also had an impromptu q&a with Brad Sims. We’re getting a stadium! Also, I dropped my name idea for the supporter’s section in the new stadium on him — The Chop ShopIMG_4790.jpeg

If NYCFC wasn’t in crisis mode, it sure is now. Fell apart after a solid first 40 minutes and lost the game in a 10 minute span (eerily similar to last year’s conference final…).

Lack of concentration and a complete shocker from Thiago Martins. He’ll probably be out for a while anyway as he was on a cart after the game.

Season is slipping away and there is no rest in sight with NE and Cincy coming soon.

Way too much ball watching by the defense. We had chances and didn't convert. Carranza was a surgeon out there. The referee was terrible.

I'm not a big Cushing fan, but we don't have a complete team, so I'm going to give him a break.

The food at Corona Plaza is on point.