Mls On Fs1

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
We all know about the pleasures of having to watch an MLS game on Fox Sports 1 (1 for the fun) and getting to see the picture get smaller so advertisements can be shown. Soccer lasts for 45 consecutive minutes with no breaks so its difficult to get ads in. ESPN has been kinder of viewers and only showing those bubble ads next to the score.

I'm watching college football on FS1. American football with downs, timeouts, changes of possession, and tv time outs. And what do I see when I'm watching the game? The screen got smaller for ads. Like what the fuck FS1? Seriously? The 1 is definitely not the fun. Its for all the other ads I have to see during the game which disturbs my viewing experience. Dr. Pepper, you're a dick.

I agree with your sentiments. You've already paid a subscription and your eye is being distracted and your enjoyment decreased.
Luckily the UK and European rights holder (Sky Sports) doesn't inflict these on us.
I also feel sorry for you guys over the quality of pundits.
Don't be seduced by the flannel of Craig Burley, Mustoe, Shaka, and Warren Barton.
These were average players at best and have lucked out on the gravy train!
Zero analysis/ insight - other than whats obvious to the viewer.
Don't get me started on Tommy Smith. He's an embarrassment. How did he even end up over there ????

I also feel sorry for you guys over the quality of pundits.
Don't be seduced by the flannel of Craig Burley, Mustoe, Shaka, and Warren Barton.
These were average players at best and have lucked out on the gravy train!
I don't have a strong opinion on most of the gentlemen you name. But for announcers who are former players there is no relationship between the quality of their athletic performance and their abilities to provide commentary. In fact I was tempted to suggest there is an inverse relationship but that's not true either.

Reactions: twsj91
Point taken. I was mainly being critical of their content which is really poor.
Un- Initiated viewers may give their views more gravitas and credence than is deserved
(by possibly thinking the pundits named were great players/ ambassadors for the sport).
I cant understand how they have got to where they have. There are far better out there.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Point taken. I was mainly being critical of their content which is really poor.
Un- Initiated viewers may give their views more gravitas and credence than is deserved
(by possibly thinking the pundits named were great players/ ambassadors for the sport).
I cant understand how they have got to where they have. There are far better out there.
Fair enough. Of the guys you mentioned, the only one who has made enough of an impression for me to have an impression is Musto. If you watch the PL in the US he's impossible to miss along with Lowe, Earle and Martino. I like them all well enough, and the fact that there will almost always be disagreement between whichever pairing of former players is in the studio that day should keep viewers from thinking, "well, he used to play so he must be right."

Anyways, what's the story behind your body being in Lancashire but your soul located here in NYC?

Fair enough. Of the guys you mentioned, the only one who has made enough of an impression for me to have an impression is Musto. If you watch the PL in the US he's impossible to miss along with Lowe, Earle and Martino. I like them all well enough, and the fact that there will almost always be disagreement between whichever pairing of former players is in the studio that day should keep viewers from thinking, "well, he used to play so he must be right."

Anyways, what's the story behind your body being in Lancashire but your soul located here in NYC?
By the picture if it's him, you can see that his body's there but his mind is gone.

I've been blessed to travel the globe and watch fball (sorry soccer).
Was I'm Nyc in May for my brothers wedding and was blown over by the place.

Most of my trip was one long bachelor party. Be good to return and take it all in at my own pace :p

I come from a family of Man City fans, including my late grandfather- he always wanted me to follow city, but in England you only have 1 team.
I suppose Nyc is a way around that.
I went to the Huston game, and was blown away by the partisan atmosphere and the songs.
Didn't expect to see that.
It grabbed me and my friends.
Very quickly, I found I cared - just as much as I do about Blackburn Rovers and Milan.

I watched the World Cup in Yugoslavia in 1990 which was technically a Communist country at the time. There were adverts constantly appearing all over the screen. I guess anyone complaining at the time would have been sent to the gulags.

Reactions: Paul and mgarbowski
I watched the World Cup in Yugoslavia in 1990 which was technically a Communist country at the time. There were adverts constantly appearing all over the screen. I guess anyone complaining at the time would have been sent to the gulags.
So you're saying FS1 is communist?.... hmmm I can get on board with that viewpoint.

I want to like FS1 but they fuck everything up. Those ads are so fucking annoying I can't speak up against it enough. This pisses me off to no end.

The one thing that Fox Sports is doing right is hiring American so, Americans can develop our own voice when it comes to the sport, ESPN is over reliant on Europeans telling Americans what to think and being condescending for the most part. I'm not saying don't have Europeans on the show but balance it out, have more Americans north & south Americans a like. And more importantly let American develop our own style of calling the game & if you are going to hire a Brit, hire someone who can say Spanish names correctly I swear every time I hear someone say Martinez as Martin es (it's Mar Teen Es) makes me want to scream.

Reactions: SayWhat44
The one thing that Fox Sports is doing right is hiring American so, Americans can develop our own voice when it comes to the sport, ESPN is over reliant on Europeans telling Americans what to think and being condescending for the most part. I'm not saying don't have Europeans on the show but balance it out, have more Americans north & south Americans a like. And more importantly let American develop our own style of calling the game & if you are going to hire a Brit, hire someone who can say Spanish names correctly I swear every time I hear someone say Martinez as Martin es (it's Mar Teen Es) makes me want to scream.
Agree 99.32%... I like having more Americans and ESPN def has too many Europeans. However we do need much less Brad Friedel... he sounds like a beat up retired boxer.