Mls Player Waiver Deadline - Wed, June 30

The guy they're signing in his place too appears to be quite a good option at center back. I really like the defense going forward with Facey and Mashamaite at CB and Iraola and whoever else at the other outside back (Angelino?).

Reactions: Kjbert
i get it but still bringing a new CB to partner with facey throws things out of whack. Starting all over and im sure they were getting communication going. Also depth is my concern, so i assume salary was the ultimate factor.

also any one know where the list are of guaranteed and / not guaranteed info on our guys are?
His guaranteed compensation in 2014 was $213,333.33 so it's probably similar this year. That's way too much.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I don't like this. I understand he was making a lot of money, but I don't see the other option at CB right now. This Mashamaite guy is unproven here. Wingert stinks. Kwame is worse. Jesus.

What wiki has to say about Mashamaite:

Between August 2014 and 24 March 2015, he made 19 blocks, 32 tackles, 127 clearances and 449 interceptions, in the process commiting only 7 fouls. He also had a pass completion rate of over 90%, He made 878 successful passes as of 24 March 2015, in total, 560 of which have been forward.[26] Mashamaite was a big winner at the PSL Awards on 17 May 2015, winning Footballer of the Season, Players' Player of the Season and Absa Premiership Defender of the Season in Sandton pocketing R450 000 for his individual contribution towards winning the league and the MTN8.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
For those of you that care about FIFA ratings or use that to gauge how good a player is (lol), he is a 69, compared to 63 and 64 for the other guys.

I don't like this. I understand he was making a lot of money, but I don't see the other option at CB right now. This Mashamaite guy is unproven here. Wingert stinks. Kwame is worse. Jesus.
I've heard nothing but great things about Mashamaite. As bad as he is at CB, Wingert provides versatility in the back by being able to play multiple positions and I think Kwame was on a lower salary than Hernandez. I would have much rather cut Kwame as opposed to Hernandez, but it's really a numbers thing, it's much cheaper to have Kwame on the bench than it is to have Hernandez on the bench.

And again. Nothing has been said by the club. Hernandez might not be going anywhere. Nor Sebastian. However, someone needs to be cut or go on loan for this signing to take place.

Hold up - we cut Hernandez and kept Kwame? I know salary is a factor, but that's absurd.

And Velasquez gets a lot of heat from people on here, but he'd be fourth on the cut list for me. Less surprised by him getting cut than Jason, but still.. wow.

Reactions: Gavin23
The way NYCFC has handled most of everything this year with acquisitions, players training, etc. feels a little lacking.

Reactions: Kjbert
I've heard nothing but great things about Mashamaite. As bad as he is at CB, Wingert provides versatility in the back by being able to play multiple positions and I think Kwame was on a lower salary than Hernandez. I would have much rather cut Kwame as opposed to Hernandez, but it's really a numbers thing, it's much cheaper to have Kwame on the bench than it is to have Hernandez on the bench.

We also heard great things about Mendoza and to a lesser extent Nemec.

Doesn't mean this signing isn't a coup, but they probably thought Mendoza would be a starting CB for us right about now too.

Very risky to me.

Reactions: adam
These are risks you have to take if they led to the signing of players like Iraola and Mix, our club has to play cap balancing games. We don't need a team of mediocre players on $200k salaries and 3 DPs because of lack of creativity. I want stars, and talented players who can win us a cup. I'll sacrifice 10 Hernandezes every season till we get there.

These are risks you have to take if they led to the signing of players like Iraola and Mix, our club has to play cap balancing games. We don't need a team of mediocre players on $200k salaries and 3 DPs because of lack of creativity. I want stars, and talented players who can win us a cup. I'll sacrifice 10 Hernandezes every season till we get there.
Easy there Tywin Lannister.

Forget the cap implications. He probably didn't want to give up #21 for Pirlo. So they dumped him, and that's been the holdup with the signing. It all makes total sense now.
That would be fucking hilarious

Forget the cap implications. He probably didn't want to give up #21 for Pirlo. So they dumped him, and that's been the holdup with the signing. It all makes total sense now.

I want to believe.

Don't we have to cut a foreign player to make all our signings? We have 10 spots IIRC.
1. Villa
2. Facey
3. Nemec
4. Calle
5. Alvarez
6. Johansen
7. Lampard
8. Pirlo
9. Angelino
10. Iraola

11. Mashamaite?