Motm And Postgame - Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our defense forces Saunders to be in so many uncomfortable situations

Oh... But many said Mullins had a good game, yet he's the worst on the field with a mediocre rating... Lol
And check the season ratings. He's among the lowest

I thought Mullins played poorly on Saturday. Loved the activity from him, but he didn't convert chances and gave the ball away.

regarding Saunders, there is no defense on a goal kick. I think that is the major criticism that T Tom in Fairfield CT and I have.

Reactions: FootyLovin and Paul
Just want to say the first 45 minutes was the best I have seen us play as a team.

Should have been 3 up by half time!

I think the final 15 minutes was the best we played. POKU!
My favorite moment was when Poku pressed and won the ball. He was dribbling across the field, Villa and Grabavoy had their hands in the air didn't know what was happening. Then Poku passed to Mix for a goal. Villa and Grabavoy don't understand Poku's genius.

It took a long time but it's finally come together! These players are becoming familiar with each other and it makes everyone look much better than before. Too bad we are in such a deep hole, but thanks to the MLS playoff rules, we can still get in there if we can get a little streak going.
Solid games from a lot of players tonight and Kreis with perfect substitutions!
MOTM probably David Villa.

Three goals and consecutive wins for the first time in history...let's keep it moving!!!
I agree with ya 100 %!!!

Interesting side note. In all of our collective exuberance over the win and Villa's and others' terrific play, we have yet to comment on the fact that Villa could (should?) have had a hat trick easily. This is not to say this as a critique. It is more a matter of, if you were watching him on Saturday, you got a glimpse of the player who is our #1. When our new players come and he gets more space on the field he is going to tear up this league.

Some day we will tell our grandkids that we were lucky enough to watch this guy in person.

(Another side note. That's also a reason I'd love to see Pirlo come here. We will tell stories for decades to come about the brilliance he showed on our beloved pitch.)

Interesting side note. In all of our collective exuberance over the win and Villa's and others' terrific play, we have yet to comment on the fact that Villa could (should?) have had a hat trick easily. This is not to say this as a critique. It is more a matter of, if you were watching him on Saturday, you got a glimpse of the player who is our #1. When our new players come and he gets more space on the field he is going to tear up this league.

Some day we will tell our grandkids that we were lucky enough to watch this guy in person.

(Another side note. That's also a reason I'd love to see Pirlo come here. We will tell stories for decades to come about the brilliance he showed on our beloved pitch.)

I think Angelino will help a lot down the left side. The goal he scored was because we finally got some width in our attack and Mac played a beautiful ball in which tic tac'd it's way to villa.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Status
Not open for further replies.