Mp: "i Don't Know If He'll Be There Next Season."

Red Sox-Yankees is a different animal. We have taken their players to pad our roster, spite the Red Sox, and give them a most needed shave. I'm sure that sort of rivalry will develop in MLS for NYCFC in time, and with whom is yet to be determined, but we certainly don't want one within our own organization with MCFC.

The point is that NY accepts people who want to be here even if they are Red Sox defectors, although most fans never really bought former Red Sox players' jerseys. So your Yankee fan open wallets comment is off base - for every hundred Jeter, Ruth, Rivera, Posada, Mattingly jersey you may see one Damon...and certainly never a Youkalis.

You know Ruth played for the Red Sox first, right?

Reactions: Kjbert
You know Ruth played for the Red Sox first, right?

Of course I know that, and I have refernced that in re Mullins coming over from the Revs. Nevertheless, Ruth was a Yankee in name and is always associated with our club and not the Sox - hence the House that Ruth built or The Curse. Additionally, that trade is what started that rivalry. We want an MLS rivalry - not an inter CFG rivalry.

Red Sox-Yankees is a different animal. We have taken their players to pad our roster, spite the Red Sox, and give them a most needed shave. I'm sure that sort of rivalry will develop in MLS for NYCFC in time, and with whom is yet to be determined, but we certainly don't want one within our own organization with MCFC.

The point is that NY accepts people who want to be here even if they are Red Sox defectors, although most fans never really bought former Red Sox players' jerseys. So your Yankee fan open wallets comment is off base - for every hundred Jeter, Ruth, Rivera, Posada, Mattingly jersey you may see one Damon...and certainly never a Youkalis.
Clemens? Ruth was a sox btw. Lol

Admitting he lives under a bridge

I know that at least one of the mods is active on blue moon, so they are aware of it. This must be the type of forum that is desired.
do you honestly think a mls team would even compete on the same level as a team from the uk?

Not now but in a few years when the teams spend more money. the best players in the world don't go to the UK for the s
do you honestly think a mls team would even compete on the same level as a team from the uk?

Not now but in 5 years yes as far as the BPL goes. National teams? sorry pal but you guys suck.
Also I'm an American so I always expect to win. And from NY so I actually get mad when I don't.

Although the whole Lampard thing is leaving a bitter taste in your mouths right now as soon as the first ball of the season is kicked it will all be forgotten about. You are at the fledgeling start of something which could well be huge and will be great for the MLS. You will attract numerous quality players to play in seasons 2 onwards as people begin to see the management follow through on their promises. Lampard is but one player, yes a quality player but ask yourself this.

Would you rather have a Frank Lampard who is going through the motions in the MLS because he is there when really he still wants to be over here in the Premier league or would you rather have a players who puts in 110% week in week out as he wants to be there.

After watching Lampard's reaction after he scored yesterday I know where he wants to be and that is what really matters. A massive shame for you guys as you will miss out for at least the early part of this season on a top quality player but I only want players who want to be at my club and I am sure you guys feel the same.

With reference to the offshoot thing nobody really thinks of Melbourne / NYCFC / Yokohama as inferior to MCFC but MCFC was the long established club and the first club the guys in Abu Dhabi got into bed with. Yes some of us were sceptical but it has been brilliant for our club and also for the region as a whole. A new college, Leisure centre, social housing initiatives and a couple of Premierships to boot. You look at the model and if NYCFC can get their roots laid down then you may well find that a bit of self promotion of Abu Dhabi as a tourist destination is a small price to pay.

Your f*%# british what happened to you guys. Last paragraph makes you sound like some street begger in a 3rd world country. Damn ridgeling

Not now but in a few years when the teams spend more money. the best players in the world don't go to the UK for the s

Not now but in 5 years yes as far as the BPL goes. National teams? sorry pal but you guys suck.
Also I'm an American so I always expect to win. And from NY so I actually get mad when I don't.

You honestly believe the MLS will be competing with the Premier League in just 5 years? If the MLS ever does compete with the Premier League (personally I'm not sure it will) it will probably take another 25/30 years at the very least.

Manchester City have quietly deleted the article about NYCFC signing and loaning Frank (though "loan" was carefully not used in the article) as rumors swirl of Frank extending his contract there to next year.

The worst, least reliable paper in the UK is the only one reporting that, Frank Lampard will go to NYCFC at the end of the EPL season.

At the end of the PL season Lampard will be loaned to NYCFC for 10 games, play 4 and go back to England for good after straining his calf on a turf field.

You honestly believe the MLS will be competing with the Premier League in just 5 years? If the MLS ever does compete with the Premier League (personally I'm not sure it will) it will probably take another 25/30 years at the very least.

The worst, least reliable paper in the UK is the only one reporting that, Frank Lampard will go to NYCFC at the end of the EPL season.

You're saying that you doubt they have deleted the article because it was reported in an unreliable paper? He linked to the article in the post you quoted. You can look for yourself, it's not there. There's no possible way you can doubt that.

You're saying that you doubt they have deleted the article because it was reported in an unreliable paper? He linked to the article in the post you quoted. You can look for yourself, it's not there. There's no possible way you can doubt that.

No, I'm saying I doubt that Lampard will stay at City for longer than the end of the season.

I really wish I had a dime for every time a MC fan has come here saying "that's the worst, least reliable paper in the Uk, FL will be going to NYCFC at .... "

Had to be 4 or 5 different posters, at least, saying literally word for word the same thing about Feb/March before MCFC dropped the bomb....

Its all about $ and as soon as MLS is strong enough for the smaller market teams to survive the cap will be raised so that US teams can go after the best players.
Top players now don't go to the UK for the quality of your dental care, sunny weather or watercress sandwiches.
They go because you pay more. when we pay more they will come here.

Sorry ment as a reponse

Its all about $ and as soon as MLS is strong enough for the smaller market teams to survive the cap will be raised so that US teams can go after the best players.
Top players now don't go to the UK for the quality of your dental care, sunny weather or watercress sandwiches.
They go because you pay more. when we pay more they will come here.