My Take On The Jerseys

Thanks. Why wouldn't the dark blue be a good away color?
I mean it's just common sense to anybody who watches soccer. You can't have a dark blue away jersey when your home jersey is light blue. There has to be a obvious contrast (blue and orange for example) When we play at KC, there is no chance is hell that they will let us wear light blue or dark blue.

I mean it's just common sense to anybody who watches soccer. You can't have a dark blue away jersey when your home jersey is light blue. There has to be a obvious contrast (blue and orange for example) When we play at KC, there is no chance is hell that they will let us wear light blue or dark blue.

That makes zero sense. So a team can't wear their own colors if the home team has similar colors? Just for comparison sake, Chicago, Chivas, Galaxy, Revolution, Red Bull and Whitecaps all have dark blue away jerseys. Like I mentioned before, there is enough contrast between light and dark blue, but that contrast is irrelevant. The two jerseys will never be on the field at the same time. All the matters is if there's enough of a distinction between the two teams playing.

That makes zero sense. So a team can't wear their own colors if the home team has similar colors? Just for comparison sake, Chicago, Chivas, Galaxy, Revolution, Red Bull and Whitecaps all have dark blue away jerseys. Like I mentioned before, there is enough contrast between light and dark blue, but that contrast is irrelevant. The two jerseys will never be on the field at the same time. All the matters is if there's enough of a distinction between the two teams playing.
Lol how are you arguing this? You can't have jerseys with similar color. Period.

Lol how are you arguing this? You can't have jerseys with similar color. Period.
These are artistic renditions. It is essentially fan art. The guy can color the jersey with glitter and it wouldn't make a difference.

And if a team has dark blue away jersey, they would wear their home jersey when they play us at Yankee. Again common sense to anybody who regularly watches soccer..

These are artistic renditions. It is essentially fan art. The guy can color the jersey with glitter and it wouldn't make a difference.
Your comment is completely irrelevant in this discussion, and it makes me wonder why you felt the need to post it.

Kansas City uses the exact same colors on both jerseys, just different design. Doesn't matter, I did a white one as well. The world won't end.

Your comment is completely irrelevant in this discussion, and it makes me wonder why you felt the need to post it.
You are instigating for no reason which is trolling. You made your point, drop it. The OP is fanart, there is a certain amount of artistic freedom when creating fanart.

If you feel my comment is irrelevant then report it. I'll flag it and send it to Falastur Falastur and NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan

And if a team has dark blue away jersey, they would wear their home jersey when they play us at Yankee. Again common sense to anybody who regularly watches soccer..

Why would they wear their home jersey at an away game? I watch soccer every day, not sure what your comments suppose to suggest. Also, these are just my ideas. I'm sure NYCFC will pick completely different colors for the jerseys. Just for shits and giggles, I put the Whitecaps away jersey against my home jersey design. Looks like enough contrast to me. Doubt anyone would have a hard time distinguishing the two.

Is your issue that both shirts use a blue color? You're saying the same color can't be used, even if the tone of the colors are so far different from each other that they create a obvious contrast? Not trying to be a jerk, just want to understand your point.

jerseys.jpg

Why would they wear their home jersey at an away game? I watch soccer every day, not sure what your comments suppose to suggest. Also, these are just my ideas. I'm sure NYCFC will pick completely different colors for the jerseys. Just for shits and giggles, I put the Whitecaps away jersey against my home jersey design. Looks like enough contrast to me. Doubt anyone would have a hard time distinguishing the two.

Is your issue that both shirts use a blue color? You're saying the same color can't be used, even if the tone of the colors are so far different from each other that they create a obvious contrast?

jerseys.jpg

I think, that is what he is saying and, less aggressively, I'm inclined to agree. For the most part, it seems, even if the contrast is drastic, jersey's of the same color, even if they are a different tone, are not used.

Red Bull for example used their home jersey away for most of the season until very recently.

That being said I love your jerseys.

Gee I wonder what 3rd/alt jerseys exist for

For people to buy, of course!

Guys, come on. This is a thread about someone showing off their designs for a kit. We are not the NYCFC jersey planning committee. We don't have a need to get legalistic about stuff like this. By all means debate the colours, but let's not start nit-picking and getting antsy with each other over such a little thing.

Besides, Bx makes a fair point - the third kits exist to give an alternative choice when both the home and away options clash with an opponent's colours.

Glad we are able to hash things out and act civil.
They're just an artists rendering. Not official jerseys. Can we just stare in awe and not get literal?

Reactions: Soccerfanatic94

Yep. Everyone who watches soccer totally knows that a light blue and a dark blue jersey on the same field is anathema.

Except, you know, when Manchester City plays Chelsea and they both wear their blue kits.

I think, that is what he is saying and, less aggressively, I'm inclined to agree. For the most part, it seems, even if the contrast is drastic, jersey's of the same color, even if they are a different tone, are not used.

Red Bull for example used their home jersey away for most of the season until very recently.

That being said I love your jerseys.

Thanks, and I see the point, but this isn't any kind of written rule. Sure, a lot of teams have completely different colors between jerseys, look at Real Madrid's new away, the shit is magenta. But that doesn't mean you can't get it to work with the same color for both.

And like BxLio91 mentioned above, that's why there are third jerseys. Side not, I don't think any MLS teams have a third. Are there any?

Thanks, and I see the point, but this isn't any kind of written rule. Sure, a lot of teams have completely different colors between jerseys, look at Real Madrid's new away, the shit is magenta. But that doesn't mean you can't get it to work with the same color for both.

And like BxLio91 mentioned above, that's why there are third jerseys. Side not, I don't think any MLS teams have a third. Are there any?

Actually, a bunch do. Mostly they're for marketing purposes. Portland for example: http://shop.timbers.com/category-jerseys-all.html. I know the Dynamo do not (because their orange makes a second kit barely necessary as it is)