N Y C F C Transfer Rumors Thread

sbrylski

Registered
Apr 24, 2014
Rumors always seem to find their way to the "Players Wanted" thread. Probably should have a separate one for actual rumors.

Anyway, Vieira tried to loan in Presnel Kimpembe, a 20 year old CB from PSG, but the offer was rejected. Interesting that he would go outside of the EDS for a loanee target, but not surprising that he would look in France.

http://www.leparisien.fr/psg-foot-p...016-5438939.php#xtref=https://www.google.com/

Reactions: Kjbert
Fascinating that he is looking outside the EDS program. I don't know if this is good or bad? If you get Teixiera, you probably don't need another CB (unless he hates Mena).

This could mean that Teixiera isn't happening, an EDS CB isn't happening. Or it could just be him putting feelers out.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
Fascinating that he is looking outside the EDS program. I don't know if this is good or bad? If you get Teixiera, you probably don't need another CB (unless he hates Mena).

This could mean that Teixiera isn't happening, an EDS CB isn't happening. Or it could just be him putting feelers out.
Misdirection and false information. Everybody knows that MCFC/CFG and by association NYCFC have very deep pockets. Which is why we don't yet have a certain Costa Rican LB - his club is holding out for more. However if there is a thought that CFG will go elsewhere to Team B for a player because Team A has too high of demands, then it gets Team A thinking they won't have any sort of deal and is more likely to negotiate in good faith rather than holding out for an unreasonable amount. Perhaps Teixiera's club is also asking for too much and this was thought to be a way to get them to pull the trigger?

Misdirection and false information. Everybody knows that MCFC/CFG and by association NYCFC have very deep pockets. Which is why we don't yet have a certain Costa Rican LB - his club is holding out for more. However if there is a thought that CFG will go elsewhere to Team B for a player because Team A has too high of demands, then it gets Team A thinking they won't have any sort of deal and is more likely to negotiate in good faith rather than holding out for an unreasonable amount. Perhaps Teixiera's club is also asking for too much and this was thought to be a way to get them to pull the trigger?

Good theory, but why would they plant a report saying our request was rejected? Why not just that we are interested? Seems like we'd have more leverage that way.

I think it's a better assumption to say that we really were looking elsewhere. It may help when returning to negotiations, but we also may have actually moved on.

Good theory, but why would they plant a report saying our request was rejected? Why not just that we are interested? Seems like we'd have more leverage that way.

I think it's a better assumption to say that we really were looking elsewhere. It may help when returning to negotiations, but we also may have actually moved on.
We may never have been serious about the PSG loan and put in a low bid - if they accept then great, but if not then they have the press release saying that NYCFC is actively looking elsewhere. Teixiera is likely their first choice.

Reactions: sbrylski
Interesting that he would go outside of the EDS for a loanee target,
Am I wrong that there is a cap implication?

My understanding: EDS loanees' salaries hit our cap for 100% of value. Not so for other loanees. Right? (Not sure what portion of salary we pick up from other loanees. But I thought there was a difference with EDS.)

Am I wrong that there is a cap implication?

My understanding: EDS loanees' salaries hit our cap for 100% of value. Not so for other loanees. Right? (Not sure what portion of salary we pick up from other loanees. But I thought there was a difference with EDS.)
I think the difference there is since we are affiliated with EDS, we pick up their salary equivalent as the "loan fee".

If its an unaffiliated team, the amount that hits our cap is the actual amount we pay the unaffiliated team. Ex: PSG loanee salary is $500k for the year, but we agree with PSG to only pay $200K. Only $200k would hit our cap, whereas that negotiation wouldn't be allowable with EDS.

Yea, if we get loans from non-CFG clubs, they can shoulder the cap hit.
BTW after reading that article in the OP, it seems that they don't want to loan him right now so if we try again during the summer maybe they accept.

Seems unlikely that a team would loan us one of their talented young players and also pay them for us. Would be more likely to happen with an older overpaid player that a team needs to get rid of.

Seems unlikely that a team would loan us one of their talented young players and also pay them for us. Would be more likely to happen with an older overpaid player that a team needs to get rid of.
Teams do it all the time to get experience for the player - Chelsea has a bad habit of obtaining an exorbitant amount of players and warehousing them at other clubs to get them game-time experience. The payroll part isn't always the important variable to these clubs.

Teams do it all the time to get experience for the player - Chelsea has a bad habit of obtaining an exorbitant amount of players and warehousing them at other clubs to get them game-time experience. The payroll part isn't always the important variable to these clubs.

Yeah didn't think of that. I guess the question is do the teams that do that see mls as a development opportunity yet. If they don't hopefully they will as the league grows.

I see the Nigel de Jong rumor is starting again. This time going to the Galaxy. He's the kind of beast we can use in the midfield. He'll be a good addition to LA. Thought I remembered hearing about him coming here last year.

Interesting thought about the leverage. The window has been quiet, but I believe if one negotiation gets completed, it'll open up the flood gates (right now each side won't budge, but I don't see that remaining the same in the next couple weeks). I'm glad the pressure is off about filling out the whole roster like last year as opposed to just 8 players this year. There was an interesting article about PV and Co picking players that fit his vision. This gives him the time & flexibility to pick and choose his players as opposed to needing to find enough players to field a team.

It was obvious during the PR game that he is missing a LW, a LB and a CB. Painfully obvious that those positions need to be filled to fulfill his vision.

My question? Where does Mix fit in?

It was obvious during the PR game that he is missing a LW, a LB and a CB. Painfully obvious that those positions need to be filled to fulfill his vision.

My question? Where does Mix fit in?
I'm certain PV is working on the CB spot. But I think you have a pretty good LW in David Villa and ST in Patrick Mullins to solve that spot. How to fit in Mix? Well make Poku your RW until we can drop Lamps and make Mix your 3rd midfielder behind Lamps and Pirlo. So we need a LB and CB, which I'm sure Vieira is looking hard to sign with all of our TAM right now.

I'm certain PV is working on the CB spot. But I think you have a pretty good LW in David Villa and ST in Patrick Mullins to solve that spot. How to fit in Mix? Well make Poku your RW until we can drop Lamps and make Mix your 3rd midfielder behind Lamps and Pirlo. So we need a LB and CB, which I'm sure Vieira is looking hard to sign with all of our TAM right now.
I think this is right with a bit of a caveat. With Pirlo, Lamps and Mix in the midfield I don't think they have static locations. They all want to play centrally. So do you play Mix central with Pirlo and Lamps tight in front of him? Do you play Lamps central with Pirlo and Mix tight behind him? In the end I don't think how you draw it up matters that much. I actually think the first half of PR was pretty telling for this. Poku, Pirlo and Lamps played midfield but they were very fluid. You never knew who was going to head upfield (well, you knew Pirlo wasn't going to streak into the box). You saw Poku and Lamps switching sides. You saw Poku behind Pirlo at times. I think Mix, Lamps and Pirlo are going to be asked to play that kind of fluid midfield.

Of course, if PV spends on a midfielder or winger, all bets are off.

I think this is right with a bit of a caveat. With Pirlo, Lamps and Mix in the midfield I don't think they have static locations. They all want to play centrally. So do you play Mix central with Pirlo and Lamps tight in front of him? Do you play Lamps central with Pirlo and Mix tight behind him? In the end I don't think how you draw it up matters that much. I actually think the first half of PR was pretty telling for this. Poku, Pirlo and Lamps played midfield but they were very fluid. You never knew who was going to head upfield (well, you knew Pirlo wasn't going to streak into the box). You saw Poku and Lamps switching sides. You saw Poku behind Pirlo at times. I think Mix, Lamps and Pirlo are going to be asked to play that kind of fluid midfield.

Of course, if PV spends on a midfielder or winger, all bets are off.
I think these are the players many of us want to see on the field from a "fun" perspective and in terms of getting the best pure talent on the field. It is an interesting choice between tactics and talent, because that lineup probably leaks goals even with an upgrade of the back line. In the end, I suspect injuries, international call ups and suspensions will sort a lot of this out since inevitably all six of those guys aren't available all of the time. As such, I bet we still see at least 1500 minutes from Jacobson or, ideally, a better, true, DM which we've been hoping for since early last season. It will be fun to see.

Biggest question for PV in my mind is how he fits the pieces together this year. There isn't any way Poku shouldn't play twice the minutes he played last year, but simple solutions like benching Lampard are not the best use of talent for me.

Reactions: FootyLovin

I would line up Villa as a LW and Shelton as your RW with Poku as the False 9.

That being said, PV didn't do that in Puerto Rico. He has Villa leading the line - which he can do in a 4-3-3 set up. So that leaves us short of a LW still.