N Y C F C Transfer Rumors Thread

Why can't Mullins play LW?
He probably can if he's comfortable doing so. Depends on how he likes to receive the ball and distribute. A lot of players can/will be played on a particular side depending on how the coach wants crosses and shots to be sent in to the box. Take Dempsey (right-footed) as a prime example. On the left he cuts to the center and can curl a shot/cross in to the goal mouth whereas on the right his shots/crosses are pulled away from the goal and he can drive all the way to the end line. With Mullins, is left-footed and last season he showed a propensity to cut in to the center from the right side to fire his shots since doing that opened up more of the goal.

Why can't Mullins play LW?
It feels, to me, like that would lessen the value of the things he brings that Villa does not, namely physicality in the box, a target man, etc. I guess my other question is whether Mullins could bring the defensive value on the LW that some people worry would be missing with Villa out there. Mullins works extremely hard, but I'm not sure what his pure defensive skills are.

I probably lean more towards having Mullins up top with Villa on the LW and then a left back that actually stays at home for the most part rather than bombing forward all of the time (though I already miss Angelino).

Last edited:
Mullins also hasn't shown the ability to do anything other than hold play up and finish.

In the 4-3-3, that winger needs to either attack 1 v 1 or cross the ball to a finisher. A 4-3-1-2 makes the most sense to get all of these guys on the field.

Reactions: sbrylski
Mullins also hasn't shown the ability to do anything other than hold play up and finish.

In the 4-3-3, that winger needs to either attack 1 v 1 or cross the ball to a finisher. A 4-3-1-2 makes the most sense to get all of these guys on the field.
The one time NYCFC played a 4-3-3, Mullins was fantastic as the CF - either turning and driving at goal, or flicking/passing to a winger.

Reactions: JCMore
The one time NYCFC played a 4-3-3, Mullins was fantastic as the CF - either turning and driving at goal, or flicking/passing to a winger.

I was saying he can't play as a LW

Have Villa play LW, have Mullins up top.

How many times a game do you see Villa on the left side of the box trying to penetrate a 1v1 situation? Pretty much every game. So he is already playing a LF role, move him out a little wider and let Mullins hold and look for a rebound. Villa is going to try to dribble through 3 defenders before he even thinks about centering.

I think it's a moot point. I don't think we have the pieces to play with wingers and we don't have a good defensive midfield. We have to play 4 or better yet, 5 in the middle. I think the only way you can make 3 up top work is go false 9 without a real striker.

Does anyone have an idea of Vieira's perferred formation?

Galaxy is close to signing Ashley Cole. Also trying to sign Nigel de John and Jelle Van Damme (though think he was a plan B for Cole so probably not anymore). Going strong with the defense I see. Could have a formidable line up.

Reactions: Kjbert
Isn't he a 4-3-3 guy?

Also Yankees field isn't made for wide wing play.

Good point. Forgot about the field size. Stack the midfield at YS and open it up on the road with a 4-3-3.

Nemanja Vidic is available after being released from Milan. Inter President also owns DC United so there's a rumor that he may end up there. Definitely not a DP but could be a productive CB in MLS for 2 years.

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
Nemanja Vidic is available after being released from Milan. Inter President also owns DC United so there's a rumor that he may end up there. Definitely not a DP but could be a productive CB in MLS for 2 years.

has he played this season? i havent followed Serie A this season but i kept reading he was injured.

has he played this season? i havent followed Serie A this season but i kept reading he was injured.

No. He played like 30 games last year, had surgery and hasn't seen the pitch this year. I think he is healthy enough to play though. He never was as good with Inter as he was with Manchester. He went in to the dog house. For the right price and if healthy, it's an interesting option.

There are talks about Marouane Fellaini on the move. If he was a bit quicker, he'd be an amazing option in our already crowded midfield. At 27 an obvious DP candidate. Can't see him making the move to America though.

No. He played like 30 games last year, had surgery and hasn't seen the pitch this year. I think he is healthy enough to play though. He never was as good with Inter as he was with Manchester. He went in to the dog house. For the right price and if healthy, it's an interesting option.

He is going to the Fire, unfortunately. Twellman just tweeted it.

There are talks about Marouane Fellaini on the move. If he was a bit quicker, he'd be an amazing option in our already crowded midfield. At 27 an obvious DP candidate. Can't see him making the move to America though.

Zero chance of MLS this year and even less chance he ends up at NYCFC this year. Also, wrong thread for this.

He is going to the Fire, unfortunately. Twellman just tweeted it.

That sucks...good for Chicago though..but his tweet suggests a strong rumor, nothing more.

Also, wrong thread for this.

Why? He is rumored to be transferred and this is a 'Transfer Rumor' thread lol.

Is there another thread I don't know about to discuss Transfer Rumors?

Edit: Well now it says "N Y C F C Transfer Rumors Thread"..so whatever. Couldn't a lot of rumors theoretically be NYCFC targets? Maybe? Maybe not? This is as silly as taking down the BxLio91 BxLio91 rumor thread...which is still the best thread that has been on here. That thing was all over the place and I loved it. Well the forum police got me lol. Grazie.

Last edited:
Reactions: dannd23
That sucks...good for Chicago though..but his tweet suggests a strong rumor, nothing more.

Why? He is rumored to be transferred and this is a 'Transfer Rumor' thread lol.

Is there another thread I don't know about to discuss Transfer Rumors?

Edit: Well now it says "N Y C F C Transfer Rumors Thread"..so whatever. So we can't discuss transfer rumors or MLS transfer rumors in general...only NYCFC transfer rumors only now? Couldn't a lot of rumors theoretically be NYCFC targets? Maybe? Maybe not? This is as silly as taking down the BxLio91 BxLio91 rumor thread...which is still the best thread that has been on here. That thing was all over the place and I loved it. Well the forum police got me lol. Excuse me while I take a snooooze. Maybe a "mod" can delete my posts for me. Grazie.
resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-don-t-care-what-they-say-i-think-you-re-alright-c87e2d.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert and NickA