New England - Postmatch

Only Toronto and Houston won more points at home last year than New England. We just made them drop 2 with our B Team.
Berget is more than fine. He contributed to both goals, especially the second. He had no service. We had less possession on the offensive end than maybe any time since the first season and people are giving up on a backup forward who's coming off an injury.

Ring for sure, he is one man press breaking machine, ofori is by no means a lopez, but he doesn't have the bite to break up plays before they become dangerous like ring, with ring in this game it would have made the press much less effective.
I think everything we are saying about Berget applies to Ofori too. Joined the team late, hasn't played a lot of games, coming in at CDM and trying to receive the ball in perilous positions on crappy turf. I can see him improving on this performance quite a bit. He had spells of good play. In the back end of the first half and at the beginning of the second, he dropped into the hole more often and the whole field breathed a little. I hope the injury wasn't too bad and that we see him grow into the role while Ring is out. That will in turn give Maxi the chance to get forward more often, which will help bring Medina and Berget into the game.

I thought Berget was solid. Really helped me appreciate how well Villa drops deep to help us get the ball out of our own half and spread it to the wings, though.

Agreed on the lack of subs. Felt like Friedel acted first and his subs changed the momentum of the match, at which point bringing on an attacking sub would have been playing with fire. The time to bring on Lewis was around 75-80 mins when the Revs were on the ropes, but Paddy flinched.

Has Shradi done enough to hold down the starting spot when Wallace gets back? Dude really stepped up and showed for the ball in the second half, when his teammates were shrinking. Really impressed so far.

SAS and Sweat are both showing signs of being surprisingly effective going forward but seem good for one or two lapses in concentration per game that seem to cost us goals. Slow to the ball on crosses, and for being as tall as they are, they both seem to get caught under the flight of the ball several times a game.

All in all, great to get a point and so many clear and tractable areas to improve in. Not concerned at all.

Love the potential of the Viking but he’s by far the slowest guy out there.

We got hosed on that no call studs stomp to Chanot. That’s a red with the leg straight.

I think Shradi earned himself a spot in our staring XI.

Will be nice to have Tin & Villa back.

I want another match to see how the team plays without him, but Ring’s absence may prove him to be our first MVP not named Villa.

Will definitely take a point after being behind twice.

Midfield was a bit wishy washy today, both offensively and defensively, so I agree we should do a lot better with the power of The Ring in there again.

I thought Berget did ok. Put himself about and got involved a lot and linked up ok from what I saw.

Still undefeated and top of the league after 4 games?

giphy.gif

For me the really disappointing thing about Ofori was not the fact that he had so many turnovers but the fact that he was not creative or forward-thinking and never attempted a through pass or anything like that. he was having turnovers in very meh passes

In our starting 11 the one who attempted the most offensive passes from midfield was always Herrera

Anyone happen to listen to this on the radio at all? It was high school level. The goal calls were all basically, "something's happen and that might have been a goal. It was a goal!"

You had one guy saying Ber-get and the other saying Ber-jet for the entire first half, and they insisted on calling our leading goal scorer Shradi despite everyone else referring to him as Tajouri.

Also, they must have been locked in a soundproof closed as you couldn't hear any stadium noise, which makes the broadcast very odd.

Thanks for listening.

Reactions: Fake Jew
Fouls 24-11 -- unfortunately thats going to tell the rest of the league what they need to do against us to succeed,

SAS and Sweat are both showing signs of being surprisingly effective going forward but seem good for one or two lapses in concentration per game that seem to cost us goals. Slow to the ball on crosses, and for being as tall as they are, they both seem to get caught under the flight of the ball several times a game.

I wouldn't lump them in together in anyway. SAS has shown two games in a row that he can find space pick his head up and place a cross to a teammate in a legit scoring position. SAS also plays within himself, makes quick decisive decisions, times his overlaps well and doesn't loose the ball trying to dribble through 3 people. Sweat on the other hand repeatedly launches crosses into the box with no plan or target at all. The majority of Sweat's crosses sail clear over the box or into the goalies hands. I thought Sweat was completely exposed today, he is not a starter in this league. To add to his abysmal play he also seems like a total prick, I've never seen a player be as quick as Sweat is to scream at and blame his teammates for things that are clearly his own mistakes.

Anyone happen to listen to this on the radio at all? It was high school level. The goal calls were all basically, "something's happen and that might have been a goal. It was a goal!"

You had one guy saying Ber-get and the other saying Ber-jet for the entire first half, and they insisted on calling our leading goal scorer Shradi despite everyone else referring to him as Tajouri.

Also, they must have been locked in a soundproof closed as you couldn't hear any stadium noise, which makes the broadcast very odd.

Thanks for listening.
I didn't listen, but someone mentioned in the pre thread I think it was, that he said he prefers to go by Shradi.

Sweat are both showing signs of being surprisingly effective going forward but seem good for one or two lapses in concentration per game that seem to cost us goals. Slow to the ball on crosses, and for being as tall as they are, they both seem to get caught under the flight of the ball several times a game.
Sweat was pretty awful in attack, today. He was dawdling on the ball, and he wasn't playing the 1-2 into the winger or midfielders feet . Instead he would turn around and play back to Ofori or Callens .

SAS picked out a perfect cut back. So, so good.

Callens is probably the 4th best footballer on our team .Like, you would take him on your 5 a side .hands down .

I wouldn't lump them in together in anyway. SAS has shown two games in a row that he can find space pick his head up and place a cross to a teammate in a legit scoring position. SAS also plays within himself, makes quick decisive decisions, times his overlaps well and doesn't loose the ball trying to dribble through 3 people. Sweat on the other hand repeatedly launches crosses into the box with no plan or target at all. The majority of Sweat's crosses sail clear over the box or into the goalies hands. I thought Sweat was completely exposed today, he is not a starter in this league. To add to his abysmal play he also seems like a total prick, I've never seen a player be as quick as Sweat is to scream at and blame his teammates for things that are clearly his own mistakes.
As good as SAS looked last week, he was struggling today on defense. I think he’s got real potential to be a baller, but he’s not polished yet and leaves guys unmarked to ghost in.

Sweat had a howler or two on D and also had some really timely interceptions - Par for the course. His offense was subpar compared to other matches - No idea why beyond the fact there were four subs on the field and the entire team looked discombobulated at times.

The biggest problem today was Ofori not trying to go forward, and his back passes allowed NE to keep pushing their high press and pinning us back. No idea if he was told to “do no harm first” and he instinctively went back rather than attempt a threaded pass, but he singlehandledly killed a number of breakouts or semi-sustained offensive forays.