New Large Investment In Cfg From China

Don't really see this affecting NYCFC if I'm honest, the new stadium is totally different as its not like the CFG don't have any money to build a stadium already i think its more to do with them trying to negotiate a location within the 6 borroughs than any financial issues. Basically CFG will make a team in China like NYCFC, then this media company who are investing(they own all the TV rights for every league basically) will be super biased and expand the brand even further, just more marketing and the only way i can see NYCFC being affected is if players transfer from one club to another

By the way, hello to our new sister club! :)

Img214731410.jpg

Img263766829.jpg

Reactions: Gavin23
By the way, hello to our new sister club! :)

Img214731410.jpg

Img263766829.jpg

Wow, I'm not seeing that reported in English media, but this article in Italian says CFG is trying to by Beijing Guoan FC and rename it Beijing City FC.

https://translate.google.com/transl...i-sul-beijing-guoan/120896&edit-text=&act=url

Manchester City is still growing, and according to the South Korean site Naver, the intentions are to take over a club in the Chinese Super League, news that was then also reported by the Chinese media.

The next step could be to China, President Mansour would like to expand its empire football in one of the two strategic areas, Beijing or Shanghai, with the capital that seems to currently favored. Operation course aimed export of Brand Manchester City in the rich Chinese market, which has in the Premier League championship most watched and broadcast by state CCTV5. Also according to the news portal South Korean would be going on for days, a deal for the acquisition of Beijing Guoan team funded by the sports minister, but above all by CITIC Bank, the same involved in the transaction regarding the acquisition of 48% of shares AC Milan at the behest of President Li Shilin. The latter has fired up with regard to the club Beijing: $ 300 million. The transaction is currently stalled, whereas the share price of CITIC Group has recently dropped by 10% and some executives are under investigation for tax fraud.

Beijing Guoan is among the most popular companies in the panorama of China, in the past, before the advent of the Cultural Revolution in 1964, was strongly controlled by the CCP. Initially, the team was called North China, and included elements from Beijing and Tianjin. The weak persuaded the government to separate the two realities, a move that allowed the winning Beijing to snap up championships. Later he became the national team, under the name of Central Sport Institute, participated in the championships without competing for the title. With the resumption of the competition in the '70s and the advent of professionalism in 1994, the influence of the government has become less consistent, limited precisely to a grant from the Sports Minister. None the less one of the teams with more tradition in the new reality of the Chinese Super League, the name of the club has never changed ... until now, with the acquisition by the City Football Group would become Beijing City.

Other properties that may be of interest to the company are the Anglo Arabian SIPG Shanghai and Shanghai Shenhua, while the third team in Shanghai, the Shenxin, has relegated this year. But on this side are not to be initiated negotiations.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1862/premier-league/2015/12/01/17906832/-?

interesting read explaining what the CFG plans to do because of this deal
Pretty detailed read - surprising from goal.com.

I'd be very leery of investing in China right now - that economy is ready for a massive bubble burst - they have entire cities the size of NYC that are empty because everybody thought it was a great idea to build on speculation alone and they sank their nest eggs into it. When it bursts, it's going to make the US construction bubble look like nothing - that's why so many Chinese are trying to buy real estate in the US right now as a safe haven for their investments.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/29/b...e-cash-floods-us-real-estate-market.html?_r=0

Plus, if CFG buys/starts a football team in China, they might as well also purchase the pharma company responsible for the best asthma & lung cancer drugs, because players from that team will have the lung capacity of a 10pack/day smoker that's 85. Any city in China worthy of being the home to the team is going to be air-pollution central.

Currently in Bejing at the US Embassy, the readings at 11pm local time are still in the Hazardous zone of #349-399, down from #418-446 at 5pm (scale only goes to #500).

http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/aqirecent3.html

Pretty detailed read - surprising from goal.com.

When it bursts, it's going to make the US construction bubble look like nothing - that's why so many Chinese are trying to buy real estate in the US right now as a safe haven for their investments.

Another motive for that could be related to the EB-5 visa. A huge percentage of applicants are from China far outweighing any other country. According to CNN the sheer volume of applicants were so high that the annual supply ran out at least to Chinese applicants anyway. The EB-5 visa is a program via which an investment of $500,000 (based on number of jobs, financial status of area, etc) buys a move to the US. For some investors its so their kids have the chance to attend top US colleges. Obviously its had some criticism as a relatively cheap way for the "elite" to take a huge step towards buying citizenship.

Shame I don't have a spare $500,000 otherwise might have looked into it myself.

Another motive for that could be related to the EB-5 visa. A huge percentage of applicants are from China far outweighing any other country. According to CNN the sheer volume of applicants were so high that the annual supply ran out at least to Chinese applicants anyway. The EB-5 visa is a program via which an investment of $500,000 (based on number of jobs, financial status of area, etc) buys a move to the US. For some investors its so their kids have the chance to attend top US colleges. Obviously its had some criticism as a relatively cheap way for the "elite" to take a huge step towards buying citizenship.

Shame I don't have a spare $500,000 otherwise might have looked into it myself.

Most of those applicants are being funded through the Chinese Government.
The long play for the Chinese is world domination.
They already control major assets and Governments in most 3rd and many 2nd world countries.
Until recently the US was just to costly to make an impact.

Interesting. I'm withholding judgment until I see what exactly comes of this, though I have a suspicion that, CFG team in China aside, this deal will affect far less than people think it might. The really curious thing to me is that Mansour/ADUG actually agreed to sell a stake in their business. That was something I didn't see coming.

I believe the sale was a concession to build the business in China. It was the only way it would happen.

Beijing City FC will have a new/renovated stadium before we do.

I believe the sale was a concession to build the business in China. It was the only way it would happen.

UAE and China got loads of big trade deals.. And we can keep in mind that Chinese companies recently got some very nice exploration rights in Abu Dhabi so perhaps this is just a bit of grease on the wheels of industry sort of.
Anyway, 13% is hardly a powerposition when Abu Dhabi owns 87% of CFG

10K workers will also die during it's construction, and the place will deteriorate after 3 years (refer to the Birdcage olympic venue). China has the absolute worst construction practices.

Doing business with the most corrupt government in the world almost never works out in your favor.
Either the low price of oil is taking a toll or it is an attempt to get the Chinese to crack down on the bootlegging of merchandise.

Are you stupid? Why would the Chinese crack down on bootleg merchandise? Bootleg merchandise is a huge part of their economy. If they got rid of those, they'd be semi-fucked.

If they were really trying to stop bootlegging, they'd invest in a team like Barcelona (although whether they invest in anything or not, it won't make a difference... especially because this investment company is not state-owned).

Are you happy being the size of club you are or do you want to be an iconic team ?
I might be a little sarcastic but I'm content with these deals because they increase our exposure. We're already among the league leaders in terms of exposure so being visible in the Chinese market is an advantage over any other team in our league.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Just as an example in the UK nycfc has no presence in the sports. Shops but you can buy new York cosmos stuff still

Reactions: Kjbert
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...up-Sheik-Mansour-gets-early-slice-action.html

Won't see a much better article than this outlining exactly what a sensational deal this is.

Of course that still won't stop ridiculous articles like this being published.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...anchester-city-insist-sheikh-mansour-10530980

I can't believe the Manchester Evening News of all publications felt the need to gain a quote insisting Sheikh Mansour/CFG won't pull out. You would have to be an utter idiot (like the majority of people who go to Old Trafford) to suggest that. The whole concept of CFG followed by deals like this couldn't be a bigger indication of long term involvement. As its been pointed out this is better than signing players, managers, etc maybe not every decision is right in terms of on field production. However is about business and when it comes to pure off field business (and mostly on field) these people don't fail. Sheikh Mansour obviously isn't involved in every decision (as the Mail points out he's rather preoccupied running a country) but you can sure as hell believe he had a major input here.

As for 13% its really an insignificant detail unless you believe in silly superstitions.

CFG aren't wasting potential in China (indeed its been revolutionised) and they won't waste the potential in the US/New York either.

Last edited: