New Swag

new prematch top. very busy. didn't block out an area for sponsor or crest, which i'm ok with. just different from what they seem to normally do.

1712676074438.png

new prematch top. very busy. didn't block out an area for sponsor or crest, which i'm ok with. just different from what they seem to normally do.

View attachment 13265
Now I wish I blinded myself during the eclipse.

I'm finally getting around to workin on a "neon" sign to hang on the wall. maybe even turn it into a "fan station" to keep scarves and display various freebies like spiderman figure and the borough pins.

I wasn't sure what I should do for the sign. Choices were the standard crest, the monogram, or a custom design using the new branding fonts and iconology. I mocked up the standard crest last night. it mimics the image in the match photos (first pic below). My mockup photo (second pic) is just a render. I have yet to figure out how I want to run the wiring and everything. As designed, it will be about 22 inches in diameter, which i think works out pretty nicely for an at home wall decor.

Just wondering if anybody had any thoughts with regards to changes to the crest or ideas for a custom design using the new branding elements. I think a simple sign with just NEW YORK CITY FC (pigeon), would be nice too. But I went with the official crest because I wanted to see that star shining bright!

Comments are appreciated! I'll be pecking away at this over the next few weeks as I find the time.

1713892550180.png

1713892701894.png

Reactions: Joe_Cos
I'm finally getting around to workin on a "neon" sign to hang on the wall. maybe even turn it into a "fan station" to keep scarves and display various freebies like spiderman figure and the borough pins.

I wasn't sure what I should do for the sign. Choices were the standard crest, the monogram, or a custom design using the new branding fonts and iconology. I mocked up the standard crest last night. it mimics the image in the match photos (first pic below). My mockup photo (second pic) is just a render. I have yet to figure out how I want to run the wiring and everything. As designed, it will be about 22 inches in diameter, which i think works out pretty nicely for an at home wall decor.

Just wondering if anybody had any thoughts with regards to changes to the crest or ideas for a custom design using the new branding elements. I think a simple sign with just NEW YORK CITY FC (pigeon), would be nice too. But I went with the official crest because I wanted to see that star shining bright!

Comments are appreciated! I'll be pecking away at this over the next few weeks as I find the time.

View attachment 13306

View attachment 13307
I think your mockup looks great. I think it will come off better than the monogram. I don't think any added elements would make it better, and I think the new branding materials work best as separate supplementary pieces.

I'm curious:is neon building a skill related to your work or a hobby.

Reactions: Schwallacus
I think your mockup looks great. I think it will come off better than the monogram. I don't think any added elements would make it better, and I think the new branding materials work best as separate supplementary pieces.

I'm curious:is neon building a skill related to your work or a hobby.

good points. i think i made the right choice going with the crest + star. will update as I make more progress.

to answer your question, this is a hobby but this not true neon glasswork. it's just flexible LEDs made to mimic neon signs. I dabble in electronics and maker stuff as a hobby. i'll be using my 3D printers to print the structural aspects of this sign.