New York City Fc Sign Colombian Midfielder Javier Calle

I got him on FIFA last night and they have him listed as a LB with decent pace which I found odd. The LB part.
My guess is he is more a winger or left midfielder with capable left back ability. Always good to be versatile. I would love for him to play defense behind Villa on the left side. That would be a dangerous side.

Reactions: Kjbert
Also, no mention of whether it is a loan or not. Mind numbingly bad fan communications
What!?! Dude don't be like every other MLS fan and media person. It clearly says its a loan. Just go to the website article. Twitter is only 140 characters you can't write a book in the post.

My guess is he is more a winger or left midfielder with capable left back ability. Always good to be versatile. I would love for him to play defense behind Villa on the left side. That would be a dangerous side.
In the video he definitely has a great awareness of the field. Great first touch as well. Guess that trip to South America paid off.

Reactions: Paul
You think he is walking into the Starting XI? Or will he be fighting for time?

I think Calle will be competing with Grabavoy and Seba Velasquez for time.

Reactions: Kjbert

Are you thinkin a 4-4-2 Diamond with Villa as a LS and Calle as the LW/LM in that formation?

This is the type of signing to get excited about, a young kid with tremendous upside not even in his prime yet. I see this as the huge advantage of our organization, having an expansive scouting system and a great eye for talent. And at team level, we have a coaching staff deft at grooming and creatively utilizing developing players. Improvements in areas like media skills and communication with the fan base are (or should be) easy fixes, but having an infrastructure built to make crafty personnel decisions is what you (or at least I) really want as a fan.