Nick Cushing Named Interim Head Coach (July '22) / Head Coach (November '22)

What Are Your Thoughts on Cushing as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Really Pleased

• Pleased

• Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Displeased

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters
Well, shit Kevin, that stinks. You're a good dude, and no matter how this turns out, it's going to suck to go through it, and that alone is more than you deserve. Seems like you are now on top of things and fighting the good fight. I will be praying for you too.
Thanks, Gator. It will be alright. I'm not in the least bit afraid of dying. It's not using the rest of my time wisely which troubles me. I plan on making sure I do what I should be doing. In the meantime, your prayers are very much appreciated. 🙏

Reactions: FootyLovin
Re-set the poll for the new season...
Really quite displeased.

does anyone know what Cushing’s coaching strength (supposedly) is? Some are expert tacticians. Others are great man-managers. Some have a distinctive style (think Mourinho) that they infuse in their team. What is Cushing known for?

Before this his highlight was coaching Man City Women, which I am assuming is a case of assembling talent greater than others and letting them play. This is not the ask for NYCFC. If the FO is going to treat its signings like it’s scotch, they need a developmental coach. Is this what Cushing is known for? He’s been here 60+ games and I still don’t know what he stands for.

I suppose the question would be, how many games in a row do we lose before he loses the job?

it cant be much more can it? because if he goes like 0-6 thats like season over realm already in March.

Really quite displeased.

does anyone know what Cushing’s coaching strength (supposedly) is? Some are expert tacticians. Others are great man-managers. Some have a distinctive style (think Mourinho) that they infuse in their team. What is Cushing known for?

Before this his highlight was coaching Man City Women, which I am assuming is a case of assembling talent greater than others and letting them play. This is not the ask for NYCFC. If the FO is going to treat its signings like it’s scotch, they need a developmental coach. Is this what Cushing is known for? He’s been here 60+ games and I still don’t know what he stands for.

"His style" and "what he claims his style is" are two different things. He claims to want to play one way, then actually sets the team up a different way. His style is incomprehensible.

it cant be much more can it? because if he goes like 0-6 thats like season over realm already in March.

Our next four games are Toronto (H), Cincy (A), Miami (A), and Atlanta (H). Have to figure we get at least one win out of that group, but we have a legit chance to be something like 2-5-0 -- or worse -- through seven games.

I imagine he might lose the locker room too before we go that far. The veiled and not so veiled criticism between Keaton and Cushing after the last game is telling.

I imagine he might lose the locker room too before we go that far. The veiled and not so veiled criticism between Keaton and Cushing after the last game is telling.

keaton's quotes tells me Cushing practically lost it already.

Our next four games are Toronto (H), Cincy (A), Miami (A), and Atlanta (H). Have to figure we get at least one win out of that group, but we have a legit chance to be something like 2-5-0 -- or worse -- through seven games.

they are not winning any of those away games with the way they are playing. a draw at most. its literally must win for cushing this satruday

Our next four games are Toronto (H), Cincy (A), Miami (A), and Atlanta (H). Have to figure we get at least one win out of that group, but we have a legit chance to be something like 2-5-0 -- or worse -- through seven games
our chances of winning any of these games the way we are playing are slim. TFC are flying high with inform insigne. FCC are a solid side although they've lost some key players. Miami are miami and if we sit back like we do and defend deep, it's game over. we'll be lucky if it's not a blowout. atlanta have a good side as well.

overall - each of these teams are in better form than us and even if they don't win, they look better playing than we do with at least an identity and style. we are just chaotic.

what exactly did he say? all i've seen is the quote about him thinking wolf should have stayed on longer. i didn't think that alone should be taken as a dig against cushing.

our chances of winning any of these games the way we are playing are slim. TFC are flying high with inform insigne. FCC are a solid side although they've lost some key players. Miami are miami and if we sit back like we do and defend deep, it's game over. we'll be lucky if it's not a blowout. atlanta have a good side as well.

overall - each of these teams are in better form than us and even if they don't win, they look better playing than we do with at least an identity and style. we are just chaotic.

what exactly did he say? all i've seen is the quote about him thinking wolf should have stayed on longer. i didn't think that alone should be taken as a dig against cushing.
Parks:
“I think we have a lot of young guys that don't know how to play for results. … We need to grind out [expletive] results and not just bask in one-goal leads and [expletive].”

Cushing:
“We weren't intense enough in those moments, especially when the ball's coming into the midfield with Keaton Parks and Andrés Perea,(..)
That's why we put Justin Haak in, just to get more competition, get more competitive in the middle of the field, because I actually don't think the game was overly tactical.

“I think when we pushed them back and put them under pressure, they kicked the ball long. But when we sat and we weren't aggressive and we were a little bit passive, they played through us and we're not at our Most Unexceptional when we do that. You can see in the first and the second half we're not a team that plays passive and waits and plays on counterattack. We don't do that very well.”

Parks:
“I think we have a lot of young guys that don't know how to play for results. … We need to grind out [expletive] results and not just bask in one-goal leads and [expletive].”

Cushing:
“We weren't intense enough in those moments, especially when the ball's coming into the midfield with Keaton Parks and Andrés Perea,(..)
That's why we put Justin Haak in, just to get more competition, get more competitive in the middle of the field, because I actually don't think the game was overly tactical.

“I think when we pushed them back and put them under pressure, they kicked the ball long. But when we sat and we weren't aggressive and we were a little bit passive, they played through us and we're not at our Most Unexceptional when we do that. You can see in the first and the second half we're not a team that plays passive and waits and plays on counterattack. We don't do that very well.”

I don't see how what parks said is against cushing..

We do have young guys. We let off the gas pedal and never really recovered from it until they tied up the game.

I don't see how what parks said is against cushing..

We do have young guys. We let off the gas pedal and never really recovered from it until they tied up the game.
I agree he was mostly upset at the kids. I wonder which of our many he was referencing, amongst the four who were on and the four who came on. He did call out Cushing on one point - saying he would have kept Wolf on.