NYCFC 2021 MLS Cup Champions

As far as I'm concerned, next year this team is largely free of criticism. They have earned the right to not be unfairly hassled or criticized for one season after winning MLS Cup. Take that negativity and put it somewhere else in 2022. We're MLS Cup champions.

next year is all about CCL and Campeones Cup hehehe

Reactions: Kjbert
next year is all about CCL and Campeones Cup hehehe

if we win campeones cup and CCL, would you be ok with not making the playoffs?

i think that'd be a fair trade off. But i don't think it would happen that way (though teams who do well in CCL in the past have usually dropped in MLS standings).

Reactions: Kjbert
if we win campeones cup and CCL, would you be ok with not making the playoffs?

i think that'd be a fair trade off. But i don't think it would happen that way (though teams who do well in CCL in the past have usually dropped in MLS standings).

Its pretty documented that teams who make a run in CCL struggle with the regular season to try to balance both competitions. Philly was an outlier this year.

No MLS team has ever won CCL, which makes it harder to swallow because teams go for it, don’t bring home the trophy, and then have a tough regular season because of it.

Its pretty documented that teams who make a run in CCL struggle with the regular season to try to balance both competitions. Philly was an outlier this year.

No MLS team has ever won CCL, which makes it harder to swallow because teams go for it, don’t bring home the trophy, and then have a tough regular season because of it.
Was Philly an outlier this year just because they were an outlier? Or did the change in scheduling format impact it?

I don't know what the right answer is, just a consideration.

Was Philly an outlier this year just because they were an outlier? Or did the change in scheduling format impact it?

I don't know what the right answer is, just a consideration.

format. the quarters were like in April/ May and the semis were like in August. before everthing would be done by late May.

Reactions: canchon and moogoo
It was a lot of fun seeing so many blasts from the past cheering us on and celebrating us (Dome, Mix, Ibeagha, Mikey, Velasquez, etc.) Was anyone surprised/intrigued by anyone in particular who did or didn’t join in? I’m only on Twitter and not Insta so I am sure I missed a ton.

I honestly think what would annoy RB fans the most is if we just ignore them as irrelevant at this point. It was cute to banter when we were the new kids in the state. We are now punching in different weight classes. From the posts on social media today, it even looks like they are using our success as evidence of their failure. Good times! My tifo would say [NOT WORTH THE PAINT].
This post seems like a good way to express what to me what was the one thing that I found disappointing at the match yesterday after winning the Cup. This may make me very unpopular but… Why the hell are we wasting our breath on chanting, F@€% the Red Bull’s”?The last thing on my mind was the Jersey Cows. We could have been chanting, “New York are Champions”, the names of our players, whatever… it made it seem like they own space in our heads even at the pinnacle of this clubs success.

Sean Johnson absolute GOAT NYC LEGEND!!!

Very happy for all of you diehards!!!!

What an insane game especially for all you LEGENDS who traveled to Portland 3000 miles away.

Love Taty but he needs to chill a little with the flops. Ah fuck it………HE SCORES GOALS LETS GO TATY!!

It was a lot of fun seeing so many blasts from the past cheering us on and celebrating us (Dome, Mix, Ibeagha, Mikey, Velasquez, etc.) Was anyone surprised/intrigued by anyone in particular who did or didn’t join in? I’m only on Twitter and not Insta so I am sure I missed a ton.
I don't see anything from ring which makes me sad.

This post seems like a good way to express what to me what was the one thing that I found disappointing at the match yesterday after winning the Cup. This may make me very unpopular but… Why the hell are we wasting our breath on chanting, F@€% the Red Bull’s”?The last thing on my mind was the Jersey Cows. We could have been chanting, “New York are Champions”, the names of our players, whatever… it made it seem like they own space in our heads even at the pinnacle of this clubs success.

That happened at the watch party. People started chanting about the red bulls, and other people chimed in. "Who cares about them? They're a non-factor now. They're irrelevant." I enjoyed that.