NYCFC Academy - General Discussion

ooof this might be bad. Academy kids now see you can go straight to europe from academy/ college instead of taking the james sands route, which is wait a few years first team minutes and only get loaned to europe.

Gio did the same thing. You can go either route. Sands and Reyna have proven that either route works depending on your talent level.

Reactions: Kjbert
Assuming the kid isn't getting very bad advice, the only rational explanation for this is that NYCFC was not that interested/not willing to guarantee a first-team spot. Mid-table SPL...

We tried signing him to a HG deal.

Or maybe he didn't want to play in MLS. Maybe we wanted an immediate move to Europe.

i think this is it, they will be offered HG contract (or an even better contract) but if a kid wants to go to Europe they will go to Europe and there really is nothing that can be done. No matter how much money they offer.

It looks like Polvara was not offered a HG contract, at least that is how i read it
View attachment 11812

Could be. or could also be that he didnt accept the deal. and wanted to go to europe instead of taking the HG deal. its all speculation unless he says himself if he was offered one or not.

I’ve been told directly that he was offered a HG deal. Someone else told me directly that it wasn’t a First Team deal.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
And I will admit to being a dumbass in understanding roster rules and I don’t think that those two items contradict each other.

My guess is that I misunderstood the “HG offer” with my simpleton thinking.

I’ve been told directly that he was offered a HG deal. Someone else told me directly that it wasn’t a First Team deal.

if it was not first team deal so he was offered a NYCFC 2 spot? if so then i see why he preferred to go to scotland to their first team.

So he wasn’t good enough for NYCFC.
But He is good enough for a Scottish Premier League team.
James Sands was good enough to be on a NYCFC MLS Cup team and chose to go to to the SPL.
I know we’ve been over the Sands loan a bunch… this wrinkle just makes me scratch the wound again.

James Sands was good enough to be on a NYCFC MLS Cup team and chose to go to to the SPL.
I know we’ve been over the Sands loan a bunch… this wrinkle just makes me scratch the wound again.
NYCFC is not Chicago Fire.
1642102896637.png

I think James Sands walking into the starting lineup of a top of the table, semi competitive in Europe side is different than Ian Harkes. Cristian Ramirez and and Dante Polvara.

Bad advice?

giphy.gif

Youngest signing in MLS league history.