NYCFC Academy - General Discussion

Justin Haak is Luca Modric. He's fantastic. I don't know if he's a real 6. Where do you play him?

Sands is a CB through and through. Especially in our system. Scally looks sharp up the right. Is #77 Nico the Striker? Who is #30? I like his pace.

Gio pressing. Not looking good.

Reactions: Victors87
Unreal. No foul on Haak's goal, but it's waved off.
I didn’t see it either.

I think Haak is more Rakitic than Modric. But he’s definitely the better midfield prospect between he and Sands.

The back And midfield are great. Our front three is no so great. At all. (Yes, I’m saying that about 17 year olds, so imagine how I’d like to really describe them).

I bet Will Sands goes on to a good career in college soccer.

Reactions: LionNYC and Kjbert
Wtf??? She gave scally a 2nd yellow after awarding it to him by mistake??? This is so bad.

Ok, glad she fixed it. Ridiculous

Reactions: LionNYC
She has been miserable. Awful reffing.

I too think Haak is the better midfielder. But Sands is fantastic defensively and in distribution. A perfect CB for us. Controls the game from the backline.

Our Front 4 is abysmal.

Haak has been playing really well, I also thought scally has been making nice runs in behind the galaxy defense, but full credit to their defence- some really talented defenders in that bunch.
When I met Haak during the RSL game (They were in the bleachers with me and I saw their coach and asked to meet him, 'twas awkward but super cool #noregrets), he said how it's important during big games (CA-VA-NIIII CA-VA-NII was what I asked him about) to keep cool, and that when in the middle of a game, you get lost and don't even hear the fans sometimes- you just get into a groove, into the moment and everything just happens.
Well, I can definitely see that in his display tonight, him and some of the other players.

Reactions: LionNYC and adam
She has been miserable. Awful reffing.

I too think Haak is the better midfielder. But Sands is fantastic defensively and in distribution. A perfect CB for us. Controls the game from the backline.

Our Front 4 is abysmal.
I won’t say his name, but let’s call him “Bill Zands” is not a positive standout. Nor is the striker.

Reactions: Kjbert
A kick out by the LA Galaxy defender after losing the ball then goes down for an injury to milk not being shown a second yellow.

The referee has been all over this place and we should have already won 1-0. Keep fighting boys!

Reactions: Kjbert