Nycfc Announces First Known Games. Ccc15

Does anyone know what format the competition will take? Each team plays the others once, whoever takes the most points is in the finals? However it is set up, A week in Charleston, I'm up for it.

Not quite. Everyone plays each other once, but there's no finals. It's a league format only. Top of the table after three games each and you win it.

Thanks, I"m looking at being there from thursday till thursday; so I wouldn't have been able to stay for a "final". I read that the stadium in charleston has a 5000 capacity, hopefully getting tickets won't be difficult.

Thanks, I"m looking at being there from thursday till thursday; so I wouldn't have been able to stay for a "final". I read that the stadium in charleston has a 5000 capacity, hopefully getting tickets won't be difficult.
I doubt the tickets will be hard to get. I'm looking to go for 4 days Fri-Mon so I'll likely only be there for the opening day and maybe Sunday. I've got to be honest though, if it were anywhere but Charleston I would probably not head down.

I think tickets go on sale on November 27th on the Charleston Battery website.

I doubt the tickets will be hard to get. I'm looking to go for 4 days Fri-Mon so I'll likely only be there for the opening day and maybe Sunday. I've got to be honest though, if it were anywhere but Charleston I would probably not head down.
Charleston was the deciding factor for me; I've been wanting to get there for a while now. A little vacation for us from the NY winter, and a few games to see. Win Win.

Pernetti told media today at the jersey event that NYCFC's 1st official MLS match would be away.

Find it a little bizarre how there's outrage from some over a shirt (which was expected color and to an extent style) and not one complaint about first game being away from NY. As I've said probably won't be there myself (this isn't anger more bemusement) but I'm amazed the vast majority of fans don't seem to mind. Its not like 10,000 are going to travel to first game after all.

Find it a little bizarre how there's outrage from some over a shirt (which was expected color and to an extent style) and not one complaint about first game being away from NY. As I've said probably won't be there myself (this isn't anger more bemusement) but I'm amazed the vast majority of fans don't seem to mind. Its not like 10,000 are going to travel to first game after all.
Because home games in NYCFC in March are no fun? I've been telling you guys for months that the first game would be away, shouldn't be a shocker.

At the end of the day, half the games will be at home. I don't think the first game location is a big deal for most of us.

Right well I'm sure people will have more fun watching it on Tv then.

I get that its not considered a big deal but compare it to all this hoopla over the obvious colour of a kit.

Seattle and Toronto played their first MLS matches away from home. It's not a big deal to me, but it really does not matter much at this point.

Seattle and Toronto played their first MLS matches away from home. It's not a big deal to me, but it really does not matter much at this point.

So did Philadelphia wonder if its intentional from MLS for some odd reason.

Reactions: Kjbert
Right well I'm sure people will have more fun watching it on Tv then.

I get that its not considered a big deal but compare it to all this hoopla over the obvious colour of a kit.
Is there a tv deal yet? With the Yankees partnership will the games be shown on YES? That might be tough because of Yankees/Nets though.

I wonder if Orlando will be home or on the road? It's warmer there obviously.

Yes, both Pernetti and Reyna said it Thursday