Nycfc Coaching Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could you imagine us getting Miguel Herrara? I would fucking love it lol. But it wont happen...

piojo.gif

he doesnt speak english, his whole deal is him talking to players more than anything not actual coaching, thats how he gets the most out of them

EDIT: thought it would be interesting to see him taking over for the reactions.

Hmm to play devil's advocate, would a losing, shitty NYCFC team be useful for Man City?

IF you're going to use NYCFC as a farm team, then you're not going to care about stats or winning. The priority would be logging in minutes for the players that you send over to keep up their fitness and develop their skills. CFG can run the same offensive / defensive sets with NYCFC as they do in Man City and when CFG calls up a player, that player would be ready to play with minimal adjustment.

MLS doesn't have promotion / relegation anyways so if NYCFC sits in the "relegation zone" every year, who cares? CFG will just keep throwing money at their "farm team".

I posted this in another thread, but it seems worth bringing up here.

CFG didn't pay $100 million to set up a farm team. They are here in NY to build a top sports franchise. They want that $100 million investment to turn into a $1 billion enterprise. They won't get there by keeping us at the bottom of the table. They need to build a franchise that is associated with winning, contending for championships and attracting the best players. They need to be the Dallas Cowboys or NY Yankees of soccer. That's a tall order, and they might not even get close, but they aren't going to trash the franchise just to help Man City.

It can't be a European - my way or the Eurorail - kind of guy.

i.e. it can't be a kind of European who is going to dictate to the American players in a way they find off putting and therefore start tuning out the coach. That is, that in hiring someone from Europe, you need to be sensitive to the cultural differences between the states and the continent. If you find a guy who can bridge that - and I am sure there are many - then great. But it is not a factor to ignore.

You seem to think that statement was saying any European coach would not be appropriate. If you read it clearly, it is not what I said.
What about a non-European authoritarian type of guy?

IF you're going to use NYCFC as a farm team, then you're not going to care about stats or winning. The priority would be logging in minutes for the players that you send over to keep up their fitness and develop their skills. CFG can run the same offensive / defensive sets with NYCFC as they do in Man City and when CFG calls up a player, that player would be ready to play with minimal adjustment.

MLS doesn't have promotion / relegation anyways so if NYCFC sits in the "relegation zone" every year, who cares? CFG will just keep throwing money at their "farm team".
Haha, if the return is "you have players that are developing and keeping up their fitness" then that seems like a fucking terrible return on investment and there are way easier ways to do that. They're rich, not idiotic.

Can we first please stop mis-spelling his name? It's Vieira not Viera (and yes that is also in reference to me.

I can see why a lot of people are questioning this move but at the same time we should also see what he's done with the Elite Youth Setup at MCFC and how they've done in the European competitions. I say yes towards it because I honestly think he can bring a lot out of the team. Kreis has no idea what he's doing and doesn't even know who to play. Too many people now are saying "yes let's keep Kreis" but two months ago everyone was saying FUCK HIM. I say give the job to Vieira.

Jeez, why is this so hard and people being so f^&*ing dense?

Truth #1
Yes. CFG wants NYCFC to be successful. Very much so. They did not spend all this money to build a pure farm team, feeder team, development team, etc. NYCFC winning is a high priority for CFG.

Truth #2
There will be times when NYCFC's interests and those of MCFC are not perfectly congruent, and when that happens MCFC wins. See, Lampard Loan Extension (Dec 31, 2014).

Conclusion: CFG can be highly motivated to want NYCFC to succeed and to win and they will nevertheless -- on occasion -- take actions to undermine that goal.

But guess what, there are even more countervailing truths!!!
Truth #3
Despite Truth 2 and the above Conclusion, there will be benefits to CFG ownership and MCFC affiliation that may or may not outweigh the downsides.

Conclusion 2
Nobody has enough info to judge yet.

But if you think stating Truth 1 disproves Truth 2 or its conclusion, you don't logic well.

Last edited:
Someone has some anger they need to let out ....

Not everyone was saying kick him and out, and not everyone is saying to keep him... It's not the same people changing their mind. Broad general statements are easy to make.

It's pretty clear those who hate him will continue crying and vice versa.

We can all agree this year was a little more messy than it needed to be. Not saying we should have done way better, but stumbles all around...

Whatever happens I believe we will only improve, with or without Kreis, just my opinion

Someone has some anger they need to let out ....

Not everyone was saying kick him and out, and not everyone is saying to keep him... It's not the same people changing their mind. Broad general statements are easy to make.

It's pretty clear those who hate him will continue crying and vice versa.

We can all agree this year was a little more messy than it needed to be. Not saying we should have done way better, but stumbles all around...

Whatever happens I believe we will only improve, with or without Kreis, just my opinion
Sorry, if this makes me an ass. But isn't your whole post a broad general statement?

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Kreis would make for a good USMNT manager, I think, but if that's where he ends up, he'd probably put our red, white and blue Poku dreams to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.