Nycfc Coaching Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those 2 won a MLS cup, finalists in CCL, USOC & MLS cup together. I wish we had that.
I wish we had the part that was responsible for those accolades

I wish we had Arnold instead of Danny devito. Felix instead of Oscar.

The brain, instead of pinky?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
Wow - interesting move for him.

Is that a better job than what he had? If he moves them into Ligue 1, then he's done a good job and then maybe that's his reasoning?

Wow - interesting move for him.

Is that a better job than what he had? If he moves them into Ligue 1, then he's done a good job and then maybe that's his reasoning?

Yeah seems like a weird move to me, but Le Havre are sitting 4th and he might get them promoted. I'd imagine the club thinks his style will work better in Ligue 1 if they can pull of the promotion.

Reactions: Kjbert
This would be his new workplace
Stade-du-Havre_nuit.jpg

Preki wouldn't be bad, although I don't think he's "name brand" enough.

Too bad we can't lure Pareja from Dallas and give him full run of the team and academy. While FCD has had a strong academy since before him, he has done wonders incorporating new talent into first team football.

He's probably the best man for the job, but I don't know that he would ever take it. I think he'd be a great one to take over the US program, or really any program.

Sadly, we have the slowest team in MLS, by far, thanks largely to the non-CFG acquisitions. As a result, Oscar would need several years to get the squad molded into one who could play his preferred style. That said, Mix is tailor-made for this style with his work rate and natural inclination to play one and two touches. And could you imagine Poku playing a forward destroyer role as some of us were shouting since early season? His physicality and direct style would have CBs going all Parkhurst vs. Impact regularly. A three of Poku, Mix and Angelino (we hardly knew ye) would have been nasty behind Villa/Mullins. Again, the rest of the squad couldn't keep up this year, but I'm just daydreaming about us in the front third. Don't poopoo this for me.

I will confess. I appreciate the idea of playing the beautiful game with possession. But I love gegenpressing. Not for this squad, mind. But it would be so much fun to eventually have a squad with blistering pace that suffocated opponents and took advantage of the MLS-standard play out of the back. Oh shit, did I just credit RBNJ with playing fun football? I guess I did. Welp, roxfontaine , let me know when you'll be coming by to pick up my card. ;)

Last edited:
No. Bradley would not last with CFG for one month. CFG needs a yes man, Kreis and Bradley are not Yes men.

I said this elsewhere, but I disagree. CFG needs someone strong willed, but aligned with management. Kreis was neither of these things. He couldn't control his players and isn't the kind of guy that would challenge MLS leaders for changes benefiting a big market club.

Kreis was a soft willed toward the league and his players, and strong willed toward CFG. Of course he was going to get fired.

I expect a much bigger persona to be brought in that CFG is familiar with and knows they won't have to fight with on their vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.