NYCFC Confirm Departure of PV. Nice Confirm Arrival of PV as Manager.

If he's agreed to a contract and it's completely done, he should absolutely, under no circumstances coach this team on Saturday. This isn't a "I'll do you a favor" thing. He's out the door. There's no two-week notice in soccer. He's leaving. Why are we letting a lame duck coach the team? He's gone. He doesn't want to be here anymore, and he shouldn't be on the touchline.

It's not an anger thing, it's just common sense in sports. He's out.

Also, we've been living with these rumors for a month. Surely the club hasn't been burying its head in the sand over the last 4 weeks. Where's the replacement? Surely we haven't been caught with our pants down on this. Surely we have someone in the pipeline ready to go. Right?

Right?

Right?

Right?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: adam
He’s coaching Saturday because the club has its pants down and has no one else.

A lame duck coach. Wow. No wonder the team has looked flat and uninterested, would you want to take orders from a guy who already is out the door?

A lame duck coach. Wow. No wonder the team has looked flat and uninterested, would you want to take orders from a guy who already is out the door?
I think the deal is done and he's coaching Saturday, but CFG has a replacement. CFG covets secrecy and order. I think the Nice deal was done 2-3 weeks ago but not signed so no league or FA had to be told. CFG has someone. I don't know who, but he's also unofficially signed and has been studying the team. He comes in with 2 weeks before the first game. I don't think this all helps as much as CFG thinks it does, especially if PV also takes his staff, but that's how I think it went down. If you're right and he goes and the club says "we need a few days" to hire someone, then it's an absolute fiasco.

If he's agreed to a contract and it's completely done, he should absolutely, under no circumstances coach this team on Saturday. This isn't a "I'll do you a favor" thing. He's out the door. There's no two-week notice in soccer. He's leaving. Why are we letting a lame duck coach the team? He's gone. He doesn't want to be here anymore, and he shouldn't be on the touchline.

It's not an anger thing, it's just common sense in sports. He's out.

Also, we've been living with these rumors for a month. Surely the club hasn't been burying its head in the sand over the last 4 weeks. Where's the replacement? Surely we haven't been caught with our pants down on this. Surely we have someone in the pipeline ready to go. Right?

Right?
Where did you get this idea? If your logic is universally true, Pep wouldn’t have been allowed to coach Munich the remaining season when he signed with ManCity.
like your sarcasm though

Reactions: Christopher Jee

They should have kicked him to the curb, and Reyna should have dusted off his cleats and monogrammed jacked for Saturday. He can lead for that one match.

Reactions: canchon and Kjbert
Where did you get this idea? If your logic is universally true, Pep wouldn’t have been allowed to coach Munich the remaining season when he signed with ManCity.
like your sarcasm though

I think coaching the rest of the season is slightly more defensible. But leaving after the game is a ridiculous notion. Absolutely ridiculous. The club should be aghast at this, because we know the fans are. If this isn't true, I take it all back. But there's way too much smoke for this to be nothing.

I think the deal is done and he's coaching Saturday, but CFG has a replacement. CFG covets secrecy and order. I think the Nice deal was done 2-3 weeks ago but not signed so no league or FA had to be told. CFG has someone. I don't know who, but he's also unofficially signed and has been studying the team. He comes in with 2 weeks before the first game. I don't think this all helps as much as CFG thinks it does, especially if PV also takes his staff, but that's how I think it went down. If you're right and he goes and the club says "we need a few days" to hire someone, then it's an absolute fiasco.

Maybe they even took an Instagram photo together

Reactions: adam
I'd like to bring up my original semi-joking list of Kreis Out managers.

Number 1 has medical problems, Number 2 is dead, Number 3 is in Russia for the World Cup, Number 5 is going to Nice, Number 6 just signed for West Ham.

So it's either Ian Joy or someone from the NCAA!

1) Sir Alex Ferguson: No matter how many zeros are in the check, he would do such a thing to Man United supporters, even if we're just a sister club of Man City. But he's available and he's the best option.
2) Tony DiCicco: Sure he was the head coach of the women's national team, but he brought together the best players to win it all. Sounds familiar? And it would be more fun and exciting to watch that Kreis who gives the worst press conferences ever.
3) Alexi Lalas: We'd be the best team in the league at set pieces, set pieces, set pieces. It's time for him to get into the coaching ring.
4) Ian Paul Joy: He'd be as good of a coach as Alexi but he knows the team more, maybe he has the answers.
5) Patrick Vieira: Man City EDS coach, now I'm just drawing out of thin air. But he was on an NYCFC video talking about Angelino and Facey so there's a chance.
6) Manuel Pellegrini: Maybe if he can't do it for mother bear, he can do it for the cub.
7) Someone from the NCAA: Because they do it all the time in other American sport leagues.

Guys. He's gone. Ignore all the bullshit and use your energy to find out who is coaching us on the 26th.

man.....literally the first press conference after these rumors started when he said he was "committed" i knew he was out