NYCFC Confirm Departure of PV. Nice Confirm Arrival of PV as Manager.

To say that you would only be ok with this move if Vieria went to one of the best managerial positions in all of football is crazy.

You don't just disagree with my opinion -- you believe it's crazy!

Can you provide me with some examples in recent years, in ANY professional sport, of a manager or head coach leaving a team mid-season for a different head coaching job (excluding national teams)? There might be -- I have no idea -- just couldn't think of one off the top of my head.

You don't just disagree with my opinion -- you believe it's crazy!

Can you provide me with some examples in recent years, in ANY professional sport, of a manager or head coach leaving a team mid-season for a different head coaching job (excluding national teams)? There might be -- I have no idea -- just couldn't think of one off the top of my head.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42958735

"Barnsley say they are "shocked" by manager Paul Heckingbottom's departure to Leeds - which came just three days after he signed a new rolling contract."

Now THAT'S cold... (spoilers: Leeds sacked him at the end of the season)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42958735

"Barnsley say they are "shocked" by manager Paul Heckingbottom's departure to Leeds - which came just three days after he signed a new rolling contract."

Now THAT'S cold... (spoilers: Leeds sacked him at the end of the season)
After he won the Johnstone's Paint trophy!

Note, by the way, that he had a release clause in his contract that Leeds fulfilled. If PV had similar, I'd take back my complaints. Don't give a guy a release clause, then be shocked when he uses it!

I don't think Nice qualify as "Giants" of anything though they still are a bigger club than us as much as we hate to admit t based on budget etc. Guy is French he's going home and so on. I appreciate what he did for us and there is a possibility of a backslide now but there's also a possibility we replace him wisely and find someone who can take us the next step that many of us were convinced he could not because of lack of tactical flexibility. I wish him the best for the most part though of course I don't want to see Nice overtake Marseille and in the same vein don't want him to convince Ballotelli to stay on (He's a rumored target for my L'OM and one I really want to see came off)

No More KRISTAIN WILSON neither what will we do ? Just when I think I might give him a break . Oh Well !!

What bugs me about the timing of this is that Nice is a mid-table club that Vieira has no previous connection to. If he was leaving for the France job, for Arsenal, for PSG, Barca or similar, I'd understand the timing.

Between the end of the MLS season and the end of the European season, they'll be at least a dozen openings similar to or better than Nice.

But he jumped at the first thing he saw.

Those openings may be with teams fighting off relegation or in a downward spiral, you really think he is going to that?

Reactions: Falastur
PV thinks Lewis is difficult to deal with.

Really hope he gets to coach Balotelli.

Solely based on that relationship, Nice would be fun to follow if anyone outside of France wrote about them. But they don’t. Because Nice doesn’t matter.

As soon as Seri is gone, not much at all left there.

On paper this seems to be a good choice. Former player, pedigree as an assistant coach with premier clubs, and a Spanish link which helps with Villa.

From the Man City website: https://www.mancity.com/domenec-torrent#profile-bio

“ ASSISTANT COACH ”

Domenec Torrent has been named as one of four Assistant Coaches. Torrent, the grandson of a former Barcelona player, has worked closely alongside Pep for the past eight years including four years at Barca and a further three at Bayern Munich.

He first joined City’s new boss when he took over at Barcelona B in 2008, helping the Catalans’ second team to win promotion at the first attempt.

Domenec played as a midfielder at U.E. Olot and managed Palamos and Girona in Spain between 2003 and 2006.

Torrent is one of the Pep’s most trusted lieutenants, usually sits next to him on the bench and at Bayern Munich and Barca was the only coach who would also give team-talks.

Let me start by saying: This is a real shame for our 2018 season. Hopefully we're not impacted too much by the coaching change, hopefully we can still finish Top 2 in the East and be getting hot in time for the playoffs.

This really is a no-brainer for Patrick. Jobs at good teams in one of the biggest leagues in the world don't come around every day. Nice is a consistent contender for European football. It's not PSG or Monaco, but it's one of the biggest clubs in France. It's a very good gig, and he'd be silly to pass it up. We'd be silly to expect him to pass it up because he wanted to finish our season.

Also, this shouldn't make us feel like a small club. MLS is not Ligue 1. This is a huge promotion for PV. And I actually think in the long run this is very good for NYCFC. Over the last four months, we've now shown that we can scout, draft and develop a young player who wants to play in Europe. And we've shown we can develop coaches, too. We can help young coaches get some time to ply their trade and move on to one of the biggest leagues in the world. This can only help us in the future.

As long as NYCFC continues to do what we did with Jack Harrison and Patrick Vieira, we will continue to get good coaches with ambition, and talented young players. We've set the framework.

I've said this before, be the best NYCFC you can be. We will never be Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. We CAN be Boca Juniors or Chivas if we want to be.

Because of the league, this will always be a stepping stone for managers and good young players. That's great. It helps with recruitment. It's why Ajax never has a problem recruiting all over the world 20 years after they were last relevant in Europe.

It is what it is. Most jobs in Ligue 1 are better than MLS ones as of now.
I'm not mad at PV. In a perfect world he'd leave at the end of our season but since we don't align with Europe and rightfully so, he goes. I look forward to seeing if the next coach can raise our level of play and improve our mentality in big games.
As for Man City announcing the move before us, I ain't eem mad. I pulled my quad today and CFG not fucking up would have surprised me. You're better off expecting them to mess up than doing the smart thing.

Vieira has left CFG, and likely gave out for future CFG jobs. Unless he is the best coach for Manchester after Pep in the coaching marketing.

So, will we finally hear a cryptic tweet from Mix?

Obviously no because he’s still on a Manchester City contract (that’s still really funny).

I realize that some of these teams had interim coaches, etc., but this kinda makes us part of the biggest managerial carousel this summer:

Wenger leaves Arsenal
Unai Emery joins Arsenal from PSG
Thomas Tuchel joins PSG from Dortmund
Lucien Favre joins Dortmund from Nice
Patrick Vieira joins Nice from NYCFC

Only one way to bring this full circle...

giphy.gif

I realize that some of these teams had interim coaches, etc., but this kinda makes us part of the biggest managerial carousel this summer:

Wenger leaves Arsenal
Unai Emery joins Arsenal from PSG
Thomas Tuchel joins PSG from Dortmund
Lucien Favre joins Dortmund from Nice
Patrick Vieira joins Nice from NYCFC

Only one way to bring this full circle...

giphy.gif

I just want any excuse to revisit this image.

Wenger2_2487215a.jpg