NYCFC Confirm Departure of PV. Nice Confirm Arrival of PV as Manager.

Not completely analogous, but there's college football, with too many classic examples of exits during successful seasons, hours before bowl games, etc.
That’s different - unless they’re playing for the national title, the bowl game is meaningless, even players are starting to sit them out. And they’re going from one team to another in the same “league” with the same regular season.

Reactions: FredMertz
That’s different - unless they’re playing for the national title, the bowl game is meaningless, even players are starting to sit them out. And they’re going from one team to another in the same “league” with the same regular season.
Tell that to the heartbroken kids who lose their coach days before the biggest sporting moment of their lives. Yes, bowl games have been watered down in recent years as a result of many things, but there are many players and supporters who would disagree that "the bowl game is meaningless."

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH

lmfao....bowl games matter especially to those smaller schools where these coaches tend to get poached from.

and you ask SEC fans if the BIG 10 or Big 12 are in the same "league" as them....the perception is that they are not.

Jordi Cryuff info:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordi_Cruyff

Maccabi Tel Aviv is his 3rd coaching gig. And he was sporting director for 4 years there before taking over as manager.

He’s currently being courted by Barca. (Not as manager, but still). So bringing him here means he had choices and is a coveted asset.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/barcelona-want-to-hire-jordi-cruyff-6754879

wait jordi is the rumored one to take over? ohhh man. feels like he is better as a sporting director

give me one of pep's assistants instead

Tell that to the heartbroken kids who lose their coach days before the biggest sporting moment of their lives. Yes, bowl games have been watered down in recent years as a result of many things, but there are many players and supporters who would disagree that "the bowl game is meaningless."
Idk, FSU fans and players were happy when Jimbo Fisher left.

lmfao....bowl games matter especially to those smaller schools where these coaches tend to get poached from.

and you ask SEC fans if the BIG 10 or Big 12 are in the same "league" as them....the perception is that they are not.
You just named a bunch of CONFERENCES.

They all are part of the same NCAA Division I League.

You just named a bunch of CONFERENCES.

They all are part of the same NCAA Division I League.

yes.....perception is not that same. UCF is 12-0 and guess what they didnt go for the national title....they are in the same DIV I League as Alabama. so no, same league but perception is not same, bowls matter and fans dont see the leagues in same light despite being in same league

The coaching search is going to be the most exciting club related news in a while. I'll be watching the Man City website for the announcement. Judging by how the stadium search is going, very soon can mean years :D.

Reactions: Kjbert
Prob will catch heat for this but I would not be opposed to Caleb Porter being coach. Coached Portland to an mls cup . Young coach and someone who would possibly be willing to stay for a while and build a great team.

Oh well.

I guess on some level we should be [quite really] "pleased" that our manager got poached by a "bigger" club. But it still sucks to have him leave halfway through about our best season in our short existence.

We definitely have assembled a squad of good young talent and have been perplexed on occasion by the manager's tactical rigidity, lack of substitutions, player selections and other factors. So, who knows, maybe this will lead to someone else picking up the baton and managing to get this squad playing to its full potential.

As a couple of others have said, it was apt for Paddy to leave after a draw we should have won and maybe the new guy will let the players be a little more expressive.

Overall, he was a marked improvement on Kreis, so if we make the same kind of step up this time I'll be happy enough.

Oh well.

I guess on some level we should be [quite really] "pleased" that our manager got poached by a "bigger" club. But it still sucks to have him leave halfway through about our best season in our short existence.

We definitely have assembled a squad of good young talent and have been perplexed on occasion by the manager's tactical rigidity, lack of substitutions, player selections and other factors. So, who knows, maybe this will lead to someone else picking up the baton and managing to get this squad playing to its full potential.

As a couple of others have said, it was apt for Paddy to leave after a draw we should have won and maybe the new guy will let the players be a little more expressive.

Overall, he was a marked improvement on Kreis, so if we make the same kind of step up this time I'll be happy enough.

This may be the end of the Tummy Mac era.

maybe im not too butt hurt as other fans because of the way the past two years have gone in playoffs. do well in season and then choke in playoffs. Granted, it was a better team but there were those games where team came out flat and had no fire in them, so i felt it would end in similar fashion.

can next manager suck worse? sure. we will find out how good or bad FO is at making decision, maybe six months earlier but a decision they would of had to make no doubt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christopher Jee
PV and his staff always appeared at least from the training videos to have created a nice balance of hard work and competitiveness offset with equal amounts of levity and fun. The stark contrast between the Kries era and the PV era was always player happiness and camaraderie, which I think was a big reason the team often bounced back well from difficult losses. Hopefully whomever they bring in can continue that tradition but I'm sure it will be a major change for the players regardless of the similarity in styles the new coaching staff brings. It has to be jarring to spend years with practices being run day to day by a set of people that one day are just gone.

I am honestly okay with anyone taking over as coach next with the except of Bruce Arena.

Give me Klinsmann!!